Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Paper-cased CDs

Paper-cased CDs
Crazed Geek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2007, 02:09 PM

I have two CDs (AC/DC Live by AC/DC & Our Live Album is Better Than Your Live Album by Reel Big Fish) that are both in a cardboard/paper type case (example below).

Is there anyway to get Delicious Library to make the CDs look like that instead of this:

Thanks in advance.

VideoBeagle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2007, 04:37 PM

If there's an Audio format you don't use...Cassette ? Album? You cold replace it's template graphic with an altered CD template so it doesn't give the spine and tabs effect.
Might be more effort than it's worth, though.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 14, 2007, 12:21 PM

If you call them cassettes they will be squished and if you call them records they will be huge. Ultimately, there's not much you can do in the current version, but the next version has a lot more formats, so you should be able to figure something out then.

VideoBeagle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 16, 2007, 05:02 PM

If you replace the graphic template/tif for "Cassette" or "album", (see the Blu-Ray/HD DVD hack thread), it shouldn't do a squash or stretch, no?

I was thinking of making an iPod template to make listing for movies I've converted to iPod format, setting it in the "laserdisc" aspect field. (an iPod listing would be good for DL2, btw ;D)

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 17, 2007, 02:14 PM

Honestly I have no idea. The formatting system is strange and even though I've used it for adding formats and such, I don't really understand it. There's a bunch of numbers, I have no idea what they mean. I guess the only thing to do is try it.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2007, 03:01 PM

Just to let you know, I've implemented paper CD cases in Delicious Library 2, just for you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules