Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Prediction: Israel is attacked in the next 1.5 years? No, it's Paris, France.

Prediction: Israel is attacked in the next 1.5 years? No, it's Paris, France. (Page 3)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 21, 2015, 09:45 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...the-holocaust/
Then Netanyahu delivered this jaw-dropping assertion:

“Hitler didn’t want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jews. And Haj Amin al-Husseini went to Hitler and said, ‘If you expel them, they'll all come here.’ ‘So what should I do with them?’ he asked. He said, ‘Burn them.’

Netanyahu said the Mufti of Jerusalem had “a central role in fomenting the final solution.”
Well, this will improve things.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2015, 11:37 AM

Jewish historians ripped him a new one in that article. Clearly Netenyahu will say anything to promote his political agenda.

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 21, 2015, 11:42 AM

Palestinians are worse than Nazis in his mind. Literally.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2015, 12:50 PM

All for being the indigenous inhabitants of the area European Jews settled in. And having the nerve to not simply accept being dispossessed of their own land.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2015, 07:32 PM

From ten years ago.
Hitler’s Mufti by David G. Dalin | Articles | First Things
In 1943 al-Husseini traveled several times to Bosnia, where he helped recruit a Bosnian Muslim S.S. company, the notorious “Hanjar troopers,” who slaughtered 90 percent of Bosnia’s Jews and burned “countless Serbian churches and villages.” Throughout World War II, al-Husseini preached regularly on radio broadcasts to the Middle East. On November 2, 1943, less than three weeks after the initial Nazi roundup of Roman Jews and the beginning of the Nazi occupation of the Italian capital, he used German radio to broadcast one of his most virulently anti-Semitic messages: “The overwhelming egoism which lies in the character of Jews, their unworthy belief that they are God’s chosen nation and their assertion that all was created for them and that other people are animals” makes them “incapable of being trusted. They cannot mix with any other nation but live as parasites among the nations, suck out their blood, embezzle their property, corrupt their morals.” “Kill the Jews wherever you find them,” the Mufti told his growing Arab radio audience in 1944. “This pleases God, history, and religion.”

“It is hardly accidental that the beginning of the systematic physical destruction of European Jewry by Hitler’s Third Reich roughly coincided with the Mufti’s arrival in the Axis camp,” Joseph B. Schechtmann pointed out in his 1965 book The Mufti and the Führer. And much of the Arab-Muslim leadership in the Middle East learned to share al-Husseini’s ideas about the Jews during the Second World War.

After the defeat of the Axis powers, Hajj Amin al-Husseini escaped indictment as a war criminal at Nuremberg by fleeing to Egypt, where he received political asylum and where, shortly after his arrival, he met the young Yasser Arafat, a teenager then living in Cairo. (Arafat and al-Husseini were, in fact, distantly related: Arafat’s mother was the daughter of al-Husseini’s first cousin.) Arafat soon became a devoted protégé of the grand Mufti, who brought a former Nazi commando to Egypt to teach Arafat and others how to fight. Arafat first shed Jewish blood during terrorist raids against Israel in 1947.

The Mufti’s mission of waging ongoing war against the Jews was continued by Arafat during the 1960s and early 1970s. In 1969, for example, the PLO recruited two former Nazi instructors, Erich Altern, a leader of the Gestapo’s Jewish affairs section, and Willy Berner, an S.S. officer in the Matthausen extermination camp. Another former Nazi, Johann Schuller, was found supplying arms to the Fatah. The Belgian Jean Tireault, secretary of the neo-Nazi La Nation Européenne, also went on the Fatah payroll. Still another Belgian, the neo-Nazi Karl van der Put, recruited the PLO. So, too, the German neo-Nazi Otto Albrecht was arrested in West Germany with PLO identity papers, after the PLO had given him $1.2 million to buy weapons.

Arafat always revered al-Husseini, who died in 1974, as his beloved hero and mentor. In a major address in April 1985, Arafat said he took “immense pride” in being the Mufti’s student and emphasized that the PLO “is continuing the path” he set. Close to thirty years after al-Husseini’s death, Arafat referred in an August 2002 interview to “our hero al-Husseini” as a “symbol of withstanding world pressure, having remained an Arab leader in spite of demands to have him replaced because of his Nazi ties.”

As Robert S. Wistrich has persuasively argued, the anti-Jewish legacy of Nazism “has proven to be especially potent” in the Arab-Islamic world, “where anti-Semitism is once again acquiring a potentially lethal charge.” This new and insidious Islamic anti-Semitism, with its roots in the virulently anti-Jewish ideology of Nazism, has become pervasive throughout the Arab world. In point of fact, as Wistrich demonstrates, “there is currently a culture of hatred that permeates books, magazines, newspapers, sermons, video-cassettes, the internet, television, and radio in the Arab Middle East which has not been seen since the heyday of Nazi Germany.”

Portions of the tradition of Muslim anti-Semitism date from as far back as the Middle Ages, but in recent decades, as Wistrich has suggested, the dehumanizing images of Jews and Israel that have penetrated the body politic of Islam have been sufficiently radical in tone and content to constitute a new “warrant for genocide.” Something different, something new, entered the Arab mind in the twentieth century. And its origins are not particularly hard to trace. Much of this new Muslim-inspired anti-Semitism owes its development to one man: Hajj Amin al-Husseini, who so passionately supported and contributed to Hitler’s Final Solution.

This unholy legacy of virulent anti-Semitism and anti-Jewish terrorism has been an enduring one: In the sixty years since the Holocaust, Hajj Amin al-Husseini has become the hero of the terrorist Palestine Liberation Organization, the founding father of the radical Palestine National Movement, and the inspiration of two generations of radical Islamic leaders to carry on Hitler’s war against the Jews.
45/47

Snow-i  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2015, 06:45 PM

I was wrong.

It's Paris, not Israel.

CNN & fox are reporting at least 60 dead, 100 held hostage. When seconds count, police are minutes away.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11.../?intcmp=hpbt1

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2015, 06:48 PM

It isn't at all related to the refugee/migrant flood, nope, no siree.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Snow-i  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2015, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
It isn't at all related to the refugee/migrant flood, nope, no siree.
Clearly this has nothing to do with Islam or terrorism, or a disarmed populace. Perhaps this will act as a wake up call to those complacent with their safety amidst our utterly failed foreign policy in the ME and abroad.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2015, 06:59 PM

I've been following the breaking news on Twitter. Police have reportedly confirmed six coordinated attacks. The French President has declared a state of emergency and closed the country's borders. Some reports have up to 60 dead.

OAW

Snow-i  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
I've been following the breaking news on Twitter. Police have reportedly confirmed six coordinated attacks. The French President has declared a state of emergency and closed the country's borders. Some reports have up to 60 dead.

OAW
Paris Explosion Heard From Inside Stadium During Soccer Match

During Germany/France.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2015, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
Clearly this has nothing to do with Islam or terrorism, or a disarmed populace. Perhaps this will act as a wake up call to those complacent with their safety amidst our utterly failed foreign policy in the ME and abroad.
I'm watching Vox try to spin this as "reprisal for not integrating Muslims into Europe fast enough". Holy shit! Really? REALLY?! Idiots.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 07:21 AM

This was recorded 11/12 and aired the morning of 11/13. Hillary can blame another YouTube video.

President Barack Obama claimed ISIS was losing strength and was “contained” a day before the Paris attacks.

“I don’t think they’re gaining strength,” he told ABC’s George Stephanopolous on Thursday, which aired Friday on Good Morning America. “What is true is that from the start, our goal has been first to contain and we have contained them.”
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2015, 12:02 PM

President LIAR and his cast of idiots strike again. Hillary and Kerry messed up really bad in the ME.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 12:34 PM

Amazing how some are so convinced this was done by ISIS. High profile, coordinated terrorist attacks are a hallmark of al-Qaeda. It could have just as easily been them. In any event, we shall see soon enough.

OAW

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2015, 12:47 PM

I mean....ISIL publicly took responsibility for it.

In any event, does it really matter either way?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 01:21 PM

Amazing how some are so convinced this was done by ISIS. High profile, coordinated terrorist attacks are a hallmark of al-Qaeda. It could have just as easily been them. In any event, we shall see soon enough.
ISIS took responsibility and they have other evidence to link them, but if you have some amazing bit info that will help the French gov't, by all means, contact them.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
President LIAR and his cast of idiots strike again. Hillary and Kerry messed up really bad in the ME.
I personally don't believe it's deceit, I think he's just a moron.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2015, 01:44 PM

Agreed. He is naive, Hillary is incompetent and so is Kerry. Interesting that Bernie may be able to get Hillary to shriek out tonight when he blames her and Obama for the ME problems that have flowed over to Europe.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 02:56 PM

and the fool said:

P
Nov 14, 2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Shortcut View Post
I mean....ISIL publicly took responsibility for it.
Along with a bunch of others, apparently - and notably not in their official feed, at least not at first. It is just that that particular group of crazies is at the top of everyone's mind right now.

In any event, does it really matter either way?
No. Not at all. This wasn't organization on the level of 9/11. It was three teams - one group of suicide bombers who failed to get into the football game, one group who just ran around with assault rifles shooting people at random, and a group that took hostages in a theater. Only the last required any real level of organization.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2015, 03:26 PM

What's more notable is they were willing to burn so many assets at once, along with having that quantity willing to burn themselves.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
Along with a bunch of others
Which the French gov't and Interpol claim are not credible.

Paris Attacks: ISIS Claims Responsibility, France Vows 'Merciless' Response - NBC News

P
Nov 14, 2015, 04:27 PM

Does the linked article say that other claims aren't credible? I can't see that. Anyway, not important. I also think that IS/ISIS/ISIL/Daesh is the most likely suspect, I'm just saying that the world is full of crazies. Personally, I read the lack of crowing from official channels as this being an act by someone associated with IS, but not necessarily at the very top. They're not exactly a monolithic organization.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 04:43 PM

OAW
ISIS was al-Qeada in Iraq
45/47

P
Nov 14, 2015, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
ISIS was al-Qeada in Iraq
Sort of. It called itself that for 15 months, and officially it pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda for that period, but it was never particularly closely affiliated with the Usama bin Laden - as evidenced by the fact that they changed their name again soon enough.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2015, 07:48 PM

ISIS/ISIL/DAESH is the remnants of Saddam Hussein's security/intelligence forces that aligned themselves with Sunni Islamic radicals after his ouster. Anyone still think toppling Saddam was a good idea considering how he was a mortal enemy of Islamic radicals?

The Terror Strategist: Secret Files Reveal the Structure of Islamic State - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

OAW

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 14, 2015, 09:17 PM

I'd hate to travel down this road, but France and "merciless response(s)" don't seem to go together.

I'm not making a cheap "we surrender" joke — this sort of thing just doesn't seem to be France's strength.

OreoCookie
Nov 14, 2015, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I'm not making a cheap "we surrender" joke — this sort of thing just doesn't seem to be France's strength.
That image of France is based on a very superficial view on France's history. For a long time they had the most powerful land army in the world, and the two World Wars have shown that they can take a punch.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 12:41 AM

ISIS/ISIL/DAESH is the remnants of Saddam Hussein's security/intelligence forces that aligned themselves with Sunni Islamic radicals after his ouster. Anyone still think toppling Saddam was a good idea considering how he was a mortal enemy of Islamic radicals?

The Terror Strategist: Secret Files Reveal the Structure of Islamic State - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International
So what? The Blame Game doesn't help anyone, radical Islam needs to be handled now.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2015, 09:33 AM

Yeah lets dust off the nukes shall we?

Yawn.

And sigh.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 11:14 AM

When did I say nukes? We have other ways of handling these things.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2015, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
That image of France is based on a very superficial view on France's history. For a long time they had the most powerful land army in the world...
Napoleon doesn't count, as it was two centuries ago.

...and the two World Wars have shown that they can take a punch.
...with some help of friends (which is the way it should be for all of us, really).

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2015, 12:19 PM

Like what?

It particularly amuses me when people seem to imply that we must "wipe out" radicalism by.....apparently invading and killing everyone in that area? I mean.....at what point do we start to wonder if that strategy actually works?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 12:35 PM

Like what?

It particularly amuses me when people seem to imply that we must "wipe out" radicalism by.....apparently invading and killing everyone in that area? I mean.....at what point do we start to wonder if that strategy actually works?

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 01:06 PM

Like what?

We have conventional warheads that can do as much damage to an entrenched enemy a mid-sized nuke, our fuel-air explosive tech is extremely effective. Basically, it's the Jericho from Iron Man.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 03:30 PM

The "mother of all bombs"
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 03:41 PM

We have conventional warheads that can do as much damage to an entrenched enemy a mid-sized nuke, our fuel-air explosive tech is extremely effective. Basically, it's the Jericho from Iron Man.

This is true. But it's a particularly unusable and therefore ineffective weapon when the enemy is embedded within civilian populations. Unless, of course, you are of the mindset that slaughtering innocent civilians is "different" when the American military does it?

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 04:11 PM

I don't believe there are "innocents" in certain places, when we see an area is occupied by ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban, etc. we need to level it. They rely on us being timid and that weakness is only allowing us to be further exploited, causing death to our own people. It's time to change the rules.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 04:24 PM

I don't believe there are "innocents" in certain places, when we see an area is occupied by ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban, etc. we need to level it. They rely on us being timid and that weakness is only allowing us to be further exploited, causing death to our own people. It's time to change the rules.
So all those towns, villages, and cities that were overrun and let's use you own word ... OCCUPIED ... by ISIS should just be "leveled"? You mean like Mosul ... the second largest city in Iraq? Ok.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 04:28 PM

Why are you asking questions twice?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 06:04 PM

Carthaginian peace?
45/47

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2015, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Carthaginian peace?
Exactly. And it took almost 6 years of horrific world war to barely convince you guys to try it in Japan; good luck finding the political or moral will to do it in this instance, even if ISIL seem to be impressively focused on pissing off everyone they can. And not to mention - in this instance it would never work as well as Japan, by the very nature of how and why ISIL is what it is.

Solutions are not helpful if they are ungrounded in reality.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 08:04 PM

45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 08:33 PM

Brigitte Gabriel and Robert Spencer on Hannity.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2015, 11:48 PM

Why are you asking questions twice?
Because I just wanted to know if you realized the gravity of what you said or if it was just typical right-wing bluster. But you seem to hold the position that killing a city full of innocent civilians in order to take out the terrorists occupying the city is a just and appropriate course of action. Even though I think that's crazy talk ... I can at least respect the fact that you are man enough to just come out and say that's what you think.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 12:13 AM

Exactly. And it took almost 6 years of horrific world war to barely convince you guys to try it in Japan; good luck finding the political or moral will to do it in this instance, even if ISIL seem to be impressively focused on pissing off everyone they can. And not to mention - in this instance it would never work as well as Japan, by the very nature of how and why ISIL is what it is.

Solutions are not helpful if they are ungrounded in reality.
Then France must not have received your memo, because they've already started bombing the hell out of them. In fact, they've been able to do something in 2 days that's eluded Obama for years. They can actually locate Raqqa on a map.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 12:14 AM

Because I just wanted to know if you realized the gravity of what you said or if it was just typical right-wing bluster. But you seem to hold the position that killing a city full of innocent civilians in order to take out the terrorists occupying the city is a just and appropriate course of action. Even though I think that's crazy talk ... I can at least respect the fact that you are man enough to just come out and say that's what you think.
I don't believe they're "innocent civilians". Radical Islam has corrupted them, root and branch.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 03:46 PM

This is what we are up against.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 03:58 PM

Then France must not have received your memo, because they've already started bombing the hell out of them. In fact, they've been able to do something in 2 days that's eluded Obama for years. They can actually locate Raqqa on a map.
You are so full of anti-Obama drivel that you post stupid sh*t that 10 seconds of Google Fu would prove is demonstrably false. From July 2015 ...

The US-led coalition battling the Islamic State (also known as ISIS or ISIL) has dramatically intensified its air war against the militant group with strikes pummeling the group's de-facto capital of Raqqa, Syria.

Since Wednesday, the coalition has conducted aerial strikes against more than 70 ISIS targets. One airstrike was responsible for bombing 20 ISIS staging areas around Raqqa, according to Brett McGurk, the US deputy special presidential envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter ISIS.

In addition to the strikes around Raqqa, the US-led coalition also destroyed ISIS fighting positions and tactical units in Tal Abyad, Kobani, Aleppo, and Al Bukamal in Syria, according to a press release from the coalition.

The latter sites in Syria have been the location of fierce fighting between US-backed Kurdish YPG forces and ISIS. Since the US began providing aerial support to the Kurds, the YPG has steadily eaten away at ISIS territory in northern Syria. At the height of its push, the YPG advanced to within 30 miles of Raqqa.

In addition to the strikes in Syria, the US-led coalition carried out 14 airstrikes against 11 targets in Iraq. The strikes in Iraq destroyed heavy machinery, tactical positions, bunkers, and staging areas across much of the north and the west of the country.

"The coalition is committed to diminishing Daesh's military capacity," Brig. Gen. Kevin Killea, the chief of staff for the combined joint task force, said in a statement, using the Arabic acronym for ISIS. "Our disciplined targeting process and strike execution remain relentless in seeking out and prosecuting Daesh targets."

The sudden ramp-up in airstrikes comes as President Barack Obama recently promised to escalate attacks against the militant group. The bombing runs against Raqqa were the most intense against ISIS since operations began last August, ABC managing editor Jon Williams said.

"Indeed, we're intensifying our efforts against ISIL's base in Syria," Obama said Tuesday during remarks at the Pentagon. "Our airstrikes will continue to target the oil and gas facilities that fund so much of their operations. We're going after the ISIL leadership and infrastructure in Syria — the heart of ISIL that pumps funds and propaganda to people around the world."
US-led warplanes pummeling ISIS' Raqqa capital - Business Insider

And as for the recent French airstrikes more power to them but they appear to be more symbolic at this stage in the game ...

A group of anti-ISIS activists in Raqqa reported 24 bombs dropped and 30 explosions overnight into Monday. Mostly the suburbs were hit, but in the city, the stadium and the museum were also struck, said Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently.

ISIS uses the museum and the stadium as jails. Its headquarters are also in the stadium, the activists said.

On Sunday, 12 aircraft dropped 20 bombs on ISIS positions in Raqqa, destroying all targets, France's Defense Ministry said.

But French bombs may have killed few of the militants. The Islamist terror group has withdrawn from its sites in anticipation of the retaliation, Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently said. Streets have been empty, markets less crowded.

No civilian casualties have been reported, the activist group said, and the civilian population does not seem particularly worried.

The activists said there have been ISIS casualties but could not say how many.

An ISIS media wing has said there were no casualties Sunday.
Raqqa strikes: French jets bomb ISIS' Syria stronghold - CNN.com

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2015, 06:21 PM

I was exaggerating, for Christ's sake (why he hasn't continued to bomb them is a ****ing mystery though, since there's always several 1000 ISIS fighters standing around on any given day), also he's specific avoided the city center, which is absurd. Get your tighty-whities out of your ass crack, Barbera.

Forum Links
Forum Rules