Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [Preview] LutetiumGUI

[Preview] LutetiumGUI (Page 3)
justinp
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2004, 12:12 PM

>> ???
Oh sh*t! I can't wait!

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 14, 2004, 12:10 PM

[Insert large yawn]

Right sooo.. I haven't got 0.8.0 done yet, I'm on 0.7.9 Revision 10 at the moment, mostly because I went nuts and have been going at the iTunes app skin. Which is basically 75% done now.. So at least beta-testers will have one app skin, hehe.

I'll be working on, surprise surprise, 0.8.0 tomorrow too.. Blegh if I don't get that far, I'll start sending out betas anyway, since I have been saying "soon" for the past week or so. Sooo.. Regardless whether I hit 0.8.0 tomorrow, I'll be emailing/transferring the beta about.

PimPamPet
Oct 14, 2004, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by esXXI:
[Insert large yawn]

Right sooo.. I haven't got 0.8.0 done yet, I'm on 0.7.9 Revision 10 at the moment, mostly because I went nuts and have been going at the iTunes app skin. Which is basically 75% done now.. So at least beta-testers will have one app skin, hehe.

I'll be working on, surprise surprise, 0.8.0 tomorrow too.. Blegh if I don't get that far, I'll start sending out betas anyway, since I have been saying "soon" for the past week or so. Sooo.. Regardless whether I hit 0.8.0 tomorrow, I'll be emailing/transferring the beta about.
Man, chill, stay relaxed!!!
Don't let the masses make you run faster than you want to. I'm really looking forward to your theme, but I'd hate to see you rush things and maybe later you'd decide to stop theming coz of popular demand!
Keep it up with a smile on your face!

Greetzzz

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 15, 2004, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by PimPamPet:
Man, chill, stay relaxed!!!
Don't let the masses make you run faster than you want to. I'm really looking forward to your theme, but I'd hate to see you rush things and maybe later you'd decide to stop theming coz of popular demand!
Keep it up with a smile on your face!

Greetzzz
Hehe, I'm more worried that Phill will yell at me for being late. =)

mac15
Senior User
Oct 15, 2004, 01:06 AM

Hehe, I'm more worried that Phill will yell at me for being late. =)
Phill's a pussycat, right?

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 15, 2004, 07:46 AM

The first beta has been sent out, with 0.7.9 Rev. 13..

Probably expect daily emails with the latest build (please make sure to delete previous emails if they begin to take up room). Enjoy.

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 15, 2004, 07:30 PM

I would love to be a beta tester. Looove it and love you for it!

Man, was that begging?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 16, 2004, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by Stuphalina:
I would love to be a beta tester. Looove it and love you for it!

Man, was that begging?
Yes. PM with your email and I'll add you to the list, since I'm nice.

Okay mad-rush time it seems. I've half redone the progress bars (5th revision of them for God's sake!), they work (no nasty white outlines), they're pretty, yadda yadda. They'll be in the next email for beta-testers. And once those are done today, I'll be trying to shove as many small states in as I can tonight..

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2004, 10:52 AM

Yes. PM with your email and I'll add you to the list, since I'm nice.

Okay mad-rush time it seems. I've half redone the progress bars (5th revision of them for God's sake!), they work (no nasty white outlines), they're pretty, yadda yadda. They'll be in the next email for beta-testers. And once those are done today, I'll be trying to shove as many small states in as I can tonight..
wOOt! PM sent.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 16, 2004, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by Stuphalina:
wOOt! PM sent.
Note to self: Don't publicly say you're still accepting beta testers, lest you get half a dozen more PMs. xD

Okay I let you and two more people into the testing.. Pleasssseeeee no more PMs or emails.. x_x

Additional: Hehe okay I'm shattered now, I got some stuff done. Including- *Drumroll* -A new crisper styled Apple-menu image! Partially from all the complaints, and partially because all the MenuExtras have the "backlit" effect.. So meh. =) I'm going to finish off a few things and then pump out another beta email. Then I'll probably be lazy and just sketch some packaging ideas..
( Last edited by esXXI; Oct 16, 2004 at 03:10 PM. )

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2004, 04:16 AM

Okay I need help with two "bugs" I've been trying to squash this morning.

The first is with the iTunes titlebar buttons, I think the mask is the problem but meh..

If you peer closely you can see how there seems to be another "half a mask" above the button.. Any ideas how to make it go away? Edit: Okay I fixed that, it seems I have to make the buttons aligned top-wise the same as the regular ones.. I'll need to tweak the masks 'cause they seem to only go 60-70% across the buttons..

Secondly is to do with the white-space between the scrollbar ends..

Is it possible to change this, or is it the same as the view background or what?

Edit: In the meantime, I sent out the 0.7.9 Rev.24 email this morning, I'm currently at Rev.37 and should be sending out a newer one in 2-4hrs. I'll try and not get distracted, finish redoing the wells and carbon popups and throw the "0.8.0" tag on it..

Edit edit: I sent out Rev.37 'cause I'mah the lazy. =)
( Last edited by esXXI; Oct 18, 2004 at 05:30 AM. )

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2004, 08:17 AM

make a safari skin
fix the selected tabs (i mean, seriously, its hard as hell to tell whats selected)
spelling dots are hard to see
the apple looks well, like crap
make a safari skin
stop sending out three hundred revs, we don't need a new one for each new thing you skin in itunes
make a safari skin (i'm telling you its a pain in the ass to beta a theme when the most used app isn't themed fully)
scroll-bars don't seem to fit in with the rest of the whole "etched" look personally (neither do the rounded bevels)

if anyone decides to jump on my ass don't because frankly, i don't care, i like this theme, i'm pointing out flaws, and if you dont like it put me on ignore or something instead of derailing. kthnxbi

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 18, 2004, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by fireside:
make a safari skin
fix the selected tabs (i mean, seriously, its hard as hell to tell whats selected)
spelling dots are hard to see
the apple looks well, like crap
make a safari skin
stop sending out three hundred revs, we don't need a new one for each new thing you skin in itunes
make a safari skin (i'm telling you its a pain in the ass to beta a theme when the most used app isn't themed fully)
scroll-bars don't seem to fit in with the rest of the whole "etched" look personally (neither do the rounded bevels)

if anyone decides to jump on my ass don't because frankly, i don't care, i like this theme, i'm pointing out flaws, and if you dont like it put me on ignore or something instead of derailing. kthnxbi
1) I asked for feedback via email so I don't have to constantly check MacNN.
2) It's pretty annoying to repeatedly say "Oh yeah that's fixed/changed/whatever now" which is why I've sent out FIVE betas so far. If that bugs you, you should of requested that I only send you major ones.
3) Replies:

�� fix the selected tabs (i mean, seriously, its hard as hell to tell whats selected)
If you mean the Safari ones, that's how they're going to stay.

�� spelling dots are hard to see
So are the titlebar buttons, and titlebar text, and the menus text. Unless you want me to make them bright red like the default ones.

�� the apple looks well, like crap
The "fuzzy" Apple is a different style since Rev.24+

�� make a safari skin
Maybe once I finish off important UI-elements and stuff. One thing at a time please?

�� stop sending out three hundred revs, we don't need a new one for each new thing you skin in itunes
5 does not equal 300. If I only sent one out periodically then I then have to go back and address any bugs people see. This way things are still fresh in my head so I can deal with them straight away.

�� make a safari skin (i'm telling you its a pain in the ass to beta a theme when the most used app isn't themed fully)
Read above.

�� scroll-bars don't seem to fit in with the rest of the whole "etched" look personally (neither do the rounded bevels)
They aren't meant to fit in. You won't like the updated list headers either then.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2004, 12:31 PM

esXXI, meet fireside.....you have only one option. Delete him from the beta list or else these incessant ramblings will only continue. Kinda funny though since he lives to point out where *others* fail to read...but yet his post is a prime example.

P.S. Make a Safari Skin...

justinp
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2004, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
You know, you could always make your own until the builds include one. It doesn't take that long to get the major elements in.

roosta
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2004, 12:54 PM

this is a little off topic and isn't directed at anyone in particular, but how come no one ever skins firefox? its a better browser than safari and more secure.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2004, 12:55 PM

I thought about that but I didn't wanna get in esXXI's grill...but I just *had* to make a rounded menubar.

Dave-o�
Senior User
Oct 18, 2004, 01:41 PM

I thought about that but I didn't wanna get in esXXI's grill...but I just *had* to make a rounded menubar.
What color did you use? White? Light Grey? or hot pink...

