Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > MacOS 9.1 Final

MacOS 9.1 Final
MACALEX
Nov 26, 2000, 03:29 AM

Today I have installed Final version of the MacOS 9.1.
It's cute startup diks control panel there, and i liked the Window menu in the Finder and now you can connect directly to your iDisk from Nework browser, you was able to do before, just type to connect to AppleShare server idisk.mac.com.
OpenTransport now v.2.7.4
DVD Player 2.3
QuickTIme 4.1.3

Aussiemac
Nov 26, 2000, 07:54 AM

I heard that os9.1 dosn't support classic in the osx environment.

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2000, 10:46 AM

You have to update to OS X (PB2?) to use 9.1 in Classic.

Gregory

[This message has been edited by Gregory (edited 11-26-2000).]

Fredo
Senior User
Nov 26, 2000, 03:08 PM

WOW, you can get 9.1 in Russia, but when will it be available here in the US of A??
Who are the Brain Police?

Jsnuff1
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2000, 03:11 PM

ya how did you get the final version in russia, whats up with that, apple favor internationals over us??

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2000, 04:41 PM

Russia has the crown jewels, any commercial software title, a backdoor into every bank, vendor, Credit Card, the DOD-CIA-OSA. 9.1 GM was probably child's play - what highly skilled unemployed graduate students do for fun.

Just ask CitiBank and Microsoft

Gregory

Aussiemac
Nov 27, 2000, 12:13 AM

i use osx and 9.0.4 in the classic enviroment , what i ment was i heard if you are running osx and you update your classic to 9.1 classic won't work. dose anyone know if this is true or not?

Cipher13
Nov 27, 2000, 02:36 AM

Well, OSX won't run my OS 9.1 f6...

Cipher13

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2000, 02:46 AM

As stated in the post above this one. It's fine to talk about 9.1, but please don't mention how/where it was obtained.

Thank You

------------------
-See Yea!

serge
Nov 27, 2000, 09:58 AM

don't worry guys, we're here in good old germany (rite next to russia) can't get ir either...

MACALEX  (op)
Nov 28, 2000, 05:15 AM

I love HotLine this is my answer on the all your questions.
By the way, 9.1 is much faster on the G4 that was 9.0.4.

Best

MACALEX

MACALEX  (op)
Nov 28, 2000, 05:32 AM

Originally posted by Gregory:
Russia has the crown jewels, any commercial software title, a backdoor into every bank, vendor, Credit Card, the DOD-CIA-OSA. 9.1 GM was probably child's play - what highly skilled unemployed graduate students do for fun.

Just ask CitiBank and Microsoft

Gregory

Well, you are right in someway but i am not unemployed graduate student.
Second, I'll steal software because Apple have steal my money, I've bought PB G3/292Mhz in the 1998 and Apple released after two month new model PB G3/300Mhz because G3/292Mhz was gettting too hot because of the bus speed.
They didn't give a f_ck about this problem and didn't say officialy anything. This is f_cked up. I know that I act not better that they do but i am just a human and they are a huge company. I've paid for this PB $6000
and they have released the new one PB and drop the price to $3999
This is not the way it's should be and I know that I am not right too but this is the way it is. I was always buying software but after this I never buy any software because they have own to me and to other people.

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2000, 07:45 AM

I'm sorry you bought a nice PB only to see new model comes out shortly after. There usually are discounts and sales just before new models are introduced because no one wants to buy when something better is due out.

I was not saying you stole etc. only that there is now a perceived reputation for some of the best software, computer science, etc and hackers in Russia (St Petersburg?) that have managed to create a name and reputation, esp the latest case where someone got past Microsoft's firewall security - but that was from Denmark?

Hotline is to software what Napster was to music?

When the G4 PowerBook comes out - they will be "hot" as in hard to come back, in great demand, portable supercomputers. Maybe you can sell and save and buy one and be able to run OS X and 9.1 in style.

Hackers Penetrate Microsoft's Network

I found this article which I was looking for earlier (won't tell you how much time it took!)

Russia's hackers: notorious or desperate?

I think student's have too much free time, think money grows on trees. I sometimes thing "DSL - great" than see what a wasteland it creates, all the hope and hype of what TV or the internet were going to do for civilization.

[This message has been edited by Gregory (edited 11-28-2000).]

MACALEX  (op)
Nov 28, 2000, 09:22 AM

Hotline is to software what Napster was to music?
well, it's not really like Napster but you can find on the HL servers everything include music and hot software.

When the G4 PowerBook comes out - they will be "hot" as in hard to come back, in great demand, portable supercomputers. Maybe you can sell and save and buy one and be able to run OS X and 9.1 in style.
I have sold my PB few months ago and i've got new G4/450Mhz desktop and I am happy with this really powerful computer.

About SORM, I don't think that our ISP's will ever do anything for FSB.
by the way, FBI should take care about all the warez because 70% of the all new software located on the U.S. and Canada HL or ftp servers.
I know several admins of the HL servers who was caugh by FBI and they was using just home based computers on the cable or ADSL connection and the traffic was huge thas is how they have got caugh.
I know a lot of Hl servers based on the free Uni channels. Most of this servers hosted by students and they are U.S. students. So, it's not only Russian problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules