Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Christian Bale Goes Bale-istic

Christian Bale Goes Bale-istic (Page 2)
lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2009, 11:04 PM

Batman would've sounded better if he had used his normal voice.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

flabasha
Forum Regular
Feb 3, 2009, 11:43 PM

Douche Supreme with extra beef.

Yes, the DP shouldn't have gotten in his sight-line mid-take, but the DP was being a perfectionist and checking the lights, which is exactly his job. People move around all the time during takes, whether they're grip and electric, or wardrobe, etc., you just have to be VERY careful. And takes are interrupted ALL THE TIME, by someone dropping something, a radio going off, or just passing airplanes, trucks, etc.

So the guy ruined one or two takes, so the f--- what? Be a pro, say something, even be angry about it, but a few choice words will do. To absolutely lose it for four minutes, then audibly take off after the guy to beat him up is RIDICULOUS. You can even hear him screaming at the AD who was just trying to calm the situation down, and that guy did NOTHING wrong.

You can bet your life the crew had it out for Bale the rest of the shoot. It's no surprise this tape got out. Crews NEVER forget when an actor or director makes a fool of one of them. You WILL pay, and Bale's paying right now.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2009, 12:41 AM

Sounds like he has some emotional problems.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2009, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
American Gangster and A Beautiful Mind were good. I don't know about the other two.
Cinderella Man was good, but Paul Giamatti kind of stole the show. Crowe definitely didn't shame himself in it.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by flabasha View Post
Yes, the DP shouldn't have gotten in his sight-line mid-take, but the DP was being a perfectionist and checking the lights, which is exactly his job.
No, it wasn't his job. You fiddle with that before the take, not during.

I wish there was video for this, I'd like to see if the guy was taunting Bale in some way.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2009, 02:25 AM

If it's an incessant problem, then yeah, the guy deserved a good berating. But for the people working on the film to actually release the audio, it must've been at least perceived by the crew as an overreaction to the problem.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 02:37 AM

You WILL pay

Bruce Willis had a bucket "mysteriously" fall off a catwalk onto his head...

That the entire crew had pissed in.

Rumor
Feb 4, 2009, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
If it's an incessant problem, then yeah, the guy deserved a good berating. But for the people working on the film to actually release the audio, it must've been at least perceived by the crew as an overreaction to the problem.
It was released to the insurance company since Bale gave the "he or I goes" ultimatum. I imagine a lot of things are recorded, but thrown away.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 02:55 AM

Douche Supreme with extra beef.

Yes, the DP shouldn't have gotten in his sight-line mid-take, but the DP was being a perfectionist and checking the lights, which is exactly his job. People move around all the time during takes, whether they're grip and electric, or wardrobe, etc., you just have to be VERY careful. And takes are interrupted ALL THE TIME, by someone dropping something, a radio going off, or just passing airplanes, trucks, etc.

So the guy ruined one or two takes, so the f--- what? Be a pro, say something, even be angry about it, but a few choice words will do. To absolutely lose it for four minutes, then audibly take off after the guy to beat him up is RIDICULOUS. You can even hear him screaming at the AD who was just trying to calm the situation down, and that guy did NOTHING wrong.

You can bet your life the crew had it out for Bale the rest of the shoot. It's no surprise this tape got out. Crews NEVER forget when an actor or director makes a fool of one of them. You WILL pay, and Bale's paying right now.
I don't know. Harry Knowles gave an account from a crew member on the movie — and he says you're wrong. I think that trumps your guesswork.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

flabasha
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2009, 03:12 AM

Nope. Harry Knowles is a paid shill. The studios fly him out, bring him onto the set, invite him to parties, and, surprise surprise!, he gives the horrendous film a glowing review! See: Transformers.