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2004, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by roosta:
this is a little off topic and isn't directed at anyone in particular, but how come no one ever skins firefox? its a better browser than safari and more secure.
Why don't you start another thread on this? This one is about LuGUI and has nothing to do with Firefox ...
Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they
come at you rapidly

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2004, 06:52 PM

Hey all . I a have found a very groovy cursor that works so dang well with this theme that I had to share.It is for Mighty Mouse. PM me an email addy and I'll ship it to ya straight away.dig.werd.
"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2004, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by brazil:
Hey all . I a have found a very groovy cursor that works so dang well with this theme that I had to share.It is for Mighty Mouse. PM me an email addy and I'll ship it to ya straight away.dig.werd.
Do you have a screen of it?
click one

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2004, 11:33 PM

Yep. Itz in my lastest screenshot over there in that other thread.The only thing you don't see from the SS is the Hypno Rotation its got goin' on.Translucent Blu
"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

Holigen
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2004, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by roosta:
Cause Safari uses the themes buttons and stuff. Thats cool. Its annoying in Firefox when I see those little boxes, comeon, get rid of Win95 graphics. Were in MacOSX

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2004, 12:26 AM

yeah im gunna go ahead and delete this one too.
( Last edited by fireside; Oct 19, 2004 at 04:12 AM. )

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2004, 12:30 AM

esXXI, meet fireside.....you have only one option. Delete him from the beta list or else these incessant ramblings will only continue. Kinda funny though since he lives to point out where *others* fail to read...but yet his post is a prime example.

i'm afraid i don't understand. you're attacking me, then complimenting me (right?) then attacking me again?

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2004, 01:16 AM

i'm afraid i don't understand. you're attacking me, then complimenting me (right?) then attacking me again?
Dont' cry little one - you'll understand when you're older You relly gotta start growing up and loose that f*ing attitude - it's getting old ... wait no, it's been old for a while. Maybe you should spend some time away from the forums, put away your video games, and go find yourself a girl. Just a thought.
come at you rapidly

Aluminum
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2004, 01:19 AM

ouch, I however have to agree, hump a woman and not the MacNN board, there is more to life than that. Or maybe there isn't
15.2" Al/1.25ghz/1gig/Superdrive/80(5400)

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2004, 02:42 AM

edit: actually, you know what, i'm not even going to continue this arguement. i'm deleting my post. if you want to moan about me feel free to private message me.

kthnxbye
( Last edited by fireside; Oct 19, 2004 at 04:06 AM. )

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2004, 03:20 AM

*gets that glossy eyed look*

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 19, 2004, 12:52 PM

Sent out 0.8.0RC1 blah blah- Once I get things neatened up I'll probably knock it out as a "beta release."

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2004, 12:56 PM

edit: actually, you know what, i'm not even going to continue this arguement. i'm deleting my post.
Now that's the way to earn some respect fireside.
come at you rapidly

testnull
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 19, 2004, 02:54 PM

Note to self: Don't publicly say you're still accepting beta testers, lest you get half a dozen more PMs. xD

Okay I let you and two more people into the testing.. Pleasssseeeee no more PMs or emails.. x_x
Hey! I PMed you even before you said you were accepting! Where's my love?

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to wait until the public release. Will you be holding off for the public SS2.0 release, and if so, will you perhaps post a link head of time to the SS beta forum?

haley
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2004, 12:12 AM

this desktop pictures goes really well with LutetiumGUI:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6973726/

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 10:35 AM

Am I assuming correctly of this leaked information from MacThemes? This is about the upcoming ShapeShifter 2.0 to be released on Oct. 26, along with 4 themes.
Posted by Phillip Ryu at October 20, 2004 07:12 AM

Which four themes? I can at the moment name three of them: Somatic, Fear Platinum 3, and LutetiumGUI.

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 03:51 PM

heh i must have been kicked off the list. oh well, didn't like it too much after seeing it (guess mac15 was right).

Aluminum
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2004, 06:01 PM

so not only do you say your going to remove yourself from this conversation, you have to put down one of the best upcoming themes, in all seriousness, how old are you?

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2004, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by Aluminum:
so not only do you say your going to remove yourself from this conversation, you have to put down one of the best upcoming themes, in all seriousness, how old are you?
highschool ...
come at you rapidly

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 20, 2004, 06:31 PM

Sorry I haven't said publicly yet; LuGUI was originally going to be offered and released the same time as ShapeShifter 2.0; now it won't be. I just don't have time to get it all finished to a standard I want in time. It won't be delayed too long, and beta-users will still get pre-releases. Sorry if that's disappointing.

