Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Mini ship dates: USA

Mac Mini ship dates: USA
dougmilbourne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2005, 02:00 PM

Ordered mine the day after the announcement and the est delivery time was 3 to 4 weeks. Curious does anybody have a confirmed date on their invoice or will the ship dates be confirmed on the official release date? I've never ordered from Apple before so I don't know how they operate.

Thanks

osxisfun
Jan 18, 2005, 02:11 PM

they sometimes will change a long 3 or 4 weeks to shipping.. it can be unpredictable at this stage.

more than likely it will ship on the 20th or 22nd? (what's the announced ship date?)

active
Jan 18, 2005, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by dougmilbourne:
Ordered mine the day after the announcement and the est delivery time was 3 to 4 weeks. Curious does anybody have a confirmed date on their invoice?
Yes, mine is down for shipping 'on or before 28/01/05' and hasn't changed since ordering. I ordered about 15 minutes after the keynote, however.

It takes around 4 days to ship to a UK destination, so I expect it to arrive the following week - first week of Feb.

Chris.

MDWeezer
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2005, 01:59 PM

Ordered BTO (See sig): 1/30/05
Ship on or before: 3/4/05

Waiting very patiently

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 14, 2005, 01:09 PM

Ordered on 01/27/05
Open Est. Ship 02/25/2005

MACMINI 1.42GHZ/256/80G/SD/BT+AP/OS-X/LL

-t

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 14, 2005, 01:10 PM

Btw, there is another thread about shipping dates, but it got tookinated...

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=244808

-t

DoraExplorer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2005, 07:23 PM

I originally ordered 6 Feb: revised delivery date was 9 Mar.

I decided to upgrade to the 1.42 GHz / 80 GB, so I cancelled today and reordered: delivery date: 8 Mar.

This kinda tells me that they really don't know when it will get here.

MDWeezer
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2005, 02:42 AM

Originally posted by DoraExplorer:
I originally ordered 6 Feb: revised delivery date was 9 Mar.

I decided to upgrade to the 1.42 GHz / 80 GB, so I cancelled today and reordered: delivery date: 8 Mar.

This kinda tells me that they really don't know when it will get here.
For a more specific shipping date call 1-800-My-Apple with your order number. To speak to a rep I believe the menu options are 2-2-2 and maybe another 2 But you can get on with a rep very easily and they'll give you a detailed shipping date.

I believe the date on the webpage is the "no later than" date.

Hopefully they'll start shipping sooner and us who ordered a BTO Mini will rejoice and be happy

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2005, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by MDWeezer:
For a more specific shipping date call 1-800-My-Apple with your order number.
Nah, they give you the same generic "Open Est. Ship date" as you get online. As long as the order has not left the warehouse, they can't give you any more specifics...

-t

elvis2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2005, 12:19 PM

Ordered BTO (See sig): 1/30/05
Ship on or before: 3/4/05

Waiting very patiently
If you can deal without Airport (do you plan to roam city streets with yout Mini?) then mine is available on ebay:

CLICK HERE TO BID

You could have it by this weekend. Bidding ends tonight.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2005, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by elvis2000:
If you can deal without Airport (do you plan to roam city streets with yout Mini?) then mine is available on ebay:
...dead linky...
That is lame SPAM

-t

elvis2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2005, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by turtle777:
That is lame SPAM

-t
How? I was offering a means of circumventing Apple shipping delays! Completely relevant to the discussion. Not up to speed on the definition of SPAM are you?

A message is Spam only if it is both Unsolicited and Bulk.

- Unsolicited Email is normal email
(examples: first contact enquiries, job enquiries, sales enquiries)

- Bulk Email is normal email
(examples: subscriber newsletters, customer communications, discussion lists)

DEFINITION OF SPAM

MDWeezer
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2005, 08:20 PM

So right now my "Ship on or before" date is 3/4/05, I called Apple today and they said it would ship more close to the 28th of Feb and the 4th would be the latest possible ship day.

So calling Apple will give you a little update and is worth a shot if you're really interesting on knowing when your Mini will ship.

Plus it doesn't hurt, its a free call so go for it

elvis2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2005, 11:11 PM

So right now my "Ship on or before" date is 3/4/05, I called Apple today and they said it would ship more close to the 28th of Feb and the 4th would be the latest possible ship day.

So calling Apple will give you a little update and is worth a shot if you're really interesting on knowing when your Mini will ship.

Plus it doesn't hurt, its a free call so go for it
P.S. Tekserve has them in stock and ready to ship.

MDWeezer
Forum Regular
Feb 17, 2005, 04:12 AM

P.S. Tekserve has them in stock and ready to ship.
I don't think any retailer has a Mini with my BTO options in stock right now (see my sig).

