Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators!

The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators! (Page 12)
andi*pandi
Oct 5, 2016, 05:49 PM

Sure, what's one more liar?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 5, 2016, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
Pence for president, anyone?
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Pence said his role model is Cheney and that's legitimately one of the most terrifying things I've heard this election.
Today in "Why am I destined to hate Mike Pence's guts?"
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/m...q4#.qaoQ1LzJM1
The guy is Ted Cruz light. At best. At worst:
State Laws Require Burial or Cremation for Aborted and Miscarried Fetuses - The Atlantic
But Pence signed one anti-abortion bill in March of this year that was so extreme, even some pro-life Republicans opposed it. And it was eventually blocked from going into effect by a federal judge for violating women’s right to choose.

The law did something truly bizarre. It would have basically forced women to seek funerary services for a fetus — whether she’d had an abortion or a miscarriage, and no matter how far along the pregnancy was.

The law Pence backed would have required all fetal tissue to be cremated or buried, an unprecedented measure in state law. The law also banned abortion if the fetus had a "disability" — which would have denied women the right to end a pregnancy even in case of serious fetal anomalies.

The wording of the burial provision meant that technically, even if a woman had a miscarriage at eight weeks of pregnancy at home, she would have to keep the blood and tissue, take it to a hospital or clinic, and have it buried or cremated by a funeral home. The law would have also dramatically increased the cost of an abortion, since providers would have had to spend time and money on arranging the funerary services.
I won't bother with the LGBT stuff, but you can imagine.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 5, 2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Sure, what's one more liar?
Heh, that's a good point, kinda funny to float him after him spent a good portion of the 90 min doing Trump level reality denial about the campaigns positions.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2016, 05:47 AM

Heh, that's a good point, kinda funny to float him after him spent a good portion of the 90 min doing Trump level reality denial about the campaigns positions.
That likely wouldn't have happened if the media hadn't spent the last 6 months manipulating everything he said.

Gallup poll: Public confidence in media falls to all-time low - POLITICO

It's almost into single digits now.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2016, 08:55 AM

I wonder if we have some responsibility to correct the media.

Take Sean Hannity, for example. He says he is not a journalist. He has basically become a Donald Trump surrogate. Do we need purely partisan opinion guys on TV? I'd say that if they are entertaining, maybe (especially if they are presented accordingly), but then is somebody like Hannity actually entertaining to non-partisans? Really, I can find partisan opinion just about anywhere, so it doesn't do much for me personally.

Maybe it is time to up our game and not just bitch and moan about bias (which is going to be pretty much impossible to eliminate entirely), but draw the line at paid surrogates?

For that matter, interviewing actual surrogates doesn't do much for me either so long as they just unconditionally deflect and defend without offering any sort of honest concessions.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2016, 09:20 AM

Heres a source to see who is lying in the media...

NewsBusters |

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2016, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post

Take Sean Hannity, for example. He says he is not a journalist. He has basically become a Donald Trump surrogate. Do we need purely partisan opinion guys on TV? I'd say that if they are entertaining, maybe (especially if they are presented accordingly), but then is somebody like Hannity actually entertaining to non-partisans? Really, I can find partisan opinion just about anywhere, so it doesn't do much for me personally.

Maybe it is time to up our game and not just bitch and moan about bias (which is going to be pretty much impossible to eliminate entirely), but draw the line at paid surrogates?

For that matter, interviewing actual surrogates doesn't do much for me either so long as they just unconditionally deflect and defend without offering any sort of honest concessions.
What makes MSNBC different from FNC? It's become known as MSDNC
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2016, 12:34 PM

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2016, 12:47 PM

Oh now this is CLASSIC!!

Donald Trump's attempt to show Nevadans he knows the correct pronunciation of their state's name -- a touchy local issue -- backfired on Wednesday, prompting a sharp rebuke from Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nevada.

"Heroin overdoses are surging and meth overdoses in Nevada," the Republican presidential nominee told a Reno crowd. Trump repeated the word, pronouncing it "ne-VAH-da."

"Nevada. And you know what I said? I said, when I came out here, I said, nobody says it the other way. It has to be Nevada, right?" Trump said.

"And if you don't say it correctly -- and it didn't happen to me, happened to a friend of mine, he was killed," indicating he was aware the state's pronunciation is of particular interest to residents.

One problem: It did happen to Trump. Nevadans were quick to point out that Trump had it backwards -- and few did so more sharply than Reid.

"If Trump wants to come down from the penthouse his daddy bought him to lecture us on Nevada, he could at least pronounce it correctly," the retiring Democratic senator tweeted.

That pronunciation is like "Nev-AD-a."
Donald Trump's lesson in 'Nevada' pronunciation backfires - CNNPolitics.com

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 6, 2016, 01:22 PM

Meh.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2016, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
What makes MSNBC different from FNC? It's become known as MSDNC

I don't pay attention to MSNBC, so I couldn't come up with an example of a Hillary surrogate. Why does it matter though, my point stands. Include MSNBC if you want, I don't care, my point applies to all major media.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 6, 2016, 02:37 PM

Take Sean Hannity, for example. He says he is not a journalist. He has basically become a Donald Trump surrogate. Do we need purely partisan opinion guys on TV?
Where would you place Jon Stewart?

andi*pandi
Oct 6, 2016, 02:41 PM

Fox news is a series of blogs ghostwritten by Rupert Murdoch.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Where would you place Jon Stewart?

A partisan entertainer who used to be on a comedy cable channel, but even then he was never a partisan surrogate of Obama's. He went after him from time to time. We can agree or disagree about his level of bias, but again, we're not talking about bias, I'm talking about setting a baseline of not providing a platform to paid campaign surrogates.

I'm talking about literal surrogates, not figurative ones.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2016, 03:20 PM

To me surrogates can be identified by how they behave when they are pressed on criticism of candidates during election season. All candidates have vulnerabilities, but if the political figure does not acknowledge them, deflect, counter with a partisan attack, etc. perhaps that person should be questioned as being a valid source of objective commentary.

I mean, listen to the campaign managers and you'll notice that they pretty much *never* admit to a weakness or vulnerability, that is their job. Surrogates are basically additional campaign managers, sometimes disguised as being something they aren't. If you want to interview a surrogate, make it clear who that person is.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2016, 11:04 AM

How about the debate 'moderators' helping Dim Kaine and Hillary? Where do you put them?

andi*pandi
Oct 7, 2016, 11:08 AM

in your imagination?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2016, 11:45 AM

I think it's fair to say Republicans get a tougher time from the press than Democrats.

Contrast Hillary's contribution to the Birther movement compared to George W's contribution to the "John McCain has a bastard black child" movement.

The degrees of separation are equivalent, but Hillary gets the benefit of the media rigorously establishing the separation.

Bush gets "Bush did it".

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2016, 01:40 PM

Apparently Donald Trump still thinks the Central Park 5 are "guilty" even though they were exonerated with DNA evidence. Because they "confessed".

Reality Check: Donald Trump and the Central Park 5 - CNNPolitics.com

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 7, 2016, 01:43 PM

Trumps big on 'no take backsies'

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2016, 02:18 PM

I'm sure he never asks for mulligans.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 7, 2016, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I'm sure he never asks for mulligans.
He'll take them with no admitting of wrongdoing.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2016, 02:24 PM

They gave me a faulty club!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 7, 2016, 04:26 PM

Surprise!

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2016, 05:10 PM

I imagine we just might be hearing the terms "sexism", "misogyny", and perhaps even "rape culture" in Sunday's debate behind all this ...

Donald Trump bragged about trying to have sex with a married woman and being able to grope women in previously unaired footage from 2005 that surfaced on Friday.

Trump is heard discussing women in vulgar terms during off-camera banter during the taping of a segment for "Access Hollywood," footage which was obtained by The Washington Post.

