Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Replacement for Epson 2200

Replacement for Epson 2200
Gito
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2004, 10:07 PM

I am very close to going and getting the Epson 2200 but I am concerned about Epson releasing a newer model some time soon since this printer has been on the market for over 2 years.

Does anyone know anything related to this issue? Or heard something about Epson coming out with a new one?

I do know a little about the Epson 4000 but I think that isn't the replacement, or is it?
I would appreciate all of your responses!
Sincerely
Jorge

OreoCookie
May 9, 2004, 03:00 AM

Take a look at the Canon i9100. Its predecessor beat the Epson 2200 in the tests -- faster, cheaper, cheaper ink. Together with a professional RIP, you can get professional results.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

striker100
Mac Enthusiast
May 9, 2004, 07:57 AM

I have my Epson 1280 for about 2 years and it's still a current product on Epsons web site.
I wouldn't worry too much, I doubt that Epson will replace the 2200 so fast considering how good it is supposed to be and all the press coverage and positive reviews it has garnered. Jusy my opinion.

scottiB
Professional Poster
May 9, 2004, 11:56 AM

The Epson 4000 is the 3000's replacement. About fricken' time, too.

aaanorton
Mac Elite
May 9, 2004, 01:56 PM

There's no word yet of a 2200 replacement, but of course, it's just a matter of time. The smaller Epson R800 is out, which utilizes the new gloss optimizer. I'm currently waiting for my 4000 delivery. This will be an awesome printer. It's more money (part of the true "pro" Epson line), but you'd be able to do 16x20s. It's also considerably faster than the 2200 and 7/9/10600 printers.
The Canons may very well be cheaper, but nothing touches the 2200's output quality, except the 7/9/10600s, of course.

Forum Links
Forum Rules