Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > CD's keep skipping in my Pismo drive and it's DRIVING me nuts. (no pun intended)

CD's keep skipping in my Pismo drive and it's DRIVING me nuts. (no pun intended)
dademurphy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2001, 02:42 AM

Puns aside, this is really making me batty. When trying to play audio CDs in my Pismo's CD/DVD drive, the CD's skip a LOT. It sounds kind of like the laser looses it's spot and has to re-scan to find where it left off last. I would think that it was the CD's fault, but these are CD's that are not unreasonably scratched and play fine in my car's CD player (which is quite possibly the most finicky CD player on the planet) They should definitely be playing fine in the same drive that reads my DVDs just fine. Has anyone else had this problem before? Any ideas on what might be happening before I invoke the Holy Applecare Coverage?

Dade

milhous
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2001, 09:45 AM

do you by chance hear a "grinding" sound when the drive is trying to read a disc? that was my problem in my pismo drive and got it replaced. i even went out and bought a disc cleaner to make sure it wasn't a dirty lens that was the culprit.

you know what it's time for.... APPLECARE!
F = ma

Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2001, 09:02 PM

you absolutely did intend a pun

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Moderator ]
"Well done is better than well said." -BF
Kitchenall

Forum Links
Forum Rules