Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Kerry: Landslide!

Kerry: Landslide!
MindFad
Posting Junkie
Sep 29, 2004, 06:03 PM

I'm just prepping this thread for November 2. Seeing how some of these polls are in question, there are so many new registered voters (2/3 of which are registering Democrat), and that so many people are united against the colossal failure that is George's last four years, I say:

KERRY: LANDSLIDE!

I will gladly eat crow should my prediction fail*. But I want this thread in place so I can rub it in when we get our new President. Of course, all are welcome to rub it in if somehow the current buffoon in office is somehow elected�or reappointed.

*A win still constitutes a landslide, so I won't be eating crow if it's a slim win.

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2004, 06:07 PM

Didn't Pachead do something like this and even put money on it?

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
I'm just prepping this thread for November 2. Seeing how some of these polls are in question, there are so many new registered voters (2/3 of which are registering Democrat), and that so many people are united against the colossal failure that is George's last four years, I say:

I will gladly eat crow should my prediction fail*. But I want this thread in place so I can rub it in when we get our new President. Of course, all are welcome to rub it in if somehow the current buffoon in office is somehow elected�or reappointed.

*A win still constitutes a landslide, so I won't be eating crow if it's a slim win.
No, a win is only a landslide if your guy is a Republican who lost the popular vote and had the electoral vote awarded him by the supreme court. Duh. Actually, that's a mandate as well.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

zachs
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 06:14 PM

Don't believe the polls. (Whether they are favorable to Bush or Kerry.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/26/po...pwIomLyAo7zyJA

The analysis by The New York Times of county-by-county data shows that in Democratic areas of Ohio - primarily low-income and minority neighborhoods - new registrations since January have risen 250 percent over the same period in 2000. In comparison, new registrations have increased just 25 percent in Republican areas. A similar pattern is apparent in Florida: in the strongest Democratic areas, the pace of new registration is 60 percent higher than in 2000, while it has risen just 12 percent in the heaviest Republican areas.

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 06:21 PM

Honestly, if all these newly registered people actually show up to the polls in November, then keep showing up - I won't care who wins. That many more enfranchised citizens will be good enough.
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2004, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by placebo1969:
Didn't Pachead do something like this and even put money on it?
Yup, I'm betting against him.

Check it.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 06:55 PM

i'm with you fad. Vote Kerry.

LoganCharles
Banned
Sep 29, 2004, 07:16 PM

So are you a fan of the top down action in Master Blaster or side scrolling? I remember the top down action pretty well especially when doing battle with the head bosses. Wasn't there one that had really long tentacles and a big eye? Kinda like a cyclopes.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2004, 07:18 PM

I'd say a 40 point difference is a landslide.
Nice try Fad.

Looks like Jackson's trying to get the jailhouse vote�again.

�reappointed. You never cease to amaze me Fad.
( Last edited by CreepingDeth; Sep 29, 2004 at 07:23 PM. )

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
I'd say a 40 point difference is a landslide.
Nice try Fad.
These people can't even get the events of the last election correct, how can you expect them to know what a landslide is?
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2004, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by smacintush:
These people can't even get the events of the last election correct, how can you expect them to know what a landslide is?
Anywho, I found this layn around, regarding Jackson.

Hey, lefties, are you guys also counting on the people voting twice and the illegal immigrants? Is there a problem with that?
( Last edited by CreepingDeth; Sep 29, 2004 at 07:44 PM. )

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Sep 29, 2004, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by LoganCharles:
So are you a fan of the top down action in Master Blaster or side scrolling? I remember the top down action pretty well especially when doing battle with the head bosses. Wasn't there one that had really long tentacles and a big eye? Kinda like a cyclopes.
I didn't particularly like the Game Boy version of Blaster Master that was top-down only. I only played a little bit of it and got bored with it.

I liked a mix of the two better (in the NES version). It was fun. A few of the bosses had tentacles and a mouth on the top of their head. You could use the ol' bomb/pause trick to defeat them really easy.

Blaster Master 2 for the Genesis was an abomination.

Originally posted by smacintush:
We were talking the first election? I wasn't. But enlighten us to whatever you think we're getting wrong. Please!

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2004, 07:58 PM

Keep saying that to yourself and it will come true! Only if you're pure!

Let's see:
Gore won by 366 votes in NM, and no challenge. And there was some very close ones in Wisconsin and Oregon.

The media called the Gore victory and cost Bush lots of votes. What about that? If it was already decided, what's the point to going to the school and waiting in line to get in the booth? There is none. AEI's John R. Lott said that it did discourage GOP voters.
3 studies concluded that, and is said to have cost Bush 10,000 votes, most of whom are in the FL panhandle, as Fad would know.
Gore said he conceded, then repealed the statement. WTF?
He tried to disallow military absentee ballots.
Why didn't he ask for a complete statewide recount? All 67 counties, not just 3.

7 of 9 SC justices said that the statewide manual recount violated Floridians constitutional rights by not defining what could constitute a valid "cote" during the recount. Scouter and Beyers, liberals, said that as well as the more moderate side.
The SC had the legal authority to intervene in Florida. The election is a federal issue. The Constitution provides the state legislature�not the state supreme court�is responsible for creating the process whereby the state's electors are to be selected.
The FLA SC overstepped its boundaries.

You guys never stop. Didn't you see that SP episode with the recount in kindergarden?

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2004, 09:07 PM

Further more, the trend is going to Bush.

Here is a graph of the EV totals every 1/3 of the month, or generally 10, 20, 30 or 31 count. Here we see Bush take a dip and John Kerry make a good climb in July. Good for him. But as the election gets closer, Bush gained n the polls, probably from attacks on Kerry.

Here are the results every 15 days. As you can see, it becomes more obvious that the trend is in Bush's favor. The dips look like an m, and Kerry seems to have flattened out.

Here is what it looks like with alot less detail. Bush takes over KErry around September, finally making a good catch-up effort. However, disregard the last point. It is Sept 29 data. It is where they are now, but not necessarily on the same interval, so just ignore that one for it doesn't represent the trend.

Here is the current projection. It is basically October, so the info is more reliable now than say 4 months ago. While I'm not completely sure about it, it looks like it follows the current trend.

Who knows how it will turn out, but a Bush victory seems more likely that a Kerry victory. Let's see how the debates go tomorrow.

No replies�I'm smelling something.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 09:12 PM

We were talking the first election? I wasn't.
See chris v above.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2004, 09:21 PM

No replies�I'm smelling something.
Dinner?

'Fad's point is that you're going to be surprised by the number of new voters at the polls, and by who they vote for. The current round of telephone surveys aren't reaching those people.

Oh, and Creeping Death-- nice rationalization: "Bush won in a landslide because, well, it would have been a landslide if not for the biased librel media, so it was really a landslide."

Awesome contortion.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2004, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
Oh, and Creeping Death-- nice rationalization: "Bush won in a landslide because, well, it would have been a landslide if not for the biased librel media, so it was really a landslide."

Awesome contortion.
Wasn't my point genious. They called it too early. Effect is obvious.
FOX reported it too early, too, and anyway, that wasn't my point. He didn't win in a landslide or get "selected." He won by the skin of his teeth.

Awesome reading skills.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 29, 2004, 10:11 PM

graphs
Looking at those graphs, I see Bush's line pointed down in late September, while Kerry's is level, or even pointed up slightly.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2004, 10:16 PM

Ha

This Thread is a joke. Mr. Toilet (John) ain't going to even win, let alone landslide.

He's another Mondale.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2004, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
Looking at those graphs, I see Bush's line pointed down in late September, while Kerry's is level, or even pointed up slightly.
Did I say landslide?
Kerry isn't gaining anything, and he's not going to recover from August, no matter what you think in your foreign country. It looks like the RNC thing wore off a little, and he's about where he was in mid August. and early Sept. Maybe it was the 9/11 anniversary. I don't know. It wasn't permanent. But the projection for Bush looks big, but like I said, I'm not exactly sure of its accuracy.

It's not looking good for Kerry with only 1 month to go.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 29, 2004, 11:16 PM

Did I say landslide?
Kerry isn't gaining anything, and he's not going to recover from August, no matter what you think in your foreign country. It looks like the RNC thing wore off a little, and he's about where he was in mid August. and early Sept. Maybe it was the 9/11 anniversary. I don't know. It wasn't permanent. But the projection for Bush looks big, but like I said, I'm not exactly sure of its accuracy.

It's not looking good for Kerry with only 1 month to go.
Look at how quickly and drastically the numbers in your graphs change. Bush went from way below Kerry to way above in less than a month. Predictions any earlier than about 5 hours after the polls close are going to be little more than guess work.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 29, 2004, 11:20 PM

Wasn't my point genious.
Nothing really needs to said, does it?

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 30, 2004, 12:20 AM

Kerry's only vote is the anti-Bush vote which has reached it's pinnacle at 35% of the popular vote. You folks are crackin' me up and I'm not so sure you have enough crow to go around. You'd do well, the less of you propose eating it.

Bush, very easily.
ebuddy

LoganCharles
Banned
Sep 30, 2004, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by ebuddy:
Bush, very easily.
Not easily but what choice is there.

Kerry is pathetic. A man who has no solid beliefs at least any that he his willing to stand behind for more than one polling. Bush is far from perfect but at least has a spine.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2004, 02:05 AM

Don't you ever get tired of repeating the exact same words and concepts over and over and over and over again?

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 30, 2004, 08:39 AM

who?
ebuddy

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2004, 09:04 AM

I'm betting a slim win with unprovable allegations of voter fraud, no matter who comes out on top.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2004, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by itai195:
Don't you ever get tired of repeating the exact same words and concepts over and over and over and over again?
He believes those same concepts to be of paramount importance.

I have to admit, there's something to them. The President is supposed to be a leader, not a follower. Electing someone is a measure of trust that they will do a good job, not that they will do whatever you say.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2004, 09:40 AM

It's kind of interesting that Teresa is now no where to be found on the campaign trail. They put her back in the box because whenever she opened her mouth she said something they didn't like and it wasn't helping Kerry.

I'm sorry but Voting for president you are not only for the Man who will be president but also the woman who will be first lady of this country as well. That for me is also a criteria for voting for president. I can only imagine what would happen when Teresa was on a trip with John and they met some foreign leader and on the way back the statement that she might make about them or there country. I know for one thing that Laura Bush would not do that. She is a throwback to what the image of the first lady should be. One of class and dignity.

There are many things I don't like about Bush but in this election I think he is the better Candidate IMO. Someone like Kerry who wants to give so much power to the UN who can't even take care of the Many issues they are involved with. Why should we turn over the Defense of our Nation to Others?
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by typoon:
I'm sorry but Voting for president you are not only for the Man who will be president but also the woman who will be first lady of this country as well. That for me is also a criteria for voting for president. I can only imagine what would happen when Teresa was on a trip with John and they met some foreign leader and on the way back the statement that she might make about them or there country. I know for one thing that Laura Bush would not do that. She is a throwback to what the image of the first lady should be. One of class and dignity.
<derail>

</derail>
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

dcolton
Banned
Sep 30, 2004, 11:20 AM

Holy Cow. TOO FUNNY. Tootsie is the spitting image. ROFLMAO

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2004, 11:47 AM

If Kerry does win I doubt it will be in a landslide like you predict. I doubt the landslide victory will be the likes of Reagan vs. Mondale.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2004, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by Buckaroo:
Ha

This Thread is a joke. Mr. Toilet (John) ain't going to even win, let alone landslide.

He's another Mondale.
mr. toilet huh, you're all class

Ratm
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2004, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by dcolton:
Holy Cow. TOO FUNNY. Tootsie is the spitting image. ROFLMFATaO
Fixed!

Jansar
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2004, 12:51 AM

Kerry by a landslide? Sure...IN FRANCE*.

*European polls were displayed on The O'Reilly Factor
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 1, 2004, 12:55 AM

HAY GUYZ, THERES FRENCH PEOPLE IN FRANCE LOL

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2004, 01:06 AM

He's another Mondale.
Yeah, a Mondale with a fake orange-glo tan.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2004, 01:56 AM

Originally posted by LoganCharles:
Bush is far from perfect but at least has a spine.
All he needs to do is invade Poland and we're all set.

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2004, 08:15 PM

*bump*

Just warmin' it up, guys.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 08:29 PM

Since it back up (thanks MindFad) I'll put $20 on Kerry. Any of you Bush supporters up for it?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2004, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by RAILhead:
<derail>

</derail>
I prefer this one.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 08:56 PM

OK.

Notice these are all REAL pictures....

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 09:12 PM

just to remind everyone, PacHead and E's Lil Theorem have a friendly 50$ wager on the outcome as noted in this thread here.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
just to remind everyone, PacHead and E's Lil Theorem have a friendly 50$ wager on the outcome as noted in this thread here.
Exactly. I'm seeing if there are any others who want to put their money where their mouth is. $20 says Kerry wins.

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 09:20 PM

Originally posted by Mrjinglesusa:
Exactly. I'm seeing if there are any others who want to put their money where their mouth is. $20 says Kerry wins.
you might want to take that up with Spliffdaddy, i think he was interesting in making a bet with someone too.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2004, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
you might want to take that up with Spliffdaddy, i think he was interesting in making a bet with someone too.
I've posted the offer in 3 forums. He's welcome to take me up on it.

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2004, 09:28 PM

Oh, LoganCharles got banned? I didn't even know.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point and laugh on the internet.

thx

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2004, 04:56 PM

jojo gunne
Oct 28, 2004, 05:03 PM

with the lunar eclipse and boston winning the world series...kerry landslide!

strange things are happening!
( Last edited by jojo gunne; Oct 28, 2004 at 05:08 PM. )

LOL!!1!11!

macintologist
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2004, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by Earth Mk. II:
Honestly, if all these newly registered people actually show up to the polls in November, then keep showing up - I won't care who wins. That many more enfranchised citizens will be good enough.
Stupid people shouldn't be voting.

And the majority of people are stupid.

Forum Links
Forum Rules