Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > How Long To Wait For 9.1 CD To Ship?

How Long To Wait For 9.1 CD To Ship?
WillyB
Feb 19, 2001, 11:14 PM

I've mailed in my "coupons' that came with OS 9.0.4 and filled out all of the proper billing information in order to receive my OS 9.1 CD about a month ago. How long did anyone else here have to wait for the physical shipment? I'm really getting 'antsy'!
-- "Does Microsoft mean 'small & limp?'

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2001, 11:32 PM

Great question--I mailed mine off a little over a month ago and the check has not even been cashed yet.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

WillyB  (op)
Feb 19, 2001, 11:38 PM

Reading, PA? Hey you're just up the road-a-piece from me! Maybe they don't like money from our neck of the woods?
Anybody else having to wait a long time for this to ship out?

[This message has been edited by WillyB (edited 02-20-2001).]

GreenMnM
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2001, 03:26 PM

I also have been waiting almost a month after sending in my Mac OS 9.0 proof of purchase coupon. Apple Software Orders ((800) 293-6617) has been telling me for the past week to "wait one more week" for my order to get put into the computer system, they have no record of it. Since they have no record of it I have no order number and no way to track it. This is very frustrating. Does it really take a month for snail mail to get from Seattle to New York State? I guess I'm spoiled with the speed of e-mail and the Internet. :-)

-Doug

[This message has been edited by GreenMnM (edited 02-20-2001).]

[email protected]
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2001, 03:55 PM

If you had an order number, like I do, it wouldn't help much. They would tell you the item is "out of stock" and they don't know when they will have it for shipping.

GreenMnM
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2001, 09:15 PM

Well, they finally got my order (so I now have an order number), and you're right it's out of stock. But, the gentleman I talked to said he thought they'd be in the second week of March! Great! just a week before my Mac OS X comes with 9.1 already installed. The whole point was to make sure I could run 9.1 (I've been having trouble: http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/Foru...ML/002664.html ) BEFORE I got Mac OS X. It'd be really annoying if my "Classic" software kept crashing while I'm running nicely along with Mac OS X.

-Doug

[email protected]
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2001, 11:19 AM

Exactly. In fact, if you really rely on your computer, it might be wise to have enough HD partitions to make sure you can have a reliable 9.04 system plus an independent test 9.1 system plus your eventual OS X 1.0/9.1 combo. Complex, but no telling what will still work with what....

WillyB  (op)
Feb 21, 2001, 07:24 PM

Hey! I received a postcard from the "Backorder Processing Unit" in Buffalo, NY today. It states the following info:

Dear Customer:

Thank you very much for your recent order. The product listed below is currently out of stock. The expected Ship Date is 03/11/2001. If you no longer want this product, return this card with a check in the box #1 _x_ that says Please Cancel my order and issue a refund.

If you still want this product, if available by the expected ship date, NO RESPONSE IS REQUIRED.

If we are unable to ship by the expected ship date, but you still want the product whenever it becomes available, check the box #2 _x_ that says Please ship my order when it becomes available, even if that is after the expected ship date.
***Note*** Even if you check box #2, you may still cancel your order at anytime.

The address for the Back Order Processing Unit is:

Back Order Processing Unit
P.O. Box 1568
Buffalo, NY 14240-8580

Misha
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2001, 07:26 PM

As WillyB noted, the ship date is mid-March.

skeedog98
Feb 21, 2001, 08:57 PM

I got my Mac OS 9.1 CD last week through ADC. Granted it might be slightly different. It has a different picture on the CD and the jacket is the standard ADC stuff. So it is pressed and should be going out.

catsRgods
Feb 23, 2001, 07:25 AM

I ordered mine when they announced it, a month and a half ago, and I just got it yesterday. Good Grief. No problems installing or running though. : )

Bobby
Feb 23, 2001, 07:25 PM

I received an out of stock letter from apple saying I could wait or cancel my order. I received it about 2 days ago, being that I needed it for Language Kits, there wasn't any chance I was going to cancel it. So I figured I would just have to wait until the March 13th date listed. Ironically enough, when I got home from work today I had a package from apple with my OS 9.1 CD inside. Had I mailed in the cancellation they wouldn't even have gotten it before I got the CD...

------------------
[This message has been edited by Bobby (edited 02-23-2001).]

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Feb 24, 2001, 02:39 AM

Hey WillyB--I got the same card you did, and then three or four days later, I got the OS 9.1 CD. Go figure--I guess they don't really mind takingPennsylvanian money
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

WillyB  (op)
Feb 28, 2001, 09:26 AM

:-) O.K.... Got it yesterday... Me a Happy Camper Now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules