Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > How ZFS may impact you and Apple's plans

How ZFS may impact you and Apple's plans (Page 2)
besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 2, 2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Sorry for the late reply, real life got crazy the first two weeks of the semester.

Why should that void their warranty? They use Sun servers and Solaris. Using ZFS as file system is an officially supported config, nothing nefarious about it. The RAID cards for sure are bored now

Also: de-duplication also gets my thumbsup -- once I read the blog post so that I understand what it actually is

Who makes their SAN? As far as I know, Sun does not make SANs. I was referring to their hardware warranty. Are you sure this is a SAN? Why would there be RAID cards on a SAN?

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Nov 2, 2009, 02:43 PM

Please stop bringing up awesome features of ZFS. It’s depressing.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Forum Links
Forum Rules