Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The best

View Poll Results: The best
Poll Options:
God 2 votes (11.76%)
Regular Jesus 1 votes (5.88%)
Baby Jesus 2 votes (11.76%)
Jewish God 1 votes (5.88%)
Buddha 5 votes (29.41%)
Muhammad 1 votes (5.88%)
Scientology thing 1 votes (5.88%)
Flying Spaghetti Monster 7 votes (41.18%)
Cthulhu (or another Ancient One) 0 votes (0%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
The best
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2011, 06:21 PM

Rank 'em boys and girls!

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2011, 07:38 PM

Demiurge.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2011, 08:03 PM

I picked Jewish God, the more I read up on Judaism the more I find myself respecting it over Christianity and Islam.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2011, 08:07 PM

Golden Calf.

Waaaaay less demanding.

Cold Warrior
Aug 7, 2011, 08:21 PM

And accepted anywhere in this economy.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2011, 08:23 PM

Love how the Holy Trinity has been expanded: God the Father, God the Spirit, God the Son, God the Baby Son
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2011, 08:47 PM

Poo. Poo poo poo. Poo poo poo poo poo.
Poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo.

I've got Bess on ignore but that's about the gist of it no?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Love how the Holy Trinity has been expanded: God the Father, God the Spirit, God the Son, God the Baby Son

Yeah, and the beauty is that since Jesus is omnipotent and stuff he can be baby Jesus and regular Jesus at the same time! It's just a matter of form factor preference for us humans.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Poo. Poo paint poo. Poo paint poo paint poo.
Poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo paint poo poo.

I've got Bess on ignore but that's about the gist of it no?

I'm not really into poo paint, but I wouldn't understand your fascination with that kind of paint since I have you on ignore.

Why would anybody paint their walls accordingly anyway? You Brits are really messed up.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 7, 2011, 11:05 PM

Thank The Maker that it is a public poll.

Oh yeah...

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2011, 11:39 PM

I guess I forgot a checkbox for Railroader's obviously non-Christian religion, whatever it is...

Railroader
Banned
Aug 7, 2011, 11:49 PM

C'mon bess, tell us what the reason for this thread was? I beg you to be completely honest.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
C'mon bess, tell us what the reason for this thread was? I beg you to be completely honest.
LIghthearted fun for those not named Doofy or Railroader?

Do you really think that if I wanted to mock somebody's faith that I'd ask such an intentionally goofy question that demonstrates my own willful ignorance?

Did you write the producers of the movie Talladega Nights some nasty letters for the scene where Will Ferrell said grace praying to baby Jesus, or is it just me that has the honor of more of your needless aggression, which not to mention provides a great example of your faith which I seem to understand a little better than you (at least the part about being treating others the way you wish to be treated)?

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2011, 10:24 AM

I was kinda hoping for a "Super-Size Jesus" option. Regular and baby doesn't cut it for me.

"Respect Buddha and the gods, but do not count on them." - Miyamoto Musashi
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2011, 10:24 AM

How do I rank things using only checkmarks?

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
LIghthearted fun for those not named Doofy or Railroader?
Let's be honest. It's lighthearted fun at the expense of people like Railroader. The "fun" is based in how others take this very seriously.

I participated. I knew what I was doing. Why be coy about it?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
How do I rank things using only checkmarks?

By way of your vote?

P.S. you're a religious scholar, so maybe you'll know whether baby Jesus could grow a beard, being omnipotent and people probably being harrier back then?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 8, 2011, 11:41 AM

By way of your vote?

P.S. you're a religious scholar, so maybe you'll know whether baby Jesus could grow a beard, being omnipotent and people probably being harrier back then?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Let's be honest. It's lighthearted fun at the expense of people like Railroader.
Don't worry. It's not like the whole of society doesn't take the mick out of jazz fans on a regular basis.

And it's not like Railroader won't be pissing himself at how lame this thread is (rather than feel threatened by it or similar).

Jazz fans: proving themselves to be not quite right in the head with every breath they take and everything they do!

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 11:45 AM

Let's be honest. It's lighthearted fun at the expense of people like Railroader. The "fun" is based in how others take this very seriously.

I participated. I knew what I was doing. Why be coy about it?

Why would anyone, including RR, take a thread like this seriously?

