Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mac Office2001 and MS Outlook for Windows

Mac Office2001 and MS Outlook for Windows
blizaine
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 27, 2000, 02:31 PM

Does anyone know if the email/calendar functions of Office2001 for Mac will be compatible with Outlook for Windows? I'd like to be able to email myself appointments from work to my Mac at home.

thanks - blizaine

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2000, 05:20 PM

All reports say yes. I too am waiting for this - it's the one thing that is keeping the Mac "back" here. If this works, we'll be in good shape!

Scott

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Jul 27, 2000, 06:17 PM

What do you mean "all reports say yes"? Entourage is strictly for personal use. Outlook for Mac is for multiple users.

I doubt Entourage will work with Outlook for Windows. That's what Outlook for Mac is for (and then only with Exchange servers).

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2000, 08:49 PM

In Office 2001, the new "Entourage" component essentially supercedes Outlook, a Microsoft representative said. "It's a newer and more robust program that does everything Outlook Express did anyway," they said. The forthcoming Outlook Exchange client for Mac will finally allow Mac-based companies to offer web-based email and shared calendaring/PIM information, and will have a substantially similar feature set as the PC version "along with Macintosh functionality and the look and feel," the company said.

See full story: http://www.macnn.com/feature.php?id=86

Scott

PaulM
Jul 29, 2000, 07:54 PM

Outlook sighting. Yes, at MacWorld New York, Microsoft had a rep just demonstrating Outlook (Exchange Server Client) and I saw the calendaring working. He said the version I was looking at was beta and the final would be out in a couple of months.

Forum Links
Forum Rules