Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Confused about which version of Adobe Acrobat 6.0 to buy...

Confused about which version of Adobe Acrobat 6.0 to buy...
MPMoriarty
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2004, 02:30 AM

Ok, I used to use the full version of Adobe Acrobat 5.0 on my PC about a year ago. Well, since I switched to Mac OS X, I want to buy a native version of Acrobat for my Mac.

Here's the problem...

Now that they have split their Acrobat product into two, I don't know which one I need. I have checked all over Adobe website and it doesn't help that much. Even their product comparison isn't that clear.

So I am looking for members out there who have used this new version and might be able to tell me which one I should buy -- standard or professional.

Here's what I need...

- I would like to be able to insert bookmarks, create hyperlinks (both internal and external) directly in Acrobat.

- I would like to be able to control the compression and quality of my PDF files when they are being created.

- I would like the ability to insert or edit text directly in Acrobat.

- The ability to easily insert multimedia such as MPEG or MP3 files would be great, but not necessary.

Mike

MPMoriarty  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2004, 06:34 PM

Doesn't anyone own any of the new versions of Acrobat 6.0 and know if the features I am looking for can be found in the standard edition?

Mike

JohnM15141
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2004, 09:50 PM

Adobe has a Tryout program for Acrobat 6.0 Professional it's good for 30 days. You might do that to answer some of your questions. I'm going to try it out as well.

Originally posted by MPMoriarty:
Doesn't anyone own any of the new versions of Acrobat 6.0 and know if the features I am looking for can be found in the standard edition?

Mike
----------------------------------------------------------
"He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life"
Homer J. Simpson, the 90's
----------------------------------------------------------

MPMoriarty  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 29, 2004, 08:00 PM

Oh thank you. I didn't realize they had a tryout period. I'll give it a try.

Mike

andybrawer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2004, 01:53 AM

this matrix should help you out - its showing you the difference in features from standard to professional.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html

-a

Forum Links
Forum Rules