Not to mention I got the student discount ordering from Apple.

elvis2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 17, 2005, 09:33 AM

I don't think any retailer has a Mini with my BTO options in stock right now (see my sig).

Not to mention I got the student discount ordering from Apple.
No, not like in your sig. They do have a 1.42GHz with 512MB, Bluetooth, Superdrive and 80GB for $824... everything but Airport. I still don't get why you want/need Airport on a desktop, wouldn't a wireless bridge be easier and offer improved reception?

chrisuso
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2005, 10:50 AM

I ordered my mac mini on the last week of Jan. On the 14th of feb (this week) it cancelled and was bumped to Mar 9th. Now it says feb 24th. Apple better not be playing with me! Im gettng excited!

-Chris

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 17, 2005, 11:21 AM

A message is Spam only if it is both Unsolicited and Bulk.
No, either one by itself constitutes SPAM.

He didn't ask for someone to sell him something because he already had ordered the mini.
And if you want to sell on MacNN, then go to the marketplace.

-t

MDWeezer
Forum Regular
Feb 17, 2005, 12:31 PM

No, not like in your sig. They do have a 1.42GHz with 512MB, Bluetooth, Superdrive and 80GB for $824... everything but Airport. I still don't get why you want/need Airport on a desktop, wouldn't a wireless bridge be easier and offer improved reception?
I got the setup in my sig for $770.

I want internal bluetooth because:
a) Cheaper than a bridge (most i've seen run around $80-$100, I think I paid $89 for Blueooth and APE)
b) I don't want a cluttered desk. I just want to plug in my mouse and monitor (have apples bluetooth keyboard) and my my iPod and my setup is complete. I'm all about style and having a clean setup, adding a boxy thing with antennae isn't what I call sexy
c) Everywhere i'll house my mini has a wireless connection so I can set it up in any room any when I move it from house to house I don't want to have to pack another item (the bridge), simply switch the network profile and i'm on.

I guess its all about simplicity and looks. But thats just me

Ok back on topic!

I ordered the Bluetooth Keyboard ($53 after student discount) on Tuesday and it should show up tomorrow hopefully, haha, a few weeks before my Mini shows, doh! Oh well, when my Mini shows everything is in place and ready so i'll be able to fire it up ASAP out of the box.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 17, 2005, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by turtle777:
Ordered on 01/27/05
Open Est. Ship 02/25/2005
MACMINI 1.42GHZ/256/80G/SD/BT+AP/OS-X/LL
OMGOMGOMG!!!111oneone
It has shipped today !

"Arrived at FedEx Ramp SHENZHEN CN" ?!?!

Where the heck is SHENZHEN CANADA

-t

chrisuso
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2005, 06:50 PM

Congrats Turtle! You da man!

steppenwolf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2005, 01:36 AM

Finally!

I'm sure I've checked that order status page at least a hundred times since I ordered on 1/25. Much to my amazement and glee, I checked tonight after watching a movie and hallelujah, it's shipped!

No tracking information whatsoever for it just yet (coming to New York), but since it's Friday, I won't be getting it until at least Monday or Tuesday anyhow.

So happy!

It's a 1.42GHz/512MB/80GB/combo drive/AP+BT, for anyone who's still anticipating theirs.

lucincia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2005, 10:41 AM

Last time I used and developed for a Mac was over 10 years ago. Then I switched over to the dark side and became a servant to the Windows environment.

After I saw the release of Mac Mini, I yearned to come back to the Mac world. So, I placed my order for a 1.42/512MB/80GB/Wireless/Bluetooth unit on Jan 18 2005 from CDW.Com.

It has not arrived yet, even though my sales rep told me it may be Feb 7, 2005.

From the sound of it, there is a delay, but a month? I know Apple is notorious with their supply chain management during product launches, but I am seeing people ordering the products after I did and have received it.

How the heck does Apple expect to win new converts with product delivery delays like this?

*sigh*

Burke
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2005, 06:32 PM

I ordered a 1.25 GHz through Apple a couple of weeks ago, said 3/8/2005 as of today, so I went looking. Found them available on Amazon through TechDepot.com (Office Depot) and canceled my Apple store order.

http://www.techdepot.com/store/ca_macmini.asp

My receipt states mine will be available to ship on Monday. I lost the education discount, but it was only $20, so no big deal.

Too Artificial
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2005, 08:49 PM

I just ordered mine.

Mac mini 1.25GHz
256MB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
80GB Ultra ATA drive
Combo Drive
Internal Bluetooth + AirPort Extreme Card
56K v.92 Modem
Est Ship: 2-3 weeks
$609.00+tax

Coupled with the Dell 2005FPW I got yesterday for $507, that's a pretty sweet setup for just over $1100.

