Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Cinema Display Updates?

Cinema Display Updates?
BoingoBongo
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2008, 12:26 AM

Does anyone have any idea when the Cinema Displays may be updated? It's been so long since they were refreshed, I just don't think it's worth it to buy one right now.

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Mar 22, 2008, 04:54 AM

You are right in saying they are not worth the money. As an alternative, I believe Dell uses the same type of LCD (S-IPS) that Apple does, and they are more aggressively priced.
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

cms
Senior User
Mar 22, 2008, 09:03 AM

I am hanging out for this, too... It's almost 4 years (June 2004) since Apple brought out the current range. I love my 20", bought on Day One of their release, but am now more than ready for a bigger, brighter display. Like the OP, I now feel I have no choice but to wait until Apple brings out new kit. But how much longer must I wait?!

PhotoBug
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2008, 08:18 PM

I want this so very much. I need a refresh from this Piece of work plastic CRT i have next to my MBP Beauty.

PhotoBug
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2008, 08:19 PM

Must be something big they are releasing. 4 years is incredibly long.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2008, 09:41 PM

I have a DELL Ultrasharp 2407WFP Rev. 04 here, but I still prefer a Cinema Display. Apple, please make it happen.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2008, 12:46 AM

BoingoBongo  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 23, 2008, 01:06 AM

Ha, people make some pretty good mock ups!

I like the style of the current ones quite a bit, but they're way overpriced for how outdated they are. I'm just waiting for an update which will most likely include an LED screen, minor case changes, and maybe some changes with the ports and an iSight or something.

Andy8
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2008, 01:15 AM

I am holding my breath.

34skyline
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2008, 11:51 PM

Sold my 23 Inch Cinema Display and my Mac Mini setup last year, just a month ago bought a Mac Pro and using my roommates display until I get my own but anyways I want to purchase a 30 inch Cinema Display just waiting on Apple to put out their updated ones first, i'm willing to wait even if that Dell 3008 looks very tempting to buy.

That mock up looks very damn good, hopes it looks like that do you guys think if thay will give us a choice of Matt or Glossy?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 24, 2008, 12:19 AM

I think that they probably would give you the choice. I can't see them making it exclusively glossy, OTOH glossy has been a decently popular option on MacBook Pros.

Forum Links
Forum Rules