Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hello.

Hello. (Page 2)
daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Oct 12, 2001, 05:08 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 22, 2004 at 01:45 AM. )

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2001, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by chris_h:
<STRONG>

I have some family up in bozeman. I have a cousin who is a cop there actually. He was on the frontpage of the bozeman paper during that bank robbery a while back (seems like it was at least a year or two ago).

anyway, great town, i'll probably be up that way before too long.

-chris
</STRONG>
Cool, chris, would like to meet someone from MacNN in person, we should have a beer or something...
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Oct 12, 2001, 08:40 PM

Would you have anything to do with the sine -''..- that mods various forums here at macnn?
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Cipher13
Oct 13, 2001, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by AlbertWu:
<STRONG>Would you have anything to do with the sine -''..- that mods various forums here at macnn?</STRONG>
Nope. Different guy. The one in this thread decided he liked our Sine's name

Sine
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2001, 01:29 AM

Originally posted by daimoni:
<STRONG>

Alrighty, then. Here's your hat, what's your hurry? Don't let the door hit ya! See ya! Bye-bye! </STRONG>
I go to many forums.. I usually don't stick to one. And hey.. that's not my hat!

Sine
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2001, 01:31 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
<STRONG>

Nope. Different guy. The one in this thread decided he liked our Sine's name </STRONG>
I've been using the handle "Sinewave" for going on 7 years now sugar tits

Sinewave was taken (probably by me previously) so I just registered Sine.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 13, 2001, 01:32 AM

Welcome aboard. While you're here, why not stop over at the OS X forums. OS X - Gen is pretty active.

Also, for the few I've seen in this thread, image sigs have a size limit. 120x35 pixels and &gt;10KB. Just a 'lil FYI.

When I first joined, image sigs were allowed for about a week then out of no where everyone was getting them taken away and new members couldn't have them. The compromise was to put a size restriction on them.

Have fun!

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2001, 03:23 PM

Good to see the Monkies migrate... the zoo keepers need to clean out our cages more often...

And I hope my sig isn't too big. Genetics, I guess.

JohnKentucky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2001, 12:37 AM

man..I see the macmonkeys have come out in force here.

Sinewave, you didn't make up/invent the phrase "sugar tits"...I have heard it ages ago.

Uhh when you rub sombodies head with your fist.......maybe its just a term us New Englanders use but thats all I know it as.FYI, that was taken from a Simpsons episode.
Noogies did not come originally from the Simpsons. Bill Murray (I think) started it first on Saturday Night Live in a skit about the Lubners. (a family favorite LOL) He did it to Gilda Radner.

Feel free to contact me off forum (info is in my sig) if you so desire. Now... how 'bout you tell us a little about yourself?...
Oh, and feel free to IM me if you have any questions
I also notice that man, you guys here seem to just jump on a new girl here..give her a break!! Let her settle in.

Welcome Trixie, I'm new here too..actually I lurk more than post. I just hope that your intention was just that..to post at a new board. I'll have to check on MM to verify

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2001, 07:00 AM

Originally posted by ctt1wbw:
<STRONG>Good to see the Monkies migrate... the zoo keepers need to clean out our cages more often...

And I hope my sig isn't too big. Genetics, I guess. </STRONG>
That .sig is bigger than Ca$h's ego. Resize...

And I'm - - e r i k - -, btw I think I had introduced myself earlier in the thread, but I guess I was wrong. Or perhaps it was the server/time/space anomaly (or even hack) that did away with it. Or perhaps I'm just lazy...

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [♬] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2001, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by davesimondotcom:
<STRONG>

What were you ON when you posted this, maxelson? (and where can I get some?)

To prove that I am the not quite opposite of maxelson:

Although I am clean shaven guy who has never read Moby Dick, I love puppies and salt...

</STRONG>
PUPPIES AND SALT? Salty puppies? Puppysalt? Moby Salt Puppies?
Di... nevemind.
Wasn't on nuthin'. Was seriously lacking in coffee at the time, Dave, and we ALL know what THAT leads to... craziness, man, craziness.
Trix, Dave is another completely neutral fellow who expresses his lack of opinion as oft as possible. In fact, we do enjoy expressing our neutrality to each other regularly here in the forum. Sometimes, our complete lack of opinion is, well, stunning, wouldnt you say, there, Dave, my friend?

Dave, you da man.
(had enough java this AM and got enough sleep last night and completely ignored the news all weekend so I am feeling the love... now if only those friggin' Yankees would lose tonight, all would be cosmic-ly correct...)

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2001, 10:54 AM

Hello.

I think you'll find a bunch of goofballs here, myself happily included.

Oh, BTW, if you ever want to get a response to your post, just start it out with something like "While paging through Moby Dick and enjoying a Swedish pastry, I wondered just how hard it would be to up the clock speed on my Yosemite..." -- that'll get maxelson to come over quick.

and max, loved your intro...too bad you couldn't get some swanky dating game music for that intro...ah, parody...

