Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Tiger and Active Directory probs

Tiger and Active Directory probs
Ilja
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2005, 05:52 AM

I cannot find detailed information about configuring a Tiger-client to cooperate with a w2k3 Active Directory network..

I've got a couple of problems:

- I can log into almost every share, but not on the share that's on the AD-server itself. I says that the alias cannot be found anymore.
- I creates a alias to my homedirectory in my dock (next to the bin) but it looks like a question-mark and doesn't work...

Anyone?
I'm Appleless and unhappy: tiBook is dead and iPod stolen

Ilja  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2005, 09:06 AM

Anyone?

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 23, 2005, 10:04 AM

I'm not an active directory kind of person. However, let me point you to this article on our very own Mac News Network. I hope it helps.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

larkost
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2005, 07:25 PM

1) Are you actually connected to ActiveDirectory through OpenDirectory? This would be setup though /Applications/Utilities/Directory Access

2) Have you actually logged in through a AD account? Or are you logged into the computer through a local account? Remember: local always trumps remote.

3) Did you set your domain properly in Directory Access?

4) Is your Kerberos ticket still valid? /System/Library/CoreServices/Kerberos.app
In my opinion the handling of timeouts is the worst part of the AD services. I have an idea to correct this, but it is not the first thing on my plate.

5) And then there all are the issues possible with how you created the aliases. And all of the issues about what your account is setup with access to... and lots of other possible configuration issues on the server side.

Ilja  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2005, 04:59 AM

1) No

2) Yes, through AD-account

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) I didn't create those aliases, osx is talking about aliases, but it happens when I browse my network and click a servername...

larkost
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 09:18 PM

2) If 1 is no, then you aren't really using an AD account. AD is expecting a Kerberos ticket, and you don't have one to give it. You system admin probably has not allowed connections without it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules