Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > MobileMe and iPhone question that seems obvious

MobileMe and iPhone question that seems obvious
alligator
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2008, 09:40 PM

I've watched the video about MobileMe produced by Apple. In it, they mention the "push" concept and their "cloud" which is responsible for pushing everything to all of my devices.

I was planning to purchase a new 3G iPhone for both me, and my wife. I also have iCal full of calendar appointments for myself, my wife, and my kids. iCal does a wonderful job of showing them with different colors.

If MobileMe will push all changes to each phone and computer, why doesn't Apple let us show appointments in color on each iPhone? Why can't I uncheck a calendar group on my iPhone? For example, I may want to see my wife's appointments from time to time, but I'll want them hidden most of the time.

Is it me, or is Apple overlooking this issue?

Big-C
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 16, 2008, 12:18 AM

Interesting that you mention this, because today I happened to look at the iphone 3g site at apple, and if you watch the demo's there for calendar, the events show up in color on the iphone.

What a coincidence - looks like you'll get your wish!

Forum Links
Forum Rules