Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is anyone still running Yosemite?

Is anyone still running Yosemite?
CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Apr 25, 2021, 03:06 PM

Just curious—Pacifist 4.0 is in beta testing (yes, it's happening, people ), and due to the extensive amount of time it's been in development, the deployment target is currently set to 10.10... but as the current earliest macOS version any of my testers are running is 10.12, I'm not sure it actually... y'know... works there.

Long shot, I suppose, but if anyone's still running that old of an OS and would be willing to do some testing, let me know. My address is support (äŧ) charlessoft (∂ö†) com.

Thanks!

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

reader50
Administrator
Apr 25, 2021, 03:54 PM

I have every OS version installed on different partitions. 10.6 - 10.15, but in practice I rarely boot into anything but Mojave. A server runs El Capitan in the other room.

I can do some basic testing in Yosemite if you need it. Is graphics acceleration required? I'd have to switch graphics cards - Yosemite is limited to software rendering on an RX580.

CharlesS  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 25, 2021, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
I have every OS version installed on different partitions. 10.6 - 10.15, but in practice I rarely boot into anything but Mojave. A server runs El Capitan in the other room.

I can do some basic testing in Yosemite if you need it. Is graphics acceleration required? I'd have to switch graphics cards - Yosemite is limited to software rendering on an RX580.
Thanks, that sounds great. I think we should be fine re: the graphics acceleration; the only thing Pacifist uses the GPU for is drawing the main screen and that little overlay that gets drawn over it when you drag a file over its window. Obviously there are some changes for Dark Mode, but that shouldn't apply to Yose much, so the main thing for me is to make sure the actual functionality is working.

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you'd like to get added to the beta list!

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2021, 04:53 AM

I can build a Yosemite machine if you need the extra help?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Ω
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2021, 07:42 AM

I think my desktop is still Yosemite, or can still boot too. Pre-trash can.
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

CharlesS  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2021, 08:11 PM

Feel free to send me an e-mail! I'm just about ready to send out a build, as soon as I work out one small bug that's been annoying me

reader50
Administrator
Apr 26, 2021, 08:20 PM

I sent an email yesterday.

btw, I can test back earlier than 10.10 if you like. Mac Pro will boot back to 10.6. With different systems, I can get back to System 7.5 at least.

CharlesS  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2021, 10:55 PM

I got your e-mail

I haven't sent it yet because a bug just popped up that needs fixing before I send out another build, but it'll be soon, I promise

Ω
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2021, 11:07 PM

Email sent!

P
Apr 27, 2021, 06:49 AM

Yosemite is actually the version I skipped because reception was so bad.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Ω
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2021, 06:27 AM

Do you want feedback here? Or behind closed doors?

CharlesS  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 8, 2021, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ω View Post
Do you want feedback here? Or behind closed doors?
Sorry for not seeing this sooner. Behind closed doors is better, since this is still not a public release yet. Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules