Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Creating Graphic Sig Files in Mail 5

Creating Graphic Sig Files in Mail 5
Kenstee
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2011, 05:51 PM

Another downside of Mail appears to be the inability to easily put in graphic sig files (such as a logo) as can be done with Entourage/Outlook. It seems that only simple text sigs can be created and stored. Only way to do it for a graphic sig (with images like logos) appears to be by creating a Custom Stationary template to use when needed. This obvious deficiency never appears to be mentioned anywhere.

Is there a workaround or something I am missing here to more easily create store and insert a sig file with graphics (like a logo?)

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2011, 06:34 PM

You can do this on previous versions of Mail. Just drag the images into the signature creation box. I'd be very surprised if they had removed that feature.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 21, 2011, 07:19 PM

I would not allowing a graphic signature to be actually a feature.

I tried it in Lion's Mail, and it works like Waraginstsleep described.

Kenstee  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
You can do this on previous versions of Mail. Just drag the images into the signature creation box. I'd be very surprised if they had removed that feature.
It worked. Had to play around with the sig creation box for a minute but got it working. Thanks!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules