Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac Mini ship dates: USA

Mac Mini ship dates: USA (Page 2)
Too Artificial
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2005, 03:41 PM

Update:

Ordered 2/18
Sched. Ship: On or before 3/15

Shipped today from Shenzhen, China. Nice!

How long has it taken typically to get from China to the owner? I used the standard Apple shipping.

xandro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2005, 10:24 PM

Originally posted by Too Artificial:
Update:

Ordered 2/18
Sched. Ship: On or before 3/15

Shipped today from Shenzhen, China. Nice!

How long has it taken typically to get from China to the owner? I used the standard Apple shipping.
Shipped on Tuesday (our time) and arrived Friday. It went from Shenzhen to Alaska to Indianapolis before it headed to California, so I imagine that the Midwest would have faster delivery.

Too Artificial
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2005, 11:35 PM

Originally posted by xandro:
Shipped on Tuesday (our time) and arrived Friday. It went from Shenzhen to Alaska to Indianapolis before it headed to California, so I imagine that the Midwest would have faster delivery.
Oh cool. I'm on the east coast, but hoping mine gets here Friday so I can set it up this weekend. I ordered the RAM upgrade yesterday and it should be here tomorrow.

jdogg99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2005, 09:38 AM

Mine shipped today:

Ordered 2/19, would ship OOB Mar. 15th.

1.25 model with memory upgraded to 512.

neoptik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2005, 02:33 PM

I ordered on 2/21 (1.2/512/superdrive) and it shipped this morning from Shenzen. I'm on the east coast, any chance I'll get it by Friday?

scadboy
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2005, 03:08 PM

If my experience is any guide, you'll get it next monday. Mine shipped from China last Tuesday, actually ended up in Memphis by Friday, so if I had Saturday delivery, I would've probably gotten it on Saturday, but it arrived here just yesterday. I think it got stuck in customs in Indianapolis, but if you're closer to a major FedEx hub, like Memphis, then you may be in luck, but don't count on it.

-michael

neoptik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2005, 04:17 PM

Yeah I am in Boston, which is a reasonably big city. As far as it being close to a big FedEx hub I don't know. NYC?

jase71
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2005, 04:40 PM

Well, if you're lucky you might.

Mine shipped last Tuesday from China. It was delivered Friday morning. I live in Wausau, WI (right in the middle of the state), so I'm not exactly in a major urban area.

Best of luck, but it could be either Friday or Monday. Are you feeling lucky?

neoptik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2005, 05:46 PM

Yeah, feeling lucky enough. It's been agonizing to wait since 2/21 just to hear that its in FedEx's system! Can't wait to drop-kick my pc out the window from the 10th floor.

ceamus1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2005, 10:10 PM

i ordered from Powermax (no sales tax) and Apple doesn't accept foreign credit cards as i was trying to use my dad's who works abroad.

i ordered on 1/21 and still awaiting shipment. Powermax has not received my config yet, which was 1.42 with upgraded ram to 512

Too Artificial
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2005, 11:27 PM

FedEx's web site says I should get mine Friday morning. Hope that pans out.

blips
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2005, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by ceamus1:
i ordered from Powermax (no sales tax) and Apple doesn't accept foreign credit cards as i was trying to use my dad's who works abroad.

i ordered on 1/21 and still awaiting shipment. Powermax has not received my config yet, which was 1.42 with upgraded ram to 512
I ordered mine from Smalldog on 1/28. 1.42/256k/Superdrive/BT/AE and they have not received notice of shipment yet. Apple's system tells them they expect it to ship on 3/10. It seems like Apple is giving the shaft to their small retailers.

ceamus1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2005, 12:04 PM

At least Small Dog gave you what their system shows. Powermax wouldn't tell me of an estimated ship date that they have from Apple.

Too Artificial
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2005, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by Too Artificial:
FedEx's web site says I should get mine Friday morning. Hope that pans out.
Guess you can't believe everything that you read. FedEx attempted delivery today but no one was there to sign for the package. No biggie though, I'll pick it up after work at the FedEx facility. Can't wait.

neoptik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2005, 11:13 PM

Hope you are Right, Too Artificial. My FedEx status page says that it should be March 14th (Monday) and I would totally LOVE to have it this weekend. At the moment it is in Anchorage and it needs to get to Boston.

neoptik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2005, 11:36 AM

On the truck for delivery right now! Can't wait for class to be over...

Too Artificial
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2005, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by neoptik:
Hope you are Right, Too Artificial. My FedEx status page says that it should be March 14th (Monday) and I would totally LOVE to have it this weekend. At the moment it is in Anchorage and it needs to get to Boston.
Picked up mine after work last night and I gotta say, so far I love it. So small. I popped it open to install the 1GB RAM stick I bought from NewEgg. It's a fairly simple process, but a little nerve racking the first time. You're going to love your mini.

neoptik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2005, 02:55 PM

It's here and I freakin love it. Thank you apple. More to come.

blips
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2005, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by blips:
I ordered mine from Smalldog on 1/28. 1.42/256k/Superdrive/BT/AE and they have not received notice of shipment yet. Apple's system tells them they expect it to ship on 3/10. It seems like Apple is giving the shaft to their small retailers.
Well it got to be 3/11 and it didn't ship. Smalldog said the ship date was pushed back to 3/16. That is a few days to Smalldog and then three days to me. So I probably would not get it until 3/24 or 3/25. And there is no gaurantee that it would ship by 3/16. It could even be delayed from 3/16 also. I don't know if Smalldog is being honest with me or not. So I cancelled my order. I ordered through Apple on 3/11 and now I have a 3/25 estimated ship date. I figure the lastest I will get it is probably 3/30. Hopefully, Apple will ship it a week early like a lot of mini's have been shipping and I will have it on 3/25 anyway. I now have a piece of mind that it is coming, with Smalldog I have no idea.

ceamus1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2005, 09:19 PM

It finally shipped. Got the email from the sales rep at Powermax this afternoon. Although it will be a while before it gets to them in Portland and then to me in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Unfortunately, I'll be on spring break, so no one will be around to get it

m

LarryInAz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2005, 11:43 PM

Got my tracking number from PowerMax on Tuesday 3/15 - I should have my Mac Mini Thursday. Originally ordered a 1.42 loaded with everything except Superdrive since I don't mind burning to an external DVD burner.

Decided to get the 1.25ghz with the same configuration Airport Express, Bluetooth and 512mb of RAM. As long as I'm "tethered" to an external DVD burner I figure I can connect an external >200gb hard drive. The 7200rpm drive should compensate for the slower cpu.

Just one man's opinion...

hyperb0le
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2005, 10:20 PM

My 1.42 GHz BTO mini shipped today. I ordered on February 27. It should arrive by Tues, March 22

anthonyvthc
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2005, 12:17 AM

Mine shipped today. Ordered it on March 7. Only took ten days; Apple must really be catching up.

edit:I know the post thing says March 18, but trust me, it's till the 17th where I am.

nickw311
Senior User
Mar 22, 2005, 12:39 PM

Bought mine yesterday evening. They are saying it will be shipped by Mar. 31. I hope it is much sooner.

I also bought a Dell 19" Ultra-Sharp LCD pannel for it and should have it in about a week or two also.

anthonyvthc
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2005, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by anthonyvthc:
Mine shipped today. Ordered it on March 7. Only took ten days; Apple must really be catching up.

edit:I know the post thing says March 18, but trust me, it's till the 17th where I am.
Arrived today!

blips
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2005, 10:38 AM

Well it got to be 3/11 and it didn't ship. Smalldog said the ship date was pushed back to 3/16. That is a few days to Smalldog and then three days to me. So I probably would not get it until 3/24 or 3/25. And there is no gaurantee that it would ship by 3/16. It could even be delayed from 3/16 also. I don't know if Smalldog is being honest with me or not. So I cancelled my order. I ordered through Apple on 3/11 and now I have a 3/25 estimated ship date. I figure the lastest I will get it is probably 3/30. Hopefully, Apple will ship it a week early like a lot of mini's have been shipping and I will have it on 3/25 anyway. I now have a piece of mind that it is coming, with Smalldog I have no idea.
It finally shipped on 3/23. I probably will not get it until 3/28. Now off to Newegg to order some more RAM.

blips
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2005, 12:34 PM

It finally shipped on 3/23. I probably will not get it until 3/28. Now off to Newegg to order some more RAM.
It's here! It's HERE! Shipped on 3/23 got it 3/25 (ordered 3/11)! Not only that I ordered RAM from Newegg and it was suppose to be here 3/28 but it came it with the mini today. SHHHWING!

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2005, 12:42 PM

I walked into an Apple store about a week ago. I left about 20 minutes later with a Mac mini in hand.

You online ordering people are funny! Or you don't live near an Apple store...

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

blips
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2005, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno:
I walked into an Apple store about a week ago. I left about 20 minutes later with a Mac mini in hand.

You online ordering people are funny! Or you don't live near an Apple store...
I'm on a tight budget. I did not want to pay for $79 for 512MB of RAM that I was replacing the minute I got it. Also, with Upromise I get 1% back from Apple online.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2005, 03:01 PM

Well, they gave me the option to upgrade the RAM in-store (free installation if you buy Apple RAM). Would have added $67 to the cost for 512 MB (with my edu discount), but instead I decided to buy a 1 GB module for $130 and install it myself. It didn't go perfectly but it wasn't that bad either. Well worth the speed increase. Most other BTO options are online-only.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

kitcho
Mar 26, 2005, 09:09 PM

luca, most people who order online do so because they dont have an apple store near them. for me, the nearest one is in minniapolis... i live in regina... and we cant get pre-customized ones here.

ryaxnb
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2005, 04:30 AM

My Machine came to our house in Felton, CA. Yesterday, the 26th, early-midday. It went from China using standard shipping and took ~3-4 days.
Trainiable is to cat as ability to live without food is to human.
Steveis... said: "What would scammers do with this info..." talking about a debit card number!

funkboy
Professional Poster
Mar 27, 2005, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by ryaxnb:
My Machine came to our house in Felton, CA. Yesterday, the 26th, early-midday. It went from China using standard shipping and took ~3-4 days.
When did you place your order? And is it a custom order?

I'm wondering if Apple's quote of 2-3 weeks for a custom-built Mac Mini is accurate... if it's that long, I'm tempted to wait until the next rev. Does anyone think waiting for the next rev is smart at this point?

(I'll have to buy Tiger for my iBook anyway, so purchasing Tiger is not an issue for me)

ryaxnb
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 28, 2005, 12:23 PM

Originally posted by funkboy:
When did you place your order? And is it a custom order?

I'm wondering if Apple's quote of 2-3 weeks for a custom-built Mac Mini is accurate... if it's that long, I'm tempted to wait until the next rev. Does anyone think waiting for the next rev is smart at this point?

(I'll have to buy Tiger for my iBook anyway, so purchasing Tiger is not an issue for me)
Yes it's BTO (1GB, 80GB, DVD-R). We placed order March 1st... and no, I wouldn't wait for the next rev... I'm very happy with our new Mac mini!
Trainiable is to cat as ability to live without food is to human.
Steveis... said: "What would scammers do with this info..." talking about a debit card number!

nickw311
Senior User
Mar 29, 2005, 09:04 AM

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno:
Well, they gave me the option to upgrade the RAM in-store (free installation if you buy Apple RAM). Would have added $67 to the cost for 512 MB (with my edu discount), but instead I decided to buy a 1 GB module for $130 and install it myself. It didn't go perfectly but it wasn't that bad either. Well worth the speed increase. Most other BTO options are online-only.
I called the Apple store in Columbus, OH and asked if I could get a BTO one with 512 of ram, they said they could do it but it would cost $150 for the 512 stick and they wouldnt give me credit for the 256 stick. Since there is only one place for memory I would then be stuck with an extra 256 stick...

From what I gather from your post, you bought yours at an apple store and had a 1GB stick put in for free for $130 after the edu discount? I wish I could have done that...

Anyway I ended up ordering mine from PowerMax and it is in the mail right now. I would rather support the independant Mac retailer... All the time I am hearing about local stores that Apple is putting out of business. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

EDIT: Got mine today from PowerMax... loving it so far.

Here is a picture of my setup.
http://www2.onu.edu/~n-walters.1/P6130080.JPG
( Last edited by nickw311; Mar 31, 2005 at 11:09 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules