Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Printing to a Canon i860 remotely (Tiger).

Printing to a Canon i860 remotely (Tiger).
MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 1, 2005, 04:22 PM

While this could be in peripherals, I think it's more of a software setup question involving Tiger. As the thread title implies, I would like to be able to print to my i860 at home when I am away from the computer (over the Internet rather than Bonjour, which works fine). I can get the ip to show up fine and, it says it's OK, but then I have no idea what to select as for the Canon model type, or any of that. The i860 doesn't even show in the type list. I've yet to get it work, so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

OreoCookie
Oct 1, 2005, 06:48 PM

Does printing work when you directly connect the printer via USB? Have you installed the latest driver?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MindFad  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 1, 2005, 07:33 PM

Yeah, drivers and everything are fine. I can print normally from the Power Mac it's connected to. I'm trying to print remotely from my iBook. I can print to it with Bonjour fine, as well. I'm just not sure exactly what settings I need to have on the iBook to print to the Power Mac via an IP address.

Forum Links
Forum Rules