Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Refurbished?

Refurbished?
sieb
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2006, 11:44 AM

With all these notebooks being sent back to Apple, alot of them are going to come back out refurbished. There is already a good deal on a 15" 2.0Ghz / 1gig for 1999. One would think that these are going to be coming back out fixed (no whine, etc..), or so one would hope. No MacBooks yet. I was going to get a MB for its price and better wifi, but if 200 bucks gets me a 15" 1.8Ghz refurb MBP.....

Has anyone dropped on a refurb? Or does anyone have experience with past refurbs?
Sieb
Blackbook
(2Ghz, 2GB, 100Gig, week 21)

velocipede
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2006, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by sieb
With all these notebooks being sent back to Apple, alot of them are going to come back out refurbished. There is already a good deal on a 15" 2.0Ghz / 1gig for 1999. One would think that these are going to be coming back out fixed (no whine, etc..), or so one would hope. No MacBooks yet. I was going to get a MB for its price and better wifi, but if 200 bucks gets me a 15" 1.8Ghz refurb MBP.....

Has anyone dropped on a refurb? Or does anyone have experience with past refurbs?
I've bought a refurbed laptops from Apple over the last few years, including a MBP, and with the exception of a flakey G3 iBooka couple of years ago, haven't had any issues. Except for the box it came in, you'd never know it was refurbed, and mine even came with a gig RAM stick instead of 512 !
I wanna see movies of my dreams.

Forum Links
Forum Rules