Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How to restore Calandar?

How to restore Calandar?
jeff k
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2014, 01:09 AM

The Calendar on my laptop has holidays.

The one on my desktop has no holidays, even though "show holidays in Calandar is checked"

I tried everything, unchecking, checking that, quit relaunch, nothing would work.

So the sidebar things that have been there for ages, Entourage (four of them), I deleted. I don't use Entourage for a long time and don't know why they are there. I deleted a couple of others, I've never understood these or why they are there.

Anyway, now, everything in both Calandars is now wiped off and gone. I've googled restore mac calandar and searched and NOTHING come up that is good or intuitive for backup (unlike Firefox which you just back up it all in two seconds)

Anyone know the procedure? thanks!

And the original problem is still not fixed. My desktop (which has nothing in the Calandar anymore still does not show holidays even though show holidays in Calandar is checked, but I've got bigger problem now that everything is now gone!

ibook_steve
Nov 24, 2014, 07:51 PM

You have to subscribe to calendars. The iCloud US holiday calendar is at webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics, but I use Google's. For that, you just have to point to your Google account.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2014, 08:50 PM

Thanks Steve, ok did that. and indeed it's there now checked on left pane. Alas, the it works on laptop, but not the desktop.

This is the 2nd weird thing that works on laptop, but not the desktop: from a few weeks ago:

http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...n/#post4298251

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2014, 11:29 AM

Does the webcal maker have a website? Maybe I can ask why it works on the laptop but not the desktop.

ibook_steve
Nov 30, 2014, 06:22 AM

webcal is not a website. It's a protocol for connecting to content on the Internet, like http is the web and ftp is for file transfer.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules