Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone have a RAZR V3i?

Anyone have a RAZR V3i? (Page 2)
mactopsuit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2006, 11:06 AM

It's the form factor that makes a razor so desirable! Heard the camera is still crap on the new one.
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Celestine Collins, Realising Doodles | MacTopsuit | http://www.celestinecollins.com/[/FONT]

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Mar 12, 2006, 09:47 PM

No problems with mine. Unlocked, using on T-Mobile US.

Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2006, 04:41 PM

The camera is pretty crappy. It is a phone after all, not a camera. And you are correct on the form factor making it so popular. Compared to a lot of phones out there, it is an artistic masterpiece.
In a barrier free world, who needs Windows™ and Gates?

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Mar 16, 2006, 10:17 PM

Got it today. Put a little Flickr photoset up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mindfad...7594083777795/

So far, it's sweet.

version
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2006, 05:52 AM

Nice one, MindFad. Didn't know it came with iTunes, how does that work? Have you had a chance to test what kind of battery life you're getting out of it.

Looks geat, btw.

macmad
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2006, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by MindFad
Got it today. Put a little Flickr photoset up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mindfad...7594083777795/

So far, it's sweet.
Nice one.
Good pics too - especially "Inna's Birthday Party"

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Mar 17, 2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by version
Nice one, MindFad. Didn't know it came with iTunes, how does that work? Have you had a chance to test what kind of battery life you're getting out of it.

Looks geat, btw.
I don't own an iPod, but apparently it works just the same. I plugged it in using the included USB cable, and iTunes popped up with some options—and I was off, putting tunes on there, albeit through slow USB 1. You can put up to 50 songs on it. The little iTunes button on the phone essentially turns the phone into an iPod (same menus and all). It's really cool. I can't see myself using it too often, but it's neat to have there if I ever wanted to hear some tunes (I stuck a few albums on there).

Haven't tested the battery life, no. But I charged it last night. Still full strength as of this morning, so I guess that's a good sign.

One thing, though: I've already gotten a few text messages already that are just blank and are listed from a "@*"—where the star actually looks like a little beer bottle character; I've no idea what it is. I don't know if it's T-Mobile trying to send me messages that are corrupting on the new phone, or what. And it shows that I now have two lines, but that I am using line 1 currently (showing the other line's number gives me nothing). I thought T-Mobile was tied to the SIM. I'm not privy to cellphone network protocol, but is there any setting I need to activate on T-Mobile's site, or someone I need to tell at T-Mobile, "Yo, I got e anew phone, son" to fix this text message and phone line silliness?

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Mar 17, 2006, 02:26 PM

Well, this is exactly the problem right here: http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic33414.html

I get a "_@" when a voicemail comes in, and then another "_&" or something when I delete a voicemail. I need some kind of frickin' seem editor? W-w-what? Is there no easier way than screwing with the phone software? I'd call T-Mobile, but I can only imagine they will have absolutely no friggin' idea. I suppose I can live with it, but it is a bit irritating.
( Last edited by MindFad; Mar 17, 2006 at 02:35 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules