Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.04 is ok

9.04 is ok
george3
Mar 24, 2000, 05:04 PM

I have been using the most recent developer's beta for the last 3 weeks on my Wall Street g3 pb and B&W desktop. Not only have I had no problems, it has even fixed some problems I had with OS 9. I don't play DVDs out of region 1, though.

I would recommend (as Apple does) backing up before doing any upgrade.

pjrgois
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2000, 08:32 AM

How big is the update MB?

Dylan
Apr 3, 2000, 04:28 AM

9.0.4 update is 12MB, give or take. I'm running 9.0.4 now, and it's very nice. 12MB DiskCopy image, authentic.

Zero problems, and to be totally honest, the overall feel of my desktop on my 233 iMac(b) is a little snappier.

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2000, 05:04 PM

Have to agree. Using it on my DVSE iMac for three days with no problems.
Just got two iSubs to test this AM and they are great! I can't believe what a great looking/sounding pice this is for $99!!!
This iMac is the coolest and most stable Mac I've ever owned - and I've owned many in 15 years!

SCott

Elderloc
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2000, 12:45 AM

When will the final 9.04 be out does anyone know? I have not seen it on a apple site yet will it be available through are system updater?
Elderloc

We were just a bunch of sawgie old men eating egg salad sandwitches in a card board box, playing tease the wild wolverine in a confind space.

Richard Chang
Apr 4, 2000, 05:34 PM

Originally posted by Elderloc:
When will the final 9.04 be out does anyone know?
When Elian's Dad arrives from Cuba he will bring MacOS 9.04 with him and post it. Apparently, the US interest section in Cuba is having trouble figuring out which side of the CD-ROM should be stamped with the visa.

Last time I checked the CNN site, Elian's Dad isn't coming today. So, no MacOS 9.04 today.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2000, 05:38 PM

at this moment, versiontracker CLAIMS it is available OFFICIALLY but through the Software Update control panel only, for the moment...

how long that moment will be and if you can actually get MacOS 9.04 using Software Update is anybody's guess

Misha
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2000, 08:17 PM

VersionTracker? Read MacNN for the latest news, silly.

uj
Apr 4, 2000, 08:37 PM

replying to the above message:
i guess even though elian's dad didn't come in..
BUT...
mac os 9.0.4 came in today.. check the news and the software update panels in the control panels.. GET THE optional dvd update if you have AGP G4's.. others don't work.

nice comparision though..

tumpak :->

ericwass
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2000, 08:53 PM

Has anyone been able to download the DVD update. I get errors on both the .bin and .hqx version from Apple's page and my Software Update isn't working!
"Pfft. I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny." -HJS

OhMcNo
Apr 4, 2000, 09:19 PM

Could not use Auto Software Update as it wouldn't connect. However, downloading from VersionTracker's link worked just fine (up to180k/sec over cablemodem). One strange thing happened though -- when I restarted after installing, the file type of the update changed to some sort of QuickTime file, and would not mount as a disk image. Weird.

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2000, 09:22 PM

I got the DVD 2.2 update, but only after much trying. I did have to get the binhex file, though. The MacBinary just got me to an error message.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

MikeD
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2000, 09:22 PM

Does it make iMac DV's compatible with Final Cut Pro?

Mike
2009 MacMini 2.0 C2D 4GB (3,1) - Needs update!
11" MBA (2010 1.6GHz C2D)
iPhone 4 / iPad!
Hooked on Apple since the IIGS

ChuckL
Apr 4, 2000, 11:33 PM

I don't know, but it lets the generic PC Firewire PCI card I put in my beige G3 see my digital camcorder now!

Yee-ha!

Forum Links
Forum Rules