Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I'm in a crap mood.

I'm in a crap mood.
downinflames68
Baninated
Nov 3, 2009, 05:14 PM

2009 Recap:

Wife kicks me out, divorces me, keeps dog, I'm homeless for a while living out of my S6 Wagon, my grandma dies during my thesis project, I then get laid off about 2 weeks after I graduate. In July, I get a job offer in Chicago, blow away the interview, get invited to a business party, at which point a bum breaks into my car, steals my laptop, cintiq, sketchbook, digital camera, digital video camera, my CD case containing my homemade DVDs, software backups, and wedding DVD (not that I need that anymore since marriage is bullshit), and my USB key, which contained my theiss project, as well as my drying rack which I am in process of selling to Arktura.com. A month ago, my garage doesn't shut all the way and someone steals my diamondback mountain bike, and today my mom calls because she is probably going to have to put one of the dogs I grew up with to sleep....

F*CK 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 3, 2009, 05:16 PM

I believe you're looking for "FML"

vcutag
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2009, 05:27 PM

Damn, dude.

No offense, but I suddenly feel better about my life.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 3, 2009, 05:34 PM

MLIA allcaps

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2009, 05:55 PM

Weren't there bets on the whole marriage thing when it happened? Who won?

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2009, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by downinflames68 View Post
2009 Recap:

Wife kicks me out, divorces me, keeps dog, I'm homeless for a while living out of my S6 Wagon, my grandma dies during my thesis project, I then get laid off about 2 weeks after I graduate. In July, I get a job offer in Chicago, blow away the interview, get invited to a business party, at which point a bum breaks into my car, steals my laptop, cintiq, sketchbook, digital camera, digital video camera, my CD case containing my homemade DVDs, software backups, and wedding DVD (not that I need that anymore since marriage is bullshit), and my USB key, which contained my theiss project, as well as my drying rack which I am in process of selling to Arktura.com. A month ago, my garage doesn't shut all the way and someone steals my diamondback mountain bike, and today my mom calls because she is probably going to have to put one of the dogs I grew up with to sleep....

F*CK 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's still two months to go.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 3, 2009, 06:14 PM

I think some MacNNites smell blood in the water.

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Nov 3, 2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Whoever betted on her suddenly realizing she wasn't who she was, and started worshipping the ****ing moon and taking homeopathic remedies for everything. Oh, and freaking out about everything. Whoever bet on that, takes the cake.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2009, 06:37 PM

Whoever betted on her suddenly realizing she wasn't who she was, and started worshipping the ****ing moon and taking homeopathic remedies for everything. Oh, and freaking out about everything. Whoever bet on that, takes the cake.
Well that doesn't sound THAT bad. She obviously had a big issue with you thought to toss you out suddenly.

Oh well, live and learn hopefully.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2009, 06:43 PM

Get a bunch of women together and it's either witchery or a wedding shower, that's what I say.

- Crow T. Robot

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Nov 3, 2009, 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=analogue SPRINKLES;3901119]Well that doesn't sound THAT bad. She obviously had a big issue with you thought to toss you out suddenly./QUOTE]

One would think. Her big issue was that I didn't believe in her beliefs. I used to think they were ridiculous, but the last 1.5 years of our marriage, I just said "hey if it works for you, I'm behind it" and just sorta went with the flow. I even tried Yoga, and going to one of these moon worshipping things.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Weren't there bets on Rob never being able to change? Who lost?

-t

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2009, 07:44 PM

It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.
Or in robs case toss it out his home.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2009, 08:08 PM

That would be me, but I don't want anything. Things should pick up.

Did you check Craig's List and eBay? You might be able to track down your stolen laptop and especially your towel rack considering how unique it is.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 3, 2009, 08:40 PM

and today my mom calls because she is probably going to have to put one of the dogs I grew up with to sleep....
2009 has generally been quite a good year for me, so I can only sympathise with most of your lemonness theoretically. This part, however, gets real sympathies. My parents called today to tell me that they had to put down the last of our dogs today. She was getting too old and weak, and had started acting strangely, doing things that indicated she might have had an aneurysm.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2009, 08:41 PM

Really sorry to hear about it Rob.

Everyone has a sh|tty year in their life.

Despite losing all that stuff, it sounds like you still have great career ahead of you. That’s something a lot people don’t have.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2009, 08:55 PM

Hey Rob,

I'm sorry about this rough year too, these sorts of problems seem to travel in clumps.

However, I will point out that one positive out of all of this is that you have been united with your MacNN brethren. So far you seem to be behaving yourself and getting along with people, which is cool. Best of all, you get to be around me, besson3c. You keep your nose clean here, pay attention to my posts, and soak me up.

I love you.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2009, 09:03 PM

I don't think Rob need some pseudo-ghey love from Besson.

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 3, 2009, 09:05 PM

Well, if he wants my love you're no competition turtle, because plain and simple: I am better than you.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2009, 09:15 PM

Sorry about the rough year. My year hasn't been that great either, but nowhere near as bad as yours. Here's to hoping that 2010 is much brighter.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2009, 10:10 PM

2009 is definitely up there in my top 3 suckiest years. No point in complaining about it though.

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Best of all, you get to be around me, besson3c. You keep your nose clean here, pay attention to my posts, and soak me up.

I love you.

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Nov 3, 2009, 10:38 PM

Hey Rob,

I'm sorry about this rough year too, these sorts of problems seem to travel in clumps.

However, I will point out that one positive out of all of this is that you have been united with your MacNN brethren. So far you seem to be behaving yourself and getting along with people, which is cool. Best of all, you get to be around me, besson3c. You keep your nose clean here, pay attention to my posts, and soak me up.

I love you.
Thanks, but I preferred my best friend/lover, my dog, my grandma, my bike, and my equipment to this place. The fact is I'm totally ****ing alone right now, and nothing is going right. I have a hot lebanese/native american girlfriend who is great... but.. I just don't have the spark. She's fantastic, but I just feel empty. I hate all of this.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 3, 2009, 11:24 PM

Sometimes stuff just feels like it's piling up higher and higher. This is only an impression; it's a response to repeated negative experiences without an appreciation for the positives, which are often subtle and not necessarily obvious when they happen. In other words, take a deep breath, put on your favorite "sink into it" music, and let it pass. Seriously, this sort of stuff could be the beginning of a clinically depressed episode-but it does not have to be. Relax, let it roll off your back for a while, and the "pile" will seem lighter in short order. Not to say you shouldn't stay aware of your situation, but focusing on the negatives is not helpful or healthy. Let it go and get some rest and tomorrow try to look for every positive you can, from fresh air to the way a good cup of coffee smells on a cool morning. It will do you a world of good.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 3, 2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Weren't there bets on Rob never being able to change? Who lost?

-t
It's still there. Beaten down a bit, but it's still there.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 01:03 AM

Thanks, but I preferred my best friend/lover, my dog, my grandma, my bike, and my equipment to this place.
And yet they all left you, but we're still here.

Accept the besson-love. Let it flow over you.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2009, 01:44 AM

I've been in opposite land. 2009 has been amazing for me. Lots of vacations, traveling, good health, low hours but high pay jobs. Hope it keeps up through 2010 though!

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 01:57 AM

2009 has been an unfortunate year for me on the most personal of levels, but after awhile it's that misfortune which clarifies things. It's one year, and there's a whole future in front of you, so it's better to look forward than to dwell on whatever's happened. Life's too short. Dwelling on the present is the equivalent of short-changing yourself. Pull the bootstraps up and trudge forward. There are better days ahead.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:49 AM

*puts on a fake mustache and glasses*

I think you should accept the besson love.

freudling
Banned
Nov 4, 2009, 03:06 AM

Clean slate. This means there are new things for you to look forward to. Put it behind you. My friend has $5000 worth of clothing from me, and now won't return my phone calls. Oh well, I needed to revamp my wardrobe anyway.

Keep moving forward...

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Nov 4, 2009, 03:20 AM

I don't know how to put 8 years of memories behind me. It's just so much info. Inside jokes, likes/dislikes, places I've been with her, **** she's said there, things that happened. I'm not sure how to unplug from all this. I really wish there was a memory eraser.

Biggest problem is my music collection. Now it all reminds me of her, because I shared it with her. It's not even mine... it's ours. I deleted some of her stuff, but some stuff... like certain albums... they have these memories attached...

same goes for movies, clothing, everything.

And I STILL MISS THE ****ING DOG.

Andy8
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2009, 03:47 AM

Why did she divorce you?

Did you get a settlement from her? (assuming you are not the wrong)

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 04:40 AM

You didn't handle that well at all. I live with two women who are fairly similar, both are pagan types, and it takes tremendous patience dealing with them at times.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Paco500
Professional Poster
Nov 4, 2009, 06:23 AM

You should get another dog. Everything is better with a dog.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 06:36 AM

Bitterness is going to do nothing but make you mean, angry, ugly, hateful, and worst of all...eternally single.

You've had some really shitty things happen to you. I've had some really, really shitty things happen to me in the last four years, the last of which sent me into a crippling depression that consumed my entire life for three months before I finally got help.

Don't let it get to that. It's not worth it.

You have to move on. Being bitter about what's happened to you isn't going to change the past. All it's going to do is make you miserable.

And get a dog (or cat, if you'd prefer). Pets can do wonders.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Andy8 View Post
Why did she divorce you?

Did you get a settlement from her? (assuming you are not the wrong)
There's a thread.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
You should get another dog. Everything is better with a dog.
On a string. Dog on a string is a winner.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
On a string. Dog on a string is a wiener.
Heh.

Ham Sandwich
Nov 4, 2009, 01:01 PM

n/a
( Last edited by Ham Sandwich; Sep 24, 2021 at 01:19 PM. Reason: stalker)

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Nov 4, 2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Bitterness is going to do nothing but make you mean, angry, ugly, hateful, and worst of all...eternally single.
I already have a girlfriend. There are a lot of girls out there, that's not what I'm worried about. I just don't know how to disassociate memories with my music, etc

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 01:47 PM

I already have a girlfriend. There are a lot of girls out there, that's not what I'm worried about. I just don't know how to disassociate memories with my music, etc
Play your music (etc.) while you're *cough* playing *cough* with your new girl. That'll displace the old memories.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 02:24 PM

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Play your music (etc.) while you're *cough* playing *cough* with your new girl. That'll displace the old memories.
You mean, like board games and stuff?

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2009, 02:40 PM

Games like Twister.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:45 PM

Oh yes, that's a fun game. I used to play that game with my Mom and brothers growing up.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 02:52 PM

Fisticuffs are also quite good.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2009, 02:59 PM

So is sex.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 03:01 PM

So is sex.
With your Mom & brothers? Now now besson...
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
Now I miss Mae:

downinflames68  (op)
Baninated
Nov 4, 2009, 03:23 PM

I like pugs a lot but they have such bad eye/nasal problems.

Forum Links
Forum Rules