Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I think im going to cave

I think im going to cave
LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2003, 02:18 PM

Im going for my 12 inch powerbook G4 now im afraid. Unless someone can convince me otherwise yet again here is the deal. Those promotional offers are too good to pass off. I think I would be a fool. In addition the 200 dollars off anyway is really good. I am getting an ipod, powerbook 12 for 2000 dollars on the dot. With a FREE printer. Apple has also promoted this deal more this last week . they got a banner on the education page that wasnt there before. This is a signal for me that if I continue to wait I will probably lose these offers. Decisions
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2003, 02:31 PM

TOMORROW! WAIT! LoL, just wait for tomorrow (it's a Tuesday) and if no new ones are released, go for it. If they're released tomorrow, you'll be glad you waited.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

LfGrdMike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2003, 02:35 PM

Thank you I feel better now Ill continue to wait I needed that. Ill post back here when i get my new powerbook. I am ordering tommorow or wedsday morning.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display

Kenstee
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2003, 02:36 PM

If you want the discount and the goodies go for it. If you want the latest and greatest wait a week or so. I could argue this one both ways. That said, the deals on the "old" 12s could get even more attractive after the release of the revised 12".,,,Maybe.

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Aug 18, 2003, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Kenstee:
If you want the discount and the goodies go for it. If you want the latest and greatest wait a week or so. I could argue this one both ways. That said, the deals on the "old" 12s could get even more attractive after the release of the revised 12".,,,Maybe.
To be realistic, though, people have been saying "wait a week or so" for months now. Unless there are some good leaks I haven't heard about (definitely possible), I would just go ahead and order the machine on discount rather than keep waiting weeks and weeks.

But yes, might as well wait until the closest Tuesday, because that's when they generally release. Don't keep waiting, though. The machine is fine.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2003, 03:07 PM

If you *need* a computer, and you see a good deal, just buy it. If you decide to wait, you're gonna be waiting, and waiting, and waiting.
Now if you don't really *need* one, and can wait for the next, newest and fastest, then do it.

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2003, 05:07 PM

LfGrdMike, the price reductions got me too!

I bought a 15" Ti 867 3 weeks ago for well over �300 ($500?) off the list price.

I have used the machine for 3 weeks and am 100% impressed.

I really needed the machine, so I *had* too buy when I did, but either way the machine is so cool I wouldn't have complained anyway!

I