Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Where will the iPhone be in Six Months?

Where will the iPhone be in Six Months?
Koralatov
Senior User
Mar 25, 2008, 04:11 PM

Chasing up whether or not I can get an eMac repaired under the Repair Extension Program (I can’t—it’s just outside the three-year cut-off), I was given a £54 money-off voucher for any purchase over £180. I’m pretty set on putting it towards an iPhone (and thus my previous question is null and void). However, the voucher’s valid for six months (meaning it expires near the end of September this year, meaning there’s less of a time-constraint on buying it than I had previously.

As such, I’m thinking: do I buy the 16GB now, or wait a few months and see what comes out in the intervening time? I’m not really too bothered about 3G (though it would be nice if there’s any truth to the iChat rumours), but I’d hate to miss out on a reasonable speed-bump or capacity upgrade whilst I still have a valid voucher.

Any ideas/thoughts about when the next version/upgrade will be released? Will it be in the next five or so months, or will it be after that?

gradient
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2008, 10:43 PM

No offense, but I've completely lost track of how many times this question (or questions very similar to it) has been asked. Most recently.... http://forums.macnn.com/103/ipod-iph...wait-6-months/

Forum Links
Forum Rules