Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Thursday Next

Thursday Next
Andrew Stephens
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2008, 04:53 AM

Thought I'd share.

Been thoroughly enjoying the Thursday Next series of books by Jasper Fforde. Very funny and original too. I also enjoyed his Nursery Crimes series although not so much. The Thursday Next series being set in and around Swindon is amusing since I live in Cirencester which is 10 miles or so away and gets a few mentions as do other local landmarks, all with typical Ffordian twists.

For non fans Thursday is a LIteracry Detective dealing with book crime in the Swindon area. In addition she can slip into fiction where she is an agent of Jurisfiction, the police force within books. Along the way she deals with the local mega corporation bent on world domination - Goliath and a range of baddies from the HAdes family with many disturbing character traits.

Taking in cloned animals, cheese smuggling, the Welsh republic and the ongoing Crimean War with Russia (still going in this 1988 alternate timelime), they are great reads.

Comments by other Thursday Next fans?

Forum Links
Forum Rules