The fact that the poll choices were specific about baby vs. adult Jesus I think makes it clear that this relates to the image/personification of the popular gods, right? Every religious person I've talked to as said that it doesn't particularly matter whether Jesus was black or white, what his gender was, etc. because Jesus was superhuman and could have taken whatever form he/she/it wanted. We don't know what their actual form is/was.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2011, 11:46 AM

Hahahaha.....honestly, I still can't figure out how anyone could possibly sit down, pop in Kind of Blue or Moanin', and not be blown away.

You suck.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post

Heheh... I meant hairier.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 11:51 AM

Don't worry. It's not like the whole of society doesn't take the mick out of jazz fans on a regular basis.

And it's not like Railroader won't be pissing himself at how lame this thread is (rather than feel threatened by it or similar).

Jazz fans: proving themselves to be not quite right in the head with every breath they take and everything they do!

So, if I were to respond to this the way you (or at least RR) responded to this thread I guess I should be all offended over what you said about jazz? Or I'm supposed to think that what you said was lame? Or something?

P.S. I see that Buddha is winning so far. I think people must expected what I've always expected: that although he looks gentle and stuff with all of his wisdom and powers of enlightenment he must have had some very impressive karate skills...

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 12:21 PM

Why would anyone, including RR, take a thread like this seriously?
I doubt he is.

You can joke about anything, but not with everyone.

This forum is for everyone.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 12:25 PM

I doubt he is.

You can joke about anything, but not with everyone.

This forum is for everyone.

If he isn't taking it seriously, then what's the problem?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 12:29 PM

You can joke about anything...
...but only if you're actually funny.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 12:29 PM

He takes the subject seriously.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 12:31 PM

...but only if you're actually funny.
I think there's plenty of evidence this isn't a requirement.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2011, 12:33 PM

Invalid poll. No "beer" option.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 8, 2011, 04:03 PM

I doubt he is.
Correct-omundo!!!

You just don't get my humor, I even made a joke with my opening line (a running joke with Dakar). You are offended I posted the troll image and then you jumped in the other thread to troll there too. Honestly besson, you amaze me (NOT in a good way).

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 04:58 PM

Cool, so nobody is offended.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2011, 07:01 PM

Newcastle Summer Ale is "the best" right now.

"The best" board for today's surf conditions was a fish.

"Da best" song out right now is "Party Rockers" by LMFAO

Railroader
Banned
Aug 8, 2011, 08:42 PM

Cool, so nobody is offended.
You were, which is why you stalked me to the other thread.

Look bess, we're laughing at you.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 08:58 PM

On occasions like this, this forum needs a "like" button.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 09:17 PM

You were, which is why you stalked me to the other thread.

Dude, you've been stalking me for years. I figure the only way to get you to go away is to confront you, since that is clearly what you are going for.

I've tried ignoring you, asking you to ignore me, responding to your trolling, ignoring it, and pleading that you'd have enough maturity to let these ill feelings of yours go and get on with your life, but you refuse on the basis of no apparent coherent rationale.

If you want to continue being a douche, I guess that's your right, but it would sure be nice if you would give it up.
( Last edited by besson3c; Aug 8, 2011 at 09:42 PM. )

Railroader
Banned
Aug 8, 2011, 10:03 PM

Dude, you've been stalking me for years. I figure the only way to get you to go away is to confront you, since that is clearly what you are going for.
repeating this over and over does not make it true.
I've tried ignoring you, asking you to ignore me, responding to your trolling, ignoring it, and pleading that you'd have enough maturity to let these ill feelings of yours go and get on with your life, but you refuse on the basis of no apparent coherent rationale.
How about you stop with the immature passive aggressive behavior towards others? I promise I will stop responding to your posts then.

"Ill feelings", uhhhh, no. The feeling I currently have for you is pity. My life is soaring along! A bit way too fast actually. Don't you worry about me.

"No coherent rational"?!?!? Your posts are the epitome of that!
If you want to continue being a douche, I guess that's your right, but it would sure be nice if you would give it up.
Pot, meet kettle.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 10:25 PM

I'll tell you what, I'll point out the next time you are stalking and trolling me... Maybe that will give you some incentive to stop doing that to prove me wrong.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Hahahaha.....honestly, I still can't figure out how anyone could possibly sit down, pop in Kind of Blue or Moanin', and not be blown away.