Secondly, Fireside, I took you off the beta list because not only did you go against what I asked for in the emails, complained about receiving emails but also posted non-helpful criticism. I don't personally care whether you take this as "childish," in fact if you ask other people who took the time to properly reply with their thoughts and issues/worries, you'll find that I addressed each one in depth in length replies.

(And the "I didn't like it anyway" style comment is rather immature, I find.)

Thanks Aluminium.

mac15
Senior User
Oct 20, 2004, 06:33 PM

That sucks I was looking forward to using it, (yes I made that comment earlier) but after seeing esXXI screenshot it's looking great

Aluminum
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2004, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by olorin15:
highschool ...
I was thinking more along the lines of junior high

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 07:36 PM

No, I was simply introducing esXXI to your online persona and making suggestions to him for the long haul since you *are* IGNORABLE. Just not by me......

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by Aluminum:
no, i said i was going to remove myself from olorions stupid arguement. not the conversation.

wtf, i can put down whatever the hell i want. just because its "the best upcoming theme" (which is just about as subjective as saying "chocolate is the best ice cream flavor ever) doesn't means it can't be put down.

and yes, i didn't say "i didn't like it much anyway" to be bitter. i really didn't like it after long term use. sue me. i don't care. i'm much happier in Somatic (which is the best upcoming theme in my freaking opinion).

olorin15
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2004, 08:55 PM

no, i said i was going to remove myself from olorions stupid arguement. not the conversation.

wtf, i can put down whatever the hell i want. just because its "the best upcoming theme" (which is just about as subjective as saying "chocolate is the best ice cream flavor ever) doesn't means it can't be put down.

and yes, i didn't say "i didn't like it much anyway" to be bitter. i really didn't like it after long term use. sue me. i don't care. i'm much happier in Somatic (which is the best upcoming theme in my freaking opinion).
Well children, what have we learned from all this today? That's right children, not a god damn thing
Everytime I think you just might have started to grow up, you show me wrong in a spectacular fashion once again. Be a good boy and try to think about what people are saying to you before you get into another fit and start typing away at your keyboard, mmkay?
come at you rapidly

justinp
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2004, 09:28 PM

I'm not backing fireside on this issue, as there is a little thing called tact which he has never acknowledged. However, antagonizing him and generally being condescending as often as possible doesn't help your case or make you right, no matter how eloquently you're able to do it.

fireside: You really ought to try not being a dick about stuff if there is no call for it. We won't think you've lost your edge. Really.

others: Stop provoking him, he has no self control.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2004, 03:32 AM

justinp: Well said. Thanks.

siMac
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2004, 01:51 PM

Oh man, this theme is gonna be the dog's bollocks!

|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2004, 06:56 PM

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 23, 2004, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by TheSpaz:
http://www.vanillasoap.com/two/releases/
Which don't work because I haven't finished all the entries. But you're all welcome to oogle at the pictures I've posted there so far.

esXXI  (op)
Senior User
Oct 28, 2004, 02:48 AM

Just notes, since I can talk about SS2 features now; LuGUI is taking that extra time because I'm going to complete the LuMetem icon-set before releasing it. Anyone who uses/seen the "Polished Drives expansion"; those are the LuMetem drives, so you know what kind of style it'll be in. I'm going to be releasing two miniSets from LuMetem shortly at any rate..

Going to be taking the next few days off doing work/stuff because of some very important, and upsetting, personal matters. Sorry for the delay in getting a new beta out..

Lastly LuGUI's guiKit will come in two sizes:

� Full (30-40MB), available in compressed DMG format
-- Both Lunar and Solar colours
-- LuCursor set
-- LuMetem icon-set
-- "Spare" or "Extra" icons
-- LuSpace wallpaper (sizes: 2560x1600, 1600x1200, 1280x960)
-- Magnetized Mind wallpapers (sizes: 1600x1200)
-- Abstract-BST S3 wallpapers (sizes: 2560x1600, 1600x1200, 1280x960)
-- Resources for some applications (mostly menubar icons)

� Lite (<6-8MB), available in guiKit format
-- Both Lunar and Solar colours
-- LuCursor set
-- LuMetem icon-set
-- LuSpace wallpaper (sizes: 2560x1600)

silencedge
Oct 28, 2004, 04:58 AM

Hi es.xxi!

Nice... very prompt update with TP.

Forum Links
Forum Rules