Burke
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2005, 11:15 PM

I just got an e-mail telling me my Mac mini has shipped! Damn, that's some fast service.

EDIT: TechDepot is now sold out of the 1.25 mini.
( Last edited by Burke; Feb 19, 2005 at 12:27 AM. )

Too Artificial
Forum Regular
Feb 19, 2005, 01:08 AM

Now that they've processed my order, my ship date is on or before 3/15. At least Feb is a short month.

ccdd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2005, 02:11 PM

Just got a mac mini $499 model at microcenter local(Long island, NY), they have some of them in stock.(1.25G, 256M/40G)

And if you apply their credit card, there will be $100 rebate.

Enjoying my mac mini!!

MDWeezer
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2005, 11:27 AM

This is my BTO Mini that I ordered on 1/30/05:
MACMINI 1.25GHZ
512 MB DDR400 - 1 DIMM
80 GB ULTRA ATA DRIVE
Superdrive (CD-RW/DVD�RW)
Bluetooth + Airport
56k V.92 Modem
Mac OS X

It has shipped on 02/21/2005

So not too bad for a full BTO Mini!

My only problem is i'm not around when Fedex shows up so I can sign I missed them Friday when they showed up with my Apple bluetooth keyboard so i'm going to have to figure out how i'm going to manage to sign for it, i'll most likely have my neighbors keep a eye out or leave a note for the FedEx guy to go next door.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 21, 2005, 12:48 PM

Woot ! Just got my Mac mini. I ordered ground shipping 01/25/05.

It shipped on 02/18/05 7.03 pm from SHENZHEN CN and arrived today (02/21/05) at 9:00 AM in Newport News.

That is 3.5 days for ground shippping from China to the East Coast.
Freakin' good, if you ask me...

-t

lombard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2005, 08:06 PM

Just got shipment confirmation on my BTO. Ordered on 2/9/05, estimated ship date was 3/3/05 or earlier. Actual ship date was 2/21/05! Another week and it'll be in my hands.

1.42 GHz
256 MB RAM (Ordered a 1 GB stick from newegg.com, already have it)
80 GB HD
Superdrive
Airport + Bluetooth

neoptik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2005, 09:46 PM

After wanting to be a mac user for 6 years, my parents just ordered this for me as a graduation present:

mini 1.25
512 megs ram
superdrive
3 years of applecare
wired keyboard

and a sony sdm-74 from newegg

I'm very excited. Ship date on the mini is on or before 3/15. I just can't wait to drop kick my PC out the 10th floor of my dorm

SoBayJake
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2005, 01:21 PM

neoptik, congrats on the Mac!

I know this has been talked about over and over..but here's my rant anyway. I ordered 2/1/05, with an estimated ship OOB 3/3/05, then 3/9/05, then 3/4/05.

Mine has now been sitting in China for 36 hours or so. :-(
On the web, it allowed me to select "Overnite" shipping. But since it shipped at 12 AM PST on Mon morning, and its STILL in China, I called Apple. Turns out the system shouldn't have even let me try for overnite. So they refunded that money.

With the first call to FedEx, with an unpleasant woman who felt the need to define the term "Estimated" for me, I was told it was shipped on a "Space Available" basis, and on its way to Alaska, and would be delivered w/i 24 hours of clearing customs. Well, I checked again, and it still in China. The second woman said "hopefully it will move today or tomorrow" :-(

I suppose I can't complain too much, since I'll still have it before the "OOB ship date." But why all the hiccups? I realize sending an item "space available" is cheaper, but some people (like me!) would have paid a little more to avoid that!

-Jake
Too many Apple/Mac products to even bother listing!

chrisuso
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2005, 12:40 PM

Hey, thats messed up! I ordered mine on the 28th of Jan and still not shipped yet. 24th is the on or before date. I see some of you ordered after me and your product is shipped. Im so excited but cant I get the same love?

I ordered a 1.4
just upgraded to super drive.

jase71
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2005, 12:56 PM

Be sure and tell us when yours ships, chrisuso. It'll be a hint that mine is getting closer. I ordered exactly the same thing as you, although my order went in on 2/6. Mine hasn't shipped yet either.

It's frustrating to see Minis being shipped that were ordered after mine (different setups, though). I'm impatient! I want my Mini!

SoBayJake
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2005, 01:21 PM

Sorry to hear/read that your Minis have not shipped yet. :-(

If its any consolation, getting mine has been a nightmare. First the oopsies w/ overnite shipping. Then it was schedule for Friday, but made it to LA today (Wed), and to my local distribution place at 7 AM. So I stayed home this morning to sign for it.