T

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2001, 11:36 AM

Timo, I gots that musak in my soul...
Oh... and never overclock with abandon without theres a can of Freezit nearby... oooo... the smell... not nice.

Trixalia  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2001, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by JohnKentucky:
<STRONG>Welcome Trixie, I'm new here too..actually I lurk more than post. I just hope that your intention was just that..to post at a new board. I'll have to check on MM to verify </STRONG>
Yes, my intentions are indeed good...I promise! And let me just add a disclaimer that the views and opinions expressed by my MacMonkey friends are not necessarily mine.

cheerios
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2001, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
<STRONG>Timo, I gots that musak in my soul...
Oh... and never overclock with abandon without theres a can of Freezit nearby... oooo... the smell... not nice.</STRONG>
What's freezit?? and how the heck do you overclock "with abandon?" Does this involve massive soldering and flinging of silocon? I can imagine someone dancing around with their soldering iron red hot, in the early morn... Ok, ok, I'm just gonna stop being incoherent, and go back to celebrating kicking the ass of my physics exam
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 15, 2001, 12:56 PM

Hey Trix, long time no see. Welcome.
Nemo me impune lacesset

cheerios
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2001, 12:59 PM

Think! long time, no see, yourself! How're you and Ruby doin'?
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 15, 2001, 01:05 PM

All is well. Now that the forums have sped up, I can post again. A shady dial-up + super slow fourms= No ThinkInsane
Nemo me impune lacesset

FormerLurker
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2001, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by cheerios:
<STRONG>
Ok, ok, I'm just gonna stop being incoherent, and go back to celebrating kicking the ass of my physics exam </STRONG>
Since when are celebration and incoherence mutually exclusive?

congrats on the exam

cheerios
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2001, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by FormerLurker:
<STRONG>

Since when are celebration and incoherence mutually exclusive?

congrats on the exam </STRONG>
Thankee much, and I guess they aren't... I've got both goin' on right now I'm sitting here, laughing hysterically over various things in the Lounge, and my roomie things I've lost it. Ah, she finally learns the truth...

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2001, 01:21 PM

<STRONG>Moby Dick is the single greatest work of the twentieth and ninteenth centuries and is actually quite useful in predicting assassinations, downfalls of various civilizations and DNS attacks.
Welcome.</STRONG>
Moby Dick? No way!

maybe the "ninteenth" centurty, but not the twentieth.

Lord of the Rings?
1984?
to mention a few....
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2001, 01:23 PM

BTW:

I am GUMBY....i am neither green nor flexible.

and now you know, the rest of the story...

Good day

and
Welcome.

EDIT: what ever happened to andipandi?

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: gumby5647 ]
4GB RAM
160GB

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2001, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by Trixalia:
<STRONG>it sounds like a bad Neil Diamond song. </STRONG>
Is there such a thing???

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2001, 02:36 PM

<STRONG>

What's freezit?? and how the heck do you overclock "with abandon?" Does this involve massive soldering and flinging of silocon? I can imagine someone dancing around with their soldering iron red hot, in the early morn... Ok, ok, I'm just gonna stop being incoherent, and go back to celebrating kicking the ass of my physics exam </STRONG>
What's Freezit? Yah, when I started working here, I had the same question. The answer was "whadya think?". Yep- it is just a spray used to keep the cold on. And yeah, I'll admit, when theres not much in the works here, there is a little... ummm... Frankensteinian experimentation going on. Once got a Performa 6100 chucked up to smokin'. Managed to play a little Quake 2 (effectively) until stuff started melting.. oooo, the blue smoke! It's pretty, but it does not smell too nice. I am no expert at it (others in my office are), but there is a little "wreckless abandon" to be had when the equipment is only going to be junked anyway. Mights well have some fun with it before the burial at sea... more oft than not, it goes out with a bang...
I used to love kicking out an ace on an exam. I stood up after my first Mac Technician exam, kicked the computer, slapped the monitor and hollared, "Zat ALL you GOT?!?" Of course, I was truly humbled on the next part of the exam- CRTs. While I passed (more than), the result sheet rather gently prodded me to brush up on CRT safety. I did. Only been zapped twice since then! Uh- huh!
Them bats is smart... they use radar!

Oh. And overclocking nekkid? Not good. Bad Nekkid.

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: maxelson ]

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2001, 03:43 PM

Oh. And overclocking nekkid? Not good. Bad Nekkid.
LOL! It's the amazing two-threads-into-one trick. Clap clap!

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2001, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by Timo:
<STRONG>

LOL! It's the amazing two-threads-into-one trick. Clap clap!</STRONG>
As it has been said, "Yes, well, we're here to help." We are all about clever and convenient consolidation... and alliteration. We're all about that, too.

Sine
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2001, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by JohnKentucky:
<STRONG>man..I see the macmonkeys have come out in force here.

Sinewave, you didn't make up/invent the phrase "sugar tits"...I have heard it ages ago.
</STRONG>
It was sarcasm

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2001, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by gumby5647:
<STRONG>

Moby Dick? No way!

maybe the "ninteenth" centurty, but not the twentieth.

</STRONG>
I know. Said that. I included the 20th because I think it outbangs most lit. Period.
Love the whale. Got to love the whale. And overclocking. And Cheerios. She's fun. Got to love her. Bright, shining beauty rife with humor and intelligence and good will. And cheese( we all know the desolation that would be a world sans fromage, do we not). And alliterration. And coffee. What time is it? Oooo. 10:30. Know what that means, dotcha? Coffee.

Well, Bob, I'd have to say that my ideal date would be with a woman named cheerios, reading Moby Dick in pdf on a responsibly overclocked Mac, musing on like consonant sounds while enjoying a nice port and perhaps some well aged vintage Vermont cheddar and macouns. Afterwards, we'd both snuggle by the pale glow of the CRT and drink a nice steamy Sumatran Mandheling.

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: maxelson ]

cheerios
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2001, 01:14 PM

<STRONG>

I know. Said that. I included the 20th because I think it outbangs most lit. Period.
Love the whale. Got to love the whale. And overclocking. And Cheerios. She's fun. Got to love her. Bright, shining beauty rife with humor and intelligence and good will. And cheese( we all know the desolation that would be a world sans fromage, do we not). And alliterration. And coffee. What time is it? Oooo. 10:30. Know what that means, dotcha? Coffee.

Well, Bob, I'd have to say that my ideal date would be with a woman named cheerios, reading Moby Dick in pdf on a responsibly overclocked Mac, musing on like consonant sounds while enjoying a nice port and perhaps some well aged vintage Vermont cheddar and macouns. Afterwards, we'd both snuggle by the pale glow of the CRT and drink a nice steamy Sumatran Mandheling.

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: maxelson ]</STRONG>

You know, I read this post earlier, and totally missed the fact I was involved in it in any way... :o Thanks, I think, Maxelson... Only thing is, no interest in reading Moby Dick, and I don't much like cheddar cheese! Plus, I think John'd be a tad jealous, if I galavanted off to eat chese and drink port with another mac user! Thank you much for the complements, though (You'll never meet a female willing to turn down a good complement!) By the way, what is Sumatran Mandheling???

PS: may want to ease up on the coffee, dude, it's doin' wierd stuff to your brain!

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2001, 01:35 PM

<STRONG>

You know, I read this post earlier, and totally missed the fact I was involved in it in any way... :o Thanks, I think, Maxelson... Only thing is, no interest in reading Moby Dick, and I don't much like cheddar cheese! Plus, I think John'd be a tad jealous, if I galavanted off to eat chese and drink port with another mac user! Thank you much for the complements, though (You'll never meet a female willing to turn down a good complement!) By the way, what is Sumatran Mandheling???

PS: may want to ease up on the coffee, dude, it's doin' wierd stuff to your brain! </STRONG>
All fun in good company, cheerios!
And DAMN Woman! READ the Moby Dick! PLEASE! You cannot understand what you're missing!
Perhaps a nice Swedish Farmers cheese?
... and never, but NEVER would I attempt to sidle in on a clearly excellent relationship. But hey- if it's just port and cheese, bring Juan along!
I compliment where compliments are due. And you're right- never had a female turn down an honest and non ulterior (ly?) motivated compliment. No ulteriors here. Well, for one thing, my wife would kick my ass... and she could (I've admitted that before, nothing has changed).
Sumatran Mandheling: coffee. A little on the smokey side, a tad syrupy in consistency. Earthy tones. Tastes best with a full city roast, though I love it French-ly roasted. Great after dinner.
... and madam, the wierd stuff in my brain was there long before the coffee. It coexists with the rest of my psyche in a glorious symbiotic symphony.
Jeez. I have been awfully wierd lately, haven't I?
Lack of sleep. The baby is going through round three in teething. http://homepage.mac.com/maxelson/Events1.html
Could also be the level of conversation in the "baby house". Ever live with a baby for any length of time? Wooogy, booogy.

xyber233
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2001, 01:55 PM

This thread is getting a little sidetracked . Hehe.

cheerios
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2001, 02:05 PM

nah, it's just showing what zany characters we are, by demonstration! Maxelson, your baby's adorable, and yeah, I've spent a LOT of time around babies, I know how teething goes... I think the only thing worse is ear infections...
Moby Dick is really, THAT good? I dunno... a story about a guy runnin' (sailin'?) around after a whale??? I'll give it a shot when I find time, (aka, oooh... in a couple years?) but I'm not holdin' my breath... me and classics don't tend to get along... too much analization in highschool honors english... i can't sit and ENJOY a book anymore.. I end up noticing what the green light symbolizes or the fact that Te guy in t4he short story's name is Young GOODman Brown... ugh, too many bad memories!! :runs screaming from the lounge: Sad part is, I'm an avid reader, but I havn't touched a book in... oh...months?

edit: John says, and i quote: "I tried reading Moby Dick once... it sucked!"

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: cheerios ]

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2001, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by xyber233:
<STRONG>This thread is getting a little sidetracked . Hehe.</STRONG>
When don't they get sidetracked?
4GB RAM
160GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules