Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > French Card Deck

French Card Deck
macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2003, 11:59 PM

I love this:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

very cool, very appropriate. I want it.

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2003, 12:15 AM

Cute.

I guess that's the French equivalent of changing 'french fries to freedom fries'. I guess pettiness isn't monopolized by us Americans.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2003, 12:17 AM

The difference is this is private citizen/wacky association, not the congress.

Sandbaggins
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2003, 12:27 AM

Cool. Now commie left wingers can play bridge!
15" 1.25/512/80/5400/SD/AE Aluminum Powerbook

Nicko
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2003, 12:46 AM

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2003, 09:00 AM

Enough with the freedom-fries crap. That was one idiot representative who happened to be in control of the text of the Congressional cafeteria's menu. Congress didn't even get to vote on the issue. Poke fun of it if you must (it is rather funny, when you think about it), but call it what it is: one moron out of many. Not Congress.

As for these Bush-administration decks, I'm afraid I can't give points for originality. There's an English-language deck out there too, though it lists Bush as the Ace of Spades, not the King of Diamonds. Other notables are Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, and a whole bunch of conservatives.

"Fair and balanced", my @$$.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2003, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by Millennium:
Enough with the freedom-fries crap. That was one idiot representative who happened to be in control of the text of the Congressional cafeteria's menu. Congress didn't even get to vote on the issue. Poke fun of it if you must (it is rather funny, when you think about it), but call it what it is: one moron out of many. Not Congress.
Well, I think digging at that is more than appropriate here, since there were a couple of morons out of many here that actually agreed!

I think they can stand the odd prodding now and then; don't you?

-s*

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2003, 09:36 AM

As Millennium notes, there is an American "LOADED DECK" Version which actually lists Bush as the JOKER card.

When you get the deck they include two missing cards in a seperate envelope: The Constitution card and a Congress card because as they say: "The cards in this envelope are no longer used as they should be. Ordinarily these cards are required when playing but the dealers of the current game have decided that they needed to reemove them in order to gain an unfair advantage. While these cards were removed others were slipped into the deck for the same reason. In other words they have loaded the deck in their favor so they do not have to play by the rules!"

I rate this deck the best of the bunch, but hey, collect them all and play strip poker with your friends.

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 26, 2003, 10:18 AM

hillbilly posted
We could create a deck of the French, but white flags and swastikas aren't card suits.

AutoJC
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2003, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:

[/B]
ROFLMAO!
AutoJC

Pure Democracy Is Collectivist Mob Rule-
Capitalism.org

ambush
Banned
Sep 26, 2003, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:
I love this:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

very cool, very appropriate. I want it.
Very nice. I'm ordering a crate full of these

ambush
Banned
Sep 26, 2003, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Sandbaggins:
And we could not play Bridge with a normal deck of card before?

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 26, 2003, 11:49 AM

BTW the guy who put these out, is the same guy that tried to say no aircraft crashed into the Pentagon.

If that gives you any indication of the thought process that went into creating such cards.

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2003, 11:52 AM

Whatever. This guy is an even bigger moron. He "is the author of a one-time French best seller, "9-11: The Big Lie," claiming that no plane ever crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, and that the attacks were plotted by a faction within the U.S. military."

What do our responses say about any of us? Both stories get widespread attention and generate responses from people all over the world (including here). Is it these individual idiots, the media or us who are to blame?

I guess it shows for all our supposed 'civilization' that we have a long way to go to become a mature species.

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2003, 12:11 PM

Make that two morons; the burger joint in my town is still selling "freedom fries."
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 26, 2003, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by vmpaul:
Whatever. This guy is an even bigger moron. He "is the author of a one-time French best seller, "9-11: The Big Lie," claiming that no plane ever crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, and that the attacks were plotted by a faction within the U.S. military."

What do our responses say about any of us? Both stories get widespread attention and generate responses from people all over the world (including here). Is it these individual idiots, the media or us who are to blame?

I guess it shows for all our supposed 'civilization' that we have a long way to go to become a mature species.
That reason alone should be good enough for anyone to not give him money.

finboy
Sep 26, 2003, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Sandbaggins:
While they wait for the government to give them jobs and lives, etc.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2003, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by vmpaul:
Just goes to show that even a moron can be really funny.

Nothing new; we see it all the time on MacNN.

-s*

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2003, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
Just goes to show that even a moron can be really funny.

Nothing new; we see it all the time on MacNN.

-s*
True.

I guess it depends on how you respond to this type of stuff.

Does it make you depressed or optimistic about humanity?

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Sep 26, 2003, 05:39 PM

I happen to be proud of my president! He's the kind of guy I'd like to have a beer with but I dunno about the rest of the administration. They don't look like they're much fun. His brother Jeb is doing good things here in Florida. I don't mind poking some fun at them every once in a while, I know Bush looks a bit goofy at times

That card deck does not represent all of France because it is made by a few persons, not all of France. I just hope we get another four years of W.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2003, 12:19 AM

hellyeah!

Forum Links
Forum Rules