Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Crysis Warhead

Crysis Warhead
Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2008, 10:08 AM

To those who don't know...

Crysis - Warhead

Is it an expansion pack? Sequel? Console version?

Honestly, there is a good possibility its the console version, because though they were published by Ubisoft with Far Cry, Crytek may have still wanted to follow the adding one word console port. Far Cry Instincts, for instance, was released for the Wii.

An expansion pack would also make sense though, for this early on.

I don't know about a sequel yet...

Either way, I wonder why Psycho is on the front. And I'm major excited!
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2008, 01:47 PM

More news...

Crytek GmbH: EA AND CRYTEK ANNOUNCE<br>DEVELOPMENT OF CRYSIS WARHEAD

Still no word on wether its a sequel or an expansion though. It runs on a modified version of the CryEngine, which could mean sequel. The story on it is interesting. The same Crysis setting, same story-line, but through the eyes of Psycho, which explains why he was on the front. Turns out he's on the cover too.

Boxshot of Crysis Warhead for PC

It's got to be an expansion, and if it is, its a really interesting one, one I've never seen a game do. If its a sequel, then its pretty disappointing.

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2008, 04:24 PM

Even more news...

Crysis Warhead Announced as PC Exclusive, Developer Explains Crysis Patch Stoppage - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

So that rules out the console version...

Crymod Modding Portal | Crysis | Stand-Alone "Crysis: Warhead" Announcement & Community Note!

This thread doesn't help much either. People seem to think its a Crysis 1.5. It has been confirmed as stand-alone though. So stand-alone expansion pack, but one of the best expansion packs ever, seems about right.

And strangely, I feel like I'm talking to myself. Could there possibly be anyone else on this forum interested in Crysis: Warhead?

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 6, 2008, 03:09 PM

Though this has gotten no replies, there are a lot of views, so maybe people are at least reading this...

bit-tech.net | Crysis: Warhead detailed

Crysis Warhead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So its not Crysis 2. On the Crytek forums, people are hoping there will be 9 Crysis games, the first, the second, and the third, all focusing on Nomad, but with 2 expansions to each, one focusing on Psycho, the other on Prophet. Assuming they all survive...

It's a cool idea, but might get old. It all depends on the deliverance of it.

This will probably be my last post unless someone else responds, because being the only one in a thread isn't much fun. Can't say I'll hold to that when the first screenshots or gameplay footage, or anything else amazingly awesome comes out, though

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2008, 04:38 AM

Since reading about how badly Crysis performs on even the highest spec PCs, I've not taken any notice of whats happening for it.

Apparently even people with 768M graphics cards have problems running on high settings. Pity, the stuff that I saw on youtube made it look really good.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2008, 12:52 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much me too. If people with high-end gaming computers can't play this thing, there's no hope for me.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2008, 03:46 PM

Well, they are saying that Warhead runs on an optimized CryEngine, so maybe if its REALLY optimized, mid-range PC's will be able to better play it.

Or wait, I should stick up my nose and make stupid comments like other forums about Crysis. "You just have a little noob computer! Drop-kick your stupid console and get a gaming PC like the real boys!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules