Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 2G won't sync with iTunes 9.1.1

iPhone 2G won't sync with iTunes 9.1.1
timinky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2010, 11:24 AM

Decided to finally upgrade my iTunes. Moved from 7.something to 9.1.1. Of course when iPhone was placed in cradle I was asked if I wanted to update iPhone software from 1.something to 3.1.3. I did that and download began. After download was complete iTunes continued doing it's prescribed thing. Sync process began. Then a hang occurred. Got this; "itunes could not sync "notes" to the iPhone Tim's iPhone because the iPhone disconnected". Tried once more same thing. On the iPhone itself, get apple logo and a progress bar, that starts to show progress then just stalls, and just hangs there until I try to reboot phone. Upon reboot, get same thing again. Phone will not come to life. Did a "restore" on iTunes and that did eventually get me process moving where phone was now "activated". But upon trying to sync again. I end up back to square one again with stalled sync/hung phone. I originally upgraded iTunes to 9.2 but trashed that and downloaded a
earlier version thinking that might behave better with the 2G. Any suggestions how I can fix this dilemma?

thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules