Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.7.3 is out

10.7.3 is out
imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2012, 06:00 PM

10.7.3 just rolled out. Anyone downloaded yet? Any issues or annoying bugs that you've noticed have either appeared or gone away?

About the OS X Lion v10.7.3 update

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2012, 09:28 AM

"Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep"

whoopee !!

Salty
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2012, 04:53 PM

Big thing for me, they fixed the bug where Photoshop CS5 would glitch about where your brush was requiring you to constantly leave on caps lock for the precise cursor. This was probably the best point upgrade I've ever had. Normally I just update and never notice a change. This makes me very happy!

imitchellg5  (op)
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2012, 04:51 PM

Salty, I had that same issue and I didn't realize it was a Lion bug at all. I thought it was just me. Awesome!

MrsLarry
Senior User
Feb 24, 2012, 10:49 AM

For me, this fixed the freezing up on my iMac, HOWEVER, instead, now I get a gray striped screen about every 3 days. WTF?

ibook_steve
Feb 24, 2012, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by MrsLarry View Post
For me, this fixed the freezing up on my iMac, HOWEVER, instead, now I get a gray striped screen about every 3 days. WTF?
Gray striped screen? Do you mean a kernel panic?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

MrsLarry
Senior User
Feb 24, 2012, 06:42 PM

I just Google image search kernel panic. (I've heard of it, but never seen one) Looks like you get a message. This has no message. The screen just goes. Almost seems like it can't handle the video or something. It didn't occur to me until just now, I think I was scrolling down a facebook age at the time, so, image heavy. Could be unrelated, but there you have it...

ibook_steve
Feb 24, 2012, 08:32 PM

That sounds more like a graphics chip (GPU) issue. Can the problem be reliably reproduced? Can it be reproduced on an external display?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

MrsLarry
Senior User
Feb 24, 2012, 08:40 PM

I haven't been able to make it happen, I'm just going to have to keep an eye on it. I found online to try resetting the PRAM, which I did. We'll see if that helps at all. Thanks, Steve for the ideas.

For the record, the iMac is about 4 years old, out of warranty. My husband and I have actually opened it up before to replace my hard drive for a larger one about a year ago. If we had to replace something else, I'd feel confident that we'd be able to do it again. Can a graphics chip be replaced? (Please pardon my ignorance, hardware issues are really out of my realm)

Forum Links
Forum Rules