You suck.
I like you!

If you like Moanin' you might also like this if you haven't heard it already:

‪Mercy, mercy, mercy‬‏ - YouTube

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 12:11 AM

I'll tell you what, I'll point out the next time you are stalking and trolling me... Maybe that will give you some incentive to stop doing that to prove me wrong.
So, you don't agree to what I proposed?

Be a man and take responsibility. Because really, all of it really starts with your immature passive aggressive behavior. That stops and I'll stop replying to your posts. The onus is on you.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 12:18 AM

So, you don't agree to what I proposed?

Be a man and take responsibility. Because really, all of it really starts with your immature passive aggressive behavior. That stops and I'll stop replying to your posts. The onus is on you.

Okay, so you aren't trolling me, but when I say "let's wait and see" that won't do either? Remember what I wrote about the incoherent lack of rationale to what you do? This is it.

It is not your job to decide when I'm being immature or passive aggressive or whatever you come up with, because I really don't give the slightest bit of a shit what you think, because to me you are a ****ing moron.

Is that better? A little less passive aggressive? Now can we stop this? I sure hope so... I don't think anybody else cares about this stupid thing we have going on either, so I'm open to whatever suggestions you have that will get you to just leave me alone. Suggestions that don't have anything to do with my altering my behavior to suit your tastes, because you clearly are unwilling to alter yours, because I don't care about pleasing you, and because you aren't a mod.

Just. Leave. Me. Alone... Please. Follow Doofy's fine example.
( Last edited by besson3c; Aug 9, 2011 at 12:28 AM. )

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2011, 12:49 AM

I can't believe they let besson say "shit" but not "poo"

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 12:53 AM

Okay, so you aren't trolling me, but when I say "let's wait and see" that won't do either? Remember what I wrote about the incoherent lack of rationale to what you do? This is it.

It is not your job to decide when I'm being immature or passive aggressive or whatever you come up with, because I really don't give the slightest bit of a shit what you think, because to me you are a ****ing moron.

Is that better? A little less passive aggressive? Now can we stop this? I sure hope so... I don't think anybody else cares about this stupid thing we have going on either, so I'm open to whatever suggestions you have that will get you to just leave me alone. Suggestions that don't have anything to do with my altering my behavior to suit your tastes, because you clearly are unwilling to alter yours, because I don't care about pleasing you, and because you aren't a mod.

Just. Leave. Me. Alone... Please. Follow Doofy's fine example.
Nah.

Just stop being so immaturely passive aggressive to people on here. Ok?

... and you CLEARLY do care what I think. This post bears witness to that.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 01:10 AM

I only care so much as is necessary to figure out how to get you to go away.

People that I'm being passive aggressive to are perfectly capable to speak for themselves, they don't need you as their protectorate, and if you are ignoring me I will definitely not be passive aggressive to me because I'll be perfectly mute.

Ok?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
I can't believe they let besson say "shit" but not "poo"
That's why I never say "I don't give a ponies and rainbows", because that just sounds silly..

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 01:45 AM

I only care so much as is necessary to figure out how to get you to go away.

People that I'm being passive aggressive to are perfectly capable to speak for themselves, they don't need you as their protectorate, and if you are ignoring me I will definitely not be passive aggressive to me because I'll be perfectly mute.

Ok?
Nope. You care. It is obvious.

Glad I got you to admit you are passive aggressive. That's the first step for you.

screener
Senior User
Aug 9, 2011, 06:05 AM

Be a man and take responsibility.
Pretty funny coming from him.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2011, 09:40 AM

Can we please get back on topic?
Why is there no Buddy Jesus option?
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by SSharon View Post
Can we please get back on topic?
Why is there no Buddy Jesus option?

I hadn't heard of it, until my Googling...

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2011, 11:30 AM

Nope. You care. It is obvious.

Glad I got you to admit you are passive aggressive. That's the first step for you.

Remember when I said that I'll point out when you are trolling me? You're doing it.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 9, 2011, 03:19 PM

Remember when I said that I'll point out when you are trolling me? You're doing it.
No, I am asking you to act your age and put a halt to your passive aggressive attacks on people. You're the one calling people names.

Forum Links
Forum Rules