All you need to do is read the Ain't It Cool commenters in the talkback section to know that he's in the bag for the studios (by the way, he shut down the Talkback section because he was getting raked). Guaranteed he got a call from an exec today saying, "Yeah, can you just, you know, say you know some (unnamed) person on the set who said it wasn't Bale's fault, y'know, just so this internets thing doesn't get out of hand." Nice try.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 04:42 AM

Nope. Harry Knowles is a paid shill.
Says you, for all we know you're a "paid shill".
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Railroader
Banned
Feb 4, 2009, 09:24 AM

I think I'm a paid shill!

andi*pandi
Feb 4, 2009, 09:33 AM

where do I sign up to become a paid shill?

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2009, 10:08 AM

paid shill

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2009, 10:29 AM

Paid Schiller?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
paid-shill.com
Fixed.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 12:30 PM

Nope. Harry Knowles is a paid shill. The studios fly him out, bring him onto the set, invite him to parties, and, surprise surprise!, he gives the horrendous film a glowing review! See: Transformers.
I know lots of people with no connection to Hollywood at all who gave that movie glowing reviews. I can't understand it, but it's true.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

hayesk
Feb 4, 2009, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by pooka View Post
Yeah, no crap. That's how I talk to coworkers and vendors daily. How else are you supposed to get **** done?
Where do you live? I've never had to come even close to that with people.

flabasha
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2009, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Says you, for all we know you're a "paid shill".
Wish I WAS a paid shill...

I could hang out with Harry Knowles, Paul Wunder of WBAI-TV and Maria Salas of TV-Telenoticias and get quoted in ads together...

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 07:22 PM

Wish I WAS a paid shill...

I could hang out with Harry Knowles, Paul Wunder of WBAI-TV and Maria Salas of TV-Telenoticias and get quoted in ads together...
Who says you aren't? We don't know you.
- Thomas Paine

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 10:09 PM

Transformers is an awesome popcorn flick. Stupid plot holes and some sloppy writing, etc, but nonetheless it's a great ride. It's especially awesome on a projector screen in HD. Too bad Michael Bay seems to be a prick.

The Dark Knight is an awesome popcorn flick and more. Some lame turns in the plot etc, but nonetheless it's a great ride. It's especially awesome on a projector screen in HD. Too bad Christian Bale seems to be a prick.

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2009, 12:05 AM

Bravo.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

flabasha
Forum Regular
Feb 5, 2009, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Who says you aren't? We don't know you.
That's true.

And that chair you're sitting on might NOT be a chair at all...

Come to think of it, how well do you know the chairs in your house?

Watch them. You NEVER know...

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 5, 2009, 12:15 AM

Imagine if he was a radical Muslim Bale.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 5, 2009, 12:52 AM

That's true.

And that chair you're sitting on might NOT be a chair at all...

Come to think of it, how well do you know the chairs in your house?

Watch them. You NEVER know...
The chairs in my home were made for my ass. The MacNN forums were made for other asses.

Watch them, you NEVER know...
- Thomas Paine

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2009, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
Imagine if he was a radical Muslim Bale.
"Islam is the f*cking light!"

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2009, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Transformers is an awesome popcorn flick. Stupid plot holes and some sloppy writing, etc, but nonetheless it's a great ride. It's especially awesome on a projector screen in HD. Too bad Michael Bay seems to be a prick.

The Dark Knight is an awesome popcorn flick and more. Some lame turns in the plot etc, but nonetheless it's a great ride. It's especially awesome on a projector screen in HD. Too bad Christian Bale seems to be a prick.
Whether a movie is good or bad is a matter of taste, so it's really quite irrelevant what you think about it for the rest of us - let alone compare two movies as belonging in a category together.

Furthermore judging people's characters because of soundbytes or because they dissed HD-DVD and you never got over it, well.. get over it?
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2009, 08:07 AM

There are objective standards for measuring quality and there are subjective standards. To judge anything's worth you have to balance up the two. And neither should outweigh the other, especially not the subjective over the objective.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2009, 01:05 AM

- Thomas Paine

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Whether a movie is good or bad is a matter of taste, so it's really quite irrelevant what you think about it for the rest of us - let alone compare two movies as belonging in a category together.
I'm glad you feel that way. Perhaps you'll refrain from posting your reviews in the future.

Furthermore judging people's characters because of soundbytes or because they dissed HD-DVD and you never got over it, well.. get over it?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2009, 09:01 AM

I'm glad you feel that way. Perhaps you'll refrain from posting your reviews in the future.
I'm glad you're glad, but sad you missed the point. Your post made no sense, especially to this topic.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2009, 09:13 AM

I'm glad you're glad, but sad you missed the point. Your post made no sense, especially to this topic.
I guess that means you're going to continue posting your reviews then.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2009, 09:42 AM

I guess that means you're going to continue posting your reviews then.
Yeah, but I won't draw any factual conclusions from them to support an unrelated point.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2009, 11:13 AM

Yeah, but I won't draw any factual conclusions from them to support an unrelated point.
Errr... I think both Transformers and The Dark Knight are enjoyable movies... because I enjoyed them when I watched them.

Any further perceived conclusions about them would be just that, perceived, based your own assumptions, because I personally have drawn none.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2009, 01:34 PM

Errr... I think both Transformers and The Dark Knight are enjoyable movies... because I enjoyed them when I watched them.

Any further perceived conclusions about them would be just that, perceived, based your own assumptions, because I personally have drawn none.
So your post could be summed up with that you thought both movies were quite enjoyable movies.. all good and fine.

How does that concern the topic of this thread?

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2009, 04:34 PM

So your post could be summed up with that you thought both movies were quite enjoyable movies.. all good and fine.

How does that concern the topic of this thread?
It doesn't. I thought it didn't need explaining, but since it isn't obvious to you, it was just a response to those in this very thread who said they couldn't understand how people could enjoy Transformers.

So I said, just like with The Dark Knight, the movie is by no means perfect but I enjoyed it. Transformers was purely a fun popcorn flick. The Dark Knight functions well as a fun popcorn flick as well, but is more than that at the same time.

It might help if you actually read the thread next time.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2009, 04:51 PM

It doesn't. I thought it didn't need explaining, but since it isn't obvious to you, it was just a response to those in this very thread who said they couldn't understand how people could enjoy Transformers.

So I said, just like with The Dark Knight, the movie is by no means perfect but I enjoyed it. Transformers was purely a fun popcorn flick. The Dark Knight functions well as a fun popcorn flick as well, but is more than that at the same time.

It might help if you actually read the thread next time.
Yeah I thought it didn't have anything at all to do with the topic at hand. It might help if you actually quoted the person you are replying to when answering them, since the post you consider yourself replying to is TEN posts above yours.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2009, 04:57 PM

So, you made four separate posts criticizing my Transformers post, simply because you were too lazy to read the actual thread. Gotta love it, esp. when there were two other posts before mine about this movie on this same thread page.

andi*pandi
Feb 6, 2009, 05:18 PM

voodoo, get the eff out of this thread! we're working here, and you totally effed up the thread! What do you have to say for yourself? What? WHAT?

It's effing unprofessional, is what it is.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2009, 05:22 PM

(I have NO idea what the hell has been going on in the past ten posts or so. Impressive posturing, though.)

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2009, 08:17 AM

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2009, 08:44 AM

^ thank you

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 7, 2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by waxcrash View Post
Muahahaha

-t

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Feb 7, 2009, 03:14 PM

Good stuff

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
voodoo, get the eff out of this thread! we're working here, and you totally effed up the thread! What do you have to say for yourself? What? WHAT?

It's effing unprofessional, is what it is.
Brilliant!

Deserves a lol.

And fail....

YouTube - Michael Cera Flips Out
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

design219
Professional Poster
Feb 9, 2009, 01:42 PM

Another cool mash-up. Watch this first... the kid drugged up after a dental procedure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiw...eature=related

And then mixed with Christian Bale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70r-C...tnobutyes.com/

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2009, 12:58 AM

"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

ajprice
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2009, 03:59 PM

Family Guy

"You're gonna owe a fortune to the swear jar..."

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules