Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Samsung TV: Two "storages" for TV channels, so confusing

Samsung TV: Two "storages" for TV channels, so confusing
HamSandwich
Dec 5, 2015, 10:52 AM

Hey,

my parents bought a Samsung TV which is rather good. The picture is fine and the remote is alright, even for those who will be seniors at a point.

After I searched for channels, somehow, there are now two "memories" or two "storages" for channels and that is very confusing. There are 20 or 30 channels in one, all in Standard Definition SD, and then it also uses the other one for over 50 channels or many more, some of which are actually in HD which is what I really want.
If you are inexperienced, you switch between both memories every day. Anyone with a clue?

There should be more people around here with Samsung TVs. Is there a possibility to merge both storages? I want a normal TV handling, one set of channels, I can sort them manually if I want to, HD if possible, otherwise SD alright.

Does that work?
Greetings,
PeteParker

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 5, 2015, 11:47 AM

What does the manual say?

HamSandwich
Dec 6, 2015, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
What does the manual say?
I will check. Anyone with a Samsung TV set around?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 6, 2015, 08:29 AM

You mean you've asked here without even RTFM?

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2015, 10:27 AM

I have a Samsung but have no idea what the heck anyone is talking about, who are you people, who sent you?!

but maybe this will be helpful...

You need to program your cable tv's remote to accept the Samsung TV then use the cable box remote from now on for everything. (though Smart TV features work better with the Samsung remote, I've found the Samsung remote horribly designed and has oddly placed buttons.)

In essence, the guide on the Cable remote will bring the regular list up, the one on the Samsung will bring up the little side bar list.

Anyway, I think this is what you mean, if not, good luck, it took me a while to figure the new TV out.
( Last edited by osiris; Dec 7, 2015 at 11:05 AM. )
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2015, 01:01 PM

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/index.php

This is your one stop shop for helpful TV nerds. I'm sure there is a single forum thread dedicated to your exact model of TV and you'll either find an answer there, or someone willing to answer your question.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Forum Links
Forum Rules