Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
kyles_mac
Dec 3, 2004, 12:28 PM

Maybe this has been covered already...but I was using Shapeshifter 2.0 for customization, but the trial ran out. Does anyone know of any cracks, or even another program that can do the same thing that Shapeshifter does?

I'm a poor college student, and I honestly can't afford to buy the full version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2004, 12:51 PM

Bad place to ask, the Devs frequent this forum and I'm sure MacNN doesn't condone stealing.

Get a Job, save your pennies or ask someone to get it for you for Xmas.
click one

FB Eye
Senior User
Dec 3, 2004, 01:07 PM

Haven't tried it, but I heard about ShameShifter. Does the same thing as ShapeShifter but without paying for it...

Blacktiger
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2004, 01:08 PM

Dude, SS is a great program and you can't be so poor you don't have $20. Pay for it, it's worth it. Oh yea, and it is dumb to ask on such a public place where the guys who make SS frequent!

If you are looking for a free alternative you could try Theme Changer, but there is a good chance that you will hose your system since it hasn't been updated in about a year.
--
Concentrate on the solution, not the
problem.

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2004, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by FB Eye:
Haven't tried it, but I heard about ShameShifter. Does the same thing as ShapeShifter but without paying for it...
Yeah, I heard about that one. How often do we need to recommend it? Too often it seems.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

joltguy
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2004, 01:48 PM

If you're going to college AND you own a Macintosh, you're probably not that poor. Cough up the $20 or just use Aqua... it rocks anyway.

idle
Forum Regular
Dec 3, 2004, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by kyles_mac:

I'm a poor college student, and I honestly can't afford to buy the full version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Or participate in contents (that is what i did). Saves you the pennies (but not the work though). And i agree, not the best place to ask for such a thing. Save 10 beers you drink in your sparetime and you can easily afford ShapeShifter. know your priorities. Oh, and "no" there is nothing else like ShapeShifter eventhough some claim there will be but that still has to see the light of the day (and then won't be available for free).

siMac
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2004, 02:15 PM

If there's one app you really should pay for it's ShapeShifter. It only seems fair - for a program that you run 100% of the time $20 ain't that much...
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

Anubis IV
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2004, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by idle:
Oh, and "no" there is nothing else like ShapeShifter eventhough some claim there will be but that still has to see the light of the day (and then won't be available for free).
Referring to Duality 5? I think they actually said that they'd try to develop a free and a paid version. The free one would theme but do little else, while the pay version would have stuff like icon changing and whatnot.
"The captured hunter hunts your mind."
Profanity is the tool of the illiterate.

FB Eye
Senior User
Dec 3, 2004, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by Anubis IV:
Referring to Duality 5? I think they actually said that they'd try to develop a free and a paid version. The free one would theme but do little else, while the pay version would have stuff like icon changing and whatnot.
Yeah, I've read that too over at urbanlegends.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules