Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Should Romney Attack Obama For Losing The USA's Top Credit Rating?

View Poll Results: Should Romney Attack Obama For Losing The USA's Top Credit Rating?
Poll Options:
Yes 2 votes (50.00%)
No 2 votes (50.00%)
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll
Should Romney Attack Obama For Losing The USA's Top Credit Rating?
kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2012, 10:06 AM

Should Romney Attack Obama For Losing The USA's Top Credit Rating?

This is the very first time it has ever happened.

If Romney attacks Obama for letting this happen during his administration will it look like Romney is making a racist attack on BO?

Standard & Poor's has cut the US credit rating for the first time in history, saying the country's politicians are increasingly unable to come to grips with its massive fiscal deficit and debt load.

S&P on Friday cut the US rating from its top-flight triple-A one notch to AA+, and added a negative outlook to it, saying there was a chance it could be downgraded again within two years if progress is not made cutting the huge government budget gap.

It said the "political brinkmanship" of recent months shows that governance in the country is becoming "less stable, less effective, and less predictable," raising the risks that it one day might not honour its debt.

It was the first time the US was downgraded since it received an AAA rating from Moody's in 1917; it has held the S&P rating since 1941
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/us-loses-top-credit-rating-for-first-time-20110806-1ig7b.html

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2012, 10:18 AM

Should Mitt Romney release his tax returns?

So far he has release one partially completed tax return. Guess Mitt will go back and retroactively change it later.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Should Mitt Romney release his tax returns?
So far he has release one partially completed tax return. Guess Mitt will go back and retroactively change it later.
Careful there, hyteckit, you are projecting.

Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings.[1]

Projection reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted unconscious impulses or desires without letting the conscious mind recognize them.

An example of this behavior might be blaming another for self failure. The mind may avoid the discomfort of consciously admitting personal faults by keeping those feelings unconscious, and by redirecting libidinal satisfaction by attaching, or "projecting," those same faults onto another person or object.
For you to say that about Mitt Romney, who would be the LAST person who'd be likely to do such a thing, says more about YOU than it does about him.

I remember when SNL cast member Fred Armison was first trying to imitate Barack Obama. He couldn't seem to get BO's voice right. He kept trying to add a little bit of a 'gangsta' or 'ghetto black' accent to BO's speech. The problem was that type of accent didn't fit...Obama doesn't have an 'American ghetto accent' and it took Armison a while to figure that out.

What you and maybe some others here are doing is similar to what Armison was doing...you are trying to label Mitt with characteristics that just don't fit reality. And it shows that you haven't paid attention to who Romney is. You think he's just another dirty politician. And you seem to revel in that stereotype which one could argue reflects your own darker vision but has little resemblance to the reality of who Mitt Romney really is.

Like pigs rolling around in slop, the Obama supporters seem eager to ascribe to their opponent any and every vile, low, ugly, petty and dirty motive and tactic without regard to whether it is true or not.

I feel sad for you and your desperate, dirty ilk.

And BTW, your comments are off-topic.

andi*pandi
Aug 15, 2012, 10:53 AM

Your own comments are even more so.

If he did call Obama out for this, why would it be racist? Come now.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2012, 10:55 AM

Actually you are projecting.

I don't think you know what projecting means.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2012, 10:57 AM

"Racist attack" foolishness aside ....

The larger question is why the OP seems to think the House GOP had nothing whatsoever to do with it? Especially since raising the debt ceiling was absolutely necessary to pay for the legislation most of those House GOP members had already voted for.

OAW

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2012, 11:03 AM

Psychological projection is when gay Republicans/conservatives speak out against gays and gay marriages.

Man, that Paul Ryan. What a stud.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Your own comments are even more so.
If he did call Obama out for this, why would it be racist? Come now.
That's the point, andi*pandi, it wouldn't be racially motivated but BO's fans might SAY it's a racially motivated attack.

People generally believe blacks are more likely to have bad credit than the average consumer. The word on the street might be that because 'black folks have bad credit' and Obama is black, any attack levied on Obama because of this lowered rating might be racially inspired.

Obama's misguided fans would likely say an attack on him because of the part he played in allowing the credit rating to fall is an unwarranted attack due to the fact that he is black.

Or they might feign offense at such a 'blatant racial attack.'

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2012, 02:48 PM

Actually you are projecting.
I don't think you know what projecting means.
I posted a definition.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
The larger question is why the OP seems to think the House GOP had nothing whatsoever to do with it? Especially since raising the debt ceiling was absolutely necessary to pay for the legislation most of those House GOP members had already voted for.
OAW
Back up your assertions and suppositions with credible proof and/or links.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2012, 02:53 PM

Psychological projection is when gay Republicans/conservatives speak out against gays and gay marriages.
Trying to practice cleverness? Keep practicing.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2012, 03:03 PM

What? Are you insinuating there's something wrong with being gay?

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post
What? Are you insinuating there's something wrong with being gay?
I'm just merely providing an example of projecting.

I don't know how you interpret what I've said to be anything negative of gays. You must be projecting.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post
I posted a definition.
Posting the definition and understand the definite are two separate things.

Your example of projecting isn't projecting. I've provided you with an example of what projecting means.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2012, 06:34 PM

Posting the definition and understand the definite are two separate things.
Your example of projecting isn't projecting. I've provided you with an example of what projecting means.
I'm sorry you are unable to really 'get' what I'm getting at. Maybe you were raised on the streets of Nairobi or Jakarta?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 15, 2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
OAW
That's what kills me. I'm sure the GOP will manipulate the public as Abe has suggested, but AFAIK both Romney and Paul were for the Bush tax cuts, the wars, Medicare-D, and whatever other expensive stuff has added to our debt so substantially I'm failing to remember right now (and probably more so than any Obama policy).

If the GOP has adopted this debt thing as their religion, why aren't they throwing these policies under the bus?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2012, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
That's what kills me. I'm sure the GOP will manipulate the public as Abe has suggested, but AFAIK both Romney and Paul were for the Bush tax cuts, the wars, Medicare-D, and whatever other expensive stuff has added to our debt so substantially I'm failing to remember right now (and probably more so than any Obama policy). 

If the GOP has adopted this debt thing as their religion, why aren't they throwing these policies under the bus?
Exactly. What ABE and a lot of our other good friends on the right fail (or pretend not) to realize is that the lion's share of federal spending is NOT a year by year proposition. There are policies that were supported and voted for by GOP representatives and senators that directly led to the massive deficits we face. Medicare Part D, the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars, even TARP .... all of which were paid for on the federal credit card before Obama even took office. And along with that all of these Republicans frothing at the mouth about the deficit now that Obama is in office didn't have a word to say about it during the Bush Administration ... especially since they voted for the Bush Tax Cuts which dramatically reduced federal revenue. With the exception of TARP, those massive spending sprees are RECURRING EXPENSES. GOP economic policy during the Bush Administration was tantamount to going on a massive shopping spree on the credit card ... deciding to go from a full-time to a part-time job ... and then wondering why the bills aren't getting paid!

Bear in mind that President Obama inherited a $1.2 trillion dollar deficit. The vast majority of which was the result of existing policy that the GOP supported. Think about that for a second. If Congress hadn't passed and President Obama hadn't signed a single law that spent one additional dime beyond existing legislation .... the country would STILL be facing trillion dollar deficits year after year. Which brings me back to my original point. Because the country was facing additional bills that were coming due as a result of this EXISTING LEGISLATION supported by the GOP ... it was height of irresponsibility for them to refuse to pay for those bills by raising the debt ceiling. That being said, things are moving in the right direction with respect to this issue ....

OAW

Forum Links
Forum Rules