Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > To: Mods/Admin, section for ipods

To: Mods/Admin, section for ipods
Pretz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2009, 08:28 AM

i know there is a section for iphone, ipods, and apple tv but maybe you guys could add a section for each ipod. maybe adding a section like hardware or software but it only says ipods and within that it says iphone/itouch, nano, classic, etc. i was on ilounge.com and they are all about ipods. i sort of like having sections for each type of ipod. i asked them to add a computer section but they only want to focus on ipods so i came here.
"A rich man's joke is always funny."

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 21, 2009, 08:44 AM

I vote no.

Pretz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by AKcrab View Post
I vote no.
Why do you not want that? Its adding a section for each ipod is going to affect the way people post on macnn. Whats so bad about it?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 21, 2009, 09:38 AM

1) to cluttered looking.
2) omg look, a person posted about 1G iPod mini in the Nano section!! move the thread mods! move it now!
3) this adds to number 1. If there is a sub-forum for each iPod type, then most of the older ones will just be ghost towns. 1G, 2G iPods (etc) are hardly used anymore, *posts in forum* : 1. Titled: OMG my 2G iPod with the 4 round buttons under the screen is buzzing! HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason why the iPod forum is the way it is, is because it looks clean, and it's un-confusing where a topic (a.k.a thread) should be.

Pretz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
1) to cluttered looking.
2) omg look, a person posted about 1G iPod mini in the Nano section!! move the thread mods! move it now!
3) this adds to number 1. If there is a sub-forum for each iPod type, then most of the older ones will just be ghost towns. 1G, 2G iPods (etc) are hardly used anymore, *posts in forum* : 1. Titled: OMG my 2G iPod with the 4 round buttons under the screen is buzzing! HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason why the iPod forum is the way it is, is because it looks clean, and it's un-confusing where a topic (a.k.a thread) should be.
I understand what you are saying and now i agree with you but couldn't there be a section for iphone/touch and a section for the rest of ipods? the touch and iphone are very different from the rest of the ipods.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 21, 2009, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Pretz View Post
i was on ilounge.com and they are all about ipods.
And the MacNN is not, and thus has no need to split up what little traffic the iPod forum gets into separate forums.

That's your difference, right there.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 21, 2009, 12:03 PM

i know there is a section for iphone, ipods, and apple tv but maybe you guys could add a section for each ipod. maybe adding a section like hardware or software but it only says ipods and within that it says iphone/itouch, nano, classic, etc. i was on ilounge.com and they are all about ipods. i sort of like having sections for each type of ipod. i asked them to add a computer section but they only want to focus on ipods so i came here.
Why the heck did you come over here, if what you are looking for exists on ilounge.com ?

-t

reader50
Administrator
Feb 21, 2009, 02:55 PM

New sections are usually made per lots of user requests and/or excessive traffic in an existing forum.

garretwd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2009, 11:39 PM

Why do you not want that? Its adding a section for each ipod is going to affect the way people post on macnn. Whats so bad about it?
Each Macbook does not have it's own thread.... just a "Notebook" general topic. Leave the Admin Gods alone, or come before them with a suitable sacrifice, mortal!

OreoCookie
Mar 3, 2009, 06:31 AM

We've had tons of threads asking `Should I get a MacBook or a MacBook Pro' and `Really, I'm not asking the standard questions, but does a MacBook suffice?' What forum do you put this in? In the end, we've decided to merge the notebook forums, also because Apple has officially said that the MacBook replaces the 12" PowerBook.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Railroader
Banned
Mar 3, 2009, 08:17 AM

Perhaps we should have an individual forum for each Apple model. /faceaplm

Forum Links
Forum Rules