Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mp3 clients

Mp3 clients
PeteL999
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2002, 10:34 PM

Whats everyone using these days. I can only find limewire useful now that aimster got shut down after its short run on the mac. Any other good gnutella programs? or does anyone know how napster is coming along, they are taking forever
Are you or are you not the black angel of death

tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2002, 11:23 AM

Try "drumbeat" its pretty stable and faster IMO than limewire. Its at www.drumbeat.info I think it taps into the same gnutella network as "morpheus" on the PC side. But I have also heard rumors of Morpheus coming to the mac. What impressed me about drumbeats software engineers is that they are dedicated to the Mac platform. I'd rather shell out money to these sort of companies that ones that port to the mac only after they see that it is popular on the PC.
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2002, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by tkmd:
<STRONG>Try "drumbeat" its pretty stable and faster IMO than limewire. Its at www.drumbeat.info I think it taps into the same gnutella network as "morpheus" on the PC side. But I have also heard rumors of Morpheus coming to the mac. What impressed me about drumbeats software engineers is that they are dedicated to the Mac platform. I'd rather shell out money to these sort of companies that ones that port to the mac only after they see that it is popular on the PC.</STRONG>
Try searching the Internet Software forum for a listing of clients- this topic comes up every few weeks. There are a lot of clients available- some better than others. I am about to check out that Drumbeat site now. If this thing can actually tap into the same network that morpheus users are using now it will probably be the top Mac client very soon (until the official version of Morpheus comes out). Now if there was only a version of AudioGalaxy Satalie avilable for Classic I would be set (OS X'ers already have this).

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

PeteL999  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2002, 12:02 PM

dumbeat is pretty good, but you can also use it for 15 days unless you pay $30. That's a little too much for mp3's IMO

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2002, 06:29 AM

Yeah, I just now found out that it costs $30 as well. This sucks because it was a good program.
Oh well. The authors will soon learn what happens when you over charge for something that is can be had for free .

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

H�rnchen
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2002, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by Miniryu:
<STRONG>
Now if there was only a version of AudioGalaxy Satalie avilable for Classic I would be set (OS X'ers already have this).</STRONG>
??? My version 1.4 is classic and works fine!?
Murphy's Second Corollary:
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

PeteL999  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2002, 01:08 PM

can someone post a link to were I can find audiogalaxy satallite

jcarr
Senior User
Feb 25, 2002, 02:28 PM

Try this or this.
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!

xyber233
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2002, 05:24 PM

Only Limewire for me until Morpheus.

agentz
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2002, 05:31 PM

I tried Audio Galaxy and I hated it.

I'm with Xyber - its Limewire all the way for me at the moment. I've stuck with version 1.7c just now cos I could really do without the ads that seem to infest newer versions.
MI5 doesn't do evil. Just treachery, treason and armageddon.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 25, 2002, 05:52 PM

The newest Limewire has restored my faith in it. The previous one (2.1 I think) sucked so much ass it wasn't funny. I hate how on Audiogalaxy you can't see how fast its going.

So for now, Limewire....or Morpheus under VPC

PeteL999  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2002, 05:59 PM

im stayin with limewire and right now the ads dont bother me. If they put more in i might just pay the 6 bucks...its not much

pbjudge
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2002, 12:16 AM

Originally posted by Miniryu:
<STRONG>

Try searching the Internet Software forum for a listing of clients- this topic comes up every few weeks. There are a lot of clients available- some better than others. I am about to check out that Drumbeat site now. If this thing can actually tap into the same network that morpheus users are using now it will probably be the top Mac client very soon (until the official version of Morpheus comes out). Now if there was only a version of AudioGalaxy Satalie avilable for Classic I would be set (OS X'ers already have this).</STRONG>
There is a version of the sat for os X? I went to the Audiogalaxy site and could find nothing. Could anyone tell me whether or not there is a sat for mac (os ten). Help!!

Thanks.
24"2.33Ghz iMac, 500G Hdisk, running OS 10.5; iPhone 3G 16G

Forum Links
Forum Rules