Trump dismissed the comments as "locker room banter" in a statement released by his campaign and sought to immediately deflect criticism onto the husband of his opponent Hillary Clinton.

The comments immediately raised the stakes for Sunday's highly anticipated debate between Trump and Clinton. The Democratic nominee has spent months portraying Trump as demeaning toward women and the emergence of the remarks could hand her -- and viewers in the town hall audience -- more evidence to make that point.

The remarks prompted Trump -- for the first time in his nearly 16-month campaign -- to apologize.

"This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course - not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended," Trump said in a statement released Friday.

Clinton's campaign quickly condemned Trump over the remarks.

"This is horrific. We cannot allow this man to become president," Clinton tweeted.

Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine, campaigning in Las Vegas, said Trump's comments "makes me sick to my stomach."

"I don't like to say the words that he's used in the past when he calls women, 'pigs, dogs and slobs' ... but this is behavior that's just outrageous and so that there would be a news story that would have more statements like this of this kind, I mean, gosh, I'm sad to say that I'm not surprised," Kaine said. "I should be surprised and shocked. I'm sad to say that I'm not."

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful -- I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait," Trump says in the recording.

"And when you're a star they let you do it," Trump says. "You can do anything."

"I did try and f*ck her. She was married," Trump says in one portion of the footage published by the Post.

Trump then goes on to say that "when you're a star ... you can do anything."

"Grab them by the p*ssy," Trump says. "You can do anything."
Trump bragged on hot mic about being able to grope women - CNNPolitics.com

And now in the aftermath of Trump's latest political fiasco ....

1. Try to make it about a Clinton? Check!

2. Blame it on the media? Check!

Trump may not like to prep for political debates. But clearly he's been hitting the books hard in Republican 101!

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Oct 7, 2016 at 06:28 PM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 7, 2016, 05:26 PM

But... but... Bill!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 7, 2016, 07:23 PM

The cat heads =

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2016, 09:38 PM

Well Paul Ryan and the state party's support in WI is gone.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2016, 10:36 PM

So, how is this new? All it does is confirm what everyone has already knew. Meanwhile Hillary and the Clinton Foundation take money from governments that do far worse to women.
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 7, 2016, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Well Paul Ryan and the state party's support in WI is gone.
But he'll still give him his vote. Anyway, if Pence is there, does it really count as pulling support?

Speaking of Pence, he ignored reporters asking him about Trump's comments. I'm surprised he didn't shake his head and tell them he didn't say that.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2016, 12:33 AM

"Grab them by the p*ssy!"

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2016, 12:47 AM

The gloves are off
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2016, 12:58 AM

I suspect that for a lot of people in the electorate "sexual assault" is much more than a "distraction".

OAW

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2016, 01:07 AM

It was a bit rapey.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 8, 2016, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
I suspect that for a lot of people in the electorate "sexual assault" is much more than a "distraction".

OAW
At least, let's say, 50%?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2016, 03:37 AM

So, how is this new? All it does is confirm what everyone has already knew. Meanwhile Hillary and the Clinton Foundation take money from governments that do far worse to women.
Is there not anything he can do that doesn't result in your defending him or trying to deflect things to be about Hillary?

Trump is a simply terrible human being, and you are no Christian if you don't find the video completely appalling.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2016, 03:42 AM

This clip of CNN talking heads is spectacular.

Not safe for places where you can't say "pussy".

https://mobile.twitter.com/SethAbram...644800/video/1

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2016, 04:02 AM

The gloves are off
It reads like a hostage video.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2016, 04:18 AM

P
Oct 8, 2016, 04:48 AM

So, how is this new? All it does is confirm what everyone has already knew.
It is a bit worse than what we knew, but that's not the point. Not everyone has paid attention to a year of primaries, and now this comes up again, so a few more might see it.

Tactically it means that Trump loses time. He's behind with less than a month to go, and now he loses some more time before he can begin to try to dig himself out of that hole.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2016, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by P View Post
It is a bit worse than what we knew
I think "few should find this in the least bit surprising" may be a better way to put it.

As much as I'm enjoying the drama, I actually am surprised by how much people are losing their shit over it. Especially notable Republicans.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2016, 05:32 AM

There's got to be more stuff coming, too. I have to hand it to the Democrats for snookering me into thinking they didn't have any gas, when all along they've been playing one of the most disciplined long-games in American political history.

I didn't think they had it in them, which is exactly what they wanted me to think.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2016, 06:26 AM

Is there not anything he can do that doesn't result in your defending him or trying to deflect things to be about Hillary?

Trump is a simply terrible human being, and you are no Christian if you don't find the video completely appalling.
You don't get it. It has never been about about how terrible a human Trump is. It's about about how terrible a human beings the Clintons are. And don't give me the "Bill is not running" BS, because you get both. "We are the President!" Look for the ads detailing how Hillary led the campaign to silence anyone who dared to accuse her ticket to power.

The Hillary Tapes - Washington Free Beacon
Arkansas rape victim comes forward after 40 years to call Hillary Clinton a ‘liar’ | Daily Mail Online
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2016, 07:05 AM

I find it hard to believe that people don't watch enough legal drama on TV to understand what a defence lawyers job is and how dirty it can get. I suggest you watch a season or two of The Practice.
Plus we're talking 40+ years ago. People learn and change on that kind of timescale, especially when they do things like have kids or serve as Secretary of State.

Trump on the other hand said these things recently. And we all know he could have said the yesterday too and would feel no shame or remorse in saying them again tomorrow. He didn't even apologise properly.
Never mind attacking Hillary for doing her job 40 years ago, Trump today has more in common with the man she defended.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2016, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I think "few should find this in the least bit surprising" may be a better way to put it.

As much as I'm enjoying the drama, I actually am surprised by how much people are losing their shit over it. Especially notable Republicans.
Is that because you don't think they should or because they haven't bothered losing their shit at anything else he's done?
If they are losing it, seems they are finally acting appropriately.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2016, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I find it hard to believe that people don't watch enough legal drama on TV to understand what a defence lawyers job is and how dirty it can get. I suggest you watch a season or two of The Practice.
Plus we're talking 40+ years ago. People learn and change on that kind of timescale, especially when they do things like have kids or serve as Secretary of State.

Trump on the other hand said these things recently. And we all know he could have said the yesterday too and would feel no shame or remorse in saying them again tomorrow. He didn't even apologise properly.
Never mind attacking Hillary for doing her job 40 years ago, Trump today has more in common with the man she defended.
Apparently Hillary hasn't learn anything because the Clinton Foundation took money from countries that practice Sharia while she was SOS. Do you need an explanation what men are allowed to do to women under Sharia?
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2016, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post

OAW
Ask Bill.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2016, 11:30 AM

The SCOTUS, the SCOTUS

Originally Posted by Franklin Graham

The crude comments made by Donald J. Trump more than 11 years ago cannot be defended. But the godless progressive agenda of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton likewise cannot be defended. I am not endorsing any candidates in this election. I have said it throughout this presidential campaign, and I will say it again—both candidates are flawed. The only hope for the United States is God. Our nation’s many sins have permeated our society, leading us to where we are today. But as Christians we can’t back down from our responsibility to remain engaged in the politics of our nation. On November 8th we will all have a choice to make. The two candidates have very different visions for the future of America. The most important issue of this election is the Supreme Court. That impacts everything. There’s no question, Trump and Clinton scandals might be news for the moment, but who they appoint to the Supreme Court will remake the fabric of our society for our children and our grandchildren, for generations to come.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2016, 12:01 PM

45/47

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 8, 2016, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Is that because you don't think they should or because they haven't bothered losing their shit at anything else he's done?
If they are losing it, seems they are finally acting appropriately.
Little of column A, little of column B.

It has that feeling of a couple who breaks up, and one (or both) point to a singular incident as the cause.

That's always bullshit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules