Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > GeForce 2 MX in QS and dual monitors

GeForce 2 MX in QS and dual monitors
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2002, 11:19 AM

Well, isn't the GeForce 2 MX that came with the QS 867 supposed to support twin view? What gives. I have a 17-inch CRT and a 15-inch Apple LCD. And yes, of course they both plug in.

The CRT works fine on its own, the LCD works fine on its own, but if try to use both it just doesn't work. Displays in prefs in X doesn't see the second monitor, same deal with 9, all it can see is the LCD.

I am using an old, old CRT though, I borrowed it for the time in which my LCD was in for repairs and I can have it for a bit longer. I am about to do a huge editing project, and it would be nice to use twin displays for it. The original connection on the display is not VGA, I have an adapter to VGA though. Instead it is one of thsoe old Apple display connectors from like the LC, or 6100... I will edit in the name when I remember it.

Anyways, is there a firmware update that I don't have, or can I just not use this CRT with this adapter and instead have to buy a real VGA?

Forum Links
Forum Rules