But it wasn't on the truck. So I called a little before 9, to see if I could pick it up, since the place is 2-3 miles from my house. They were going to "research it" and call me back this morning, and let me know. So I decide to get in the shower, and go to work. And OF COURSE, it comes at 9:04!!! Their damn system never showed it on the truck!

So I called them back right away, and told them how THREE people told me it wasn't on the truck, it must have missed it. They were going to attempt to contact the driver, and redeliver it, and I offered to meet him someplace, since he had left about 2 min before I got out of the shower. ARGH!!!
Too many Apple/Mac products to even bother listing!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2005, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by chrisuso:
I ordered a 1.4. just upgraded to super drive.
What do you mean ? You orderd on the 28th of Jan., but changed your order just recently ? And you still expect to get it at the same time ?

-t

chrisuso
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2005, 03:26 PM

I meant the only thing special of the order was the superdrive. I didnt mean updated my order.

chrisuso
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2005, 01:51 AM

Well, Just checked the status for the thousanth time. It now says, shipped, but no tracking number yet. I bet its prepared and ready to go but not exactly shipped. It is 7:50PM Hawaii time on the 24th, talk about cutting it to the last minute! If shipped on the 25th, I should see it on Wednesday. Ill give more updates later. I hope for the best for you all who are waiting like myself!

-Chris

xandro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2005, 01:33 PM

Just got an email that my mini is shipping! I placed the original order on 2/6. I changed the order a few days later, but was still given a 3/8 ship date. So really it was about 3 weeks.

Memory 1 GB DDR400 - 1 DIMM.
Hard Drive 80 GB ULTRA ATA DRIVE
Optical Drive Superdrive (CD-RW/DVD�RW)
Wireless Bluetooth + Airport
Modem 56k V.92 Modem
Custom SW I None
Custom SW II None
Country Kit Country Kit
MAC OS LANGUAGE Mac OS X
__________________________________________________ _____

jase71
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2005, 02:00 PM

Just got my shipping notice too. Also ordered 2/6. Mine was the 1.42 with just the Superdrive upgrade.

Finally! I'm not sure how much longer I could have held out!

Goldie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2005, 06:43 PM

Assembly line must be rollin'. Ordered on 2/4 shipped today from SHENZHEN CN.

scadboy
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2005, 12:51 PM

Sounds like apple's catching up, just got my shipment notification,

Ordered 2/16, Shipped 3/2

1.42GHZ/256/80G/CMD/BT+AP/OS-X/L

Now I order RAM! woot

I'm hoping it'll get here on Friday. It doesn't yet indicate from where it shipped, the tracking number isn't active yet.

-michael

DrWoo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2005, 01:42 PM

Ordered mine 2/11 and it shipped today... Yeah!!!!!!

1.42, 512MB, 80GB, SuperDrive, Fast Track USB
My Ramblings:
http://karagitz.blogspot.com

chrisuso
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2005, 01:43 AM

Well ladies, Here is my first post from my MAC. I have converted over. Still have my PC Notebook just incase, but so far, no problems exchanging files. I used my iPod Mini to transfer files over. Even my music with purchased itunes were sent over and all done legally! How's that for a mac attack!

I got my Mac mini on the 1st of March at 7:00pm. I love this thing. Love tinkering with it.

Safari is slow, so I use firefox.
( Last edited by chrisuso; Mar 3, 2005 at 04:27 AM. )

xandro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2005, 10:34 PM

mini came today! All hooked up and ready to go. I am very happy with it so far!

jase71
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2005, 10:41 PM

Mine showed up today as well.

I'm impressed. Very impressed, actually. The thing is silent. I was hoping it was going to be, but it has exceeded my expectations.

It's also quicker than I was expecting. After all the gripes by people about the speed, I was a little worried. And while it's not the fastest system I've used, it's more than adequate for a standard desktop. I have NO complaints.

Ah... and despite the complaints of a few, DVI works perfectly for me on my 20" LCD. No snow or interference.

xandro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2005, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by jase71:
Mine showed up today as well.

I'm impressed. Very impressed, actually. The thing is silent. I was hoping it was going to be, but it has exceeded my expectations.

It's also quicker than I was expecting. [. . .] I have NO complaints.

Ah... and despite the complaints of a few, DVI works perfectly for me on my 20" LCD. No snow or interference.
Same here! It's seems spunky to me. And I'm using a 17" DVI cheapie LCD, and it looks great!

Sealobo
Mar 5, 2005, 01:12 PM

show us pictures!

buckeyedesign
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2005, 03:07 PM

ordered 2/7 - estimated ship date was 3/8 but it shipped 3/2 from China and made it to Cleveland, OH for delivery 3/4...so I had the whole weekend to set it up and play around.

so far I love it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules