Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Audiobook Listeners are poor little souls

Audiobook Listeners are poor little souls
heimi99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2007, 05:52 AM

Hi,
found an article about DL2 in some news about Leopard and was instantly attracted by the features of the program. So I was forced to buy a copy of DL1 because I couldn't wait to can my huge Audiobook collection. That was done within a few hours and I am very happy with DL so far, but...

As always with us Audiobook Users, there a a few flaws I wouldl like to see changed for us. Maybe we find some more Audiobook Users here to second my opions.

A problem with Audiobooks is, that the producers are somewhat undecided wheter a Audiobook is a book or a Audio CD. That leads to the fact that some of my Audiobooks appear under Books and some under Music what makes it difficult to determine how many Audiobooks I have.

I looked for a way to tell DL that the item in Music is in fact a Audiobook, but DL is a bit strongheaded in that. Situations becomes even worse when you have some additional paper books and music too...

So my greatest wish would be to have the possibility to decide on my own in which cathegory an item belongs.

When I hear my Audiobooks, I do not carry a CD Player and a bunch of CDs with me. Instead of that, i use an iPod to listen to my Audiobooks. For that purpose I encode my CDs into AAC Format. Some Audiobooks (especially large ones, like Until I find you by John Irving) come with additional MP3 CDs shipped in the box. Thats great because you can listen to them instantly on a mp3 device.
But not all devices play all formats. So some dedicates Fields for Format/Bitrate/Absolute size in MB would be great.

So a even better solution would be a new main shelf "Audiobooks" that holds Audiobooks in all available formats (MC/CD/compressed audio).

Thanx for readin this huge post up to here ;-)
Heimi

BTW: consider my beta tester offer I send you by mail a few days ago. I am sure I can add a ew thoughts to the DL2 developement.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 10, 2007, 08:11 PM

In Delicious Library 2, you can change the media type (and therefore the collection) items appear in.

There is also a special shelf just for your iTunes audiobooks.

P.S. I'm a big audiobook listener as well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules