Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Touch to iPod Shuffle?

iPod Touch to iPod Shuffle?
arcachon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2013, 08:44 PM

This issue must have been discussed ad nauseam on this forum. Still, if there's a thread, and there must be, I simply can't find it. So I ask your forgiveness in advance.

So here goes...

It's easy enough to work with an iPod/iPhone/iPad (or several) using iTunes on a computer.

But does anyone know of a way to transfer content (eg an mp3) from an iPod Touch 4 to an iPod Shuffle 4 without a computer?

I'm asking because when I'm away from home, I'd like to use iTunes on the Touch (with its 64G of memory) to transfer content to the Shuffle which has much less storage.

I read somewhere that you could do so by connecting both devices to a USB hub, but I checked with Apple Care today and was told "no way," you'd still need a computer.

If this approach won't work, is there any other that would? Bluetooth maybe?

Thanks.

ibook_steve
Aug 17, 2013, 02:55 AM

I was about to suggest Dropbox or some other cloud-based service, but then I realized that with the Shuffle, you're out of luck. There's no way to manage music on a Shuffle without a computer.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 17, 2013, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by arcachon View Post
But does anyone know of a way to transfer content (eg an mp3) from an iPod Touch 4 to an iPod Shuffle 4 without a computer?
As Steve has said: No, unfortunately.

Forum Links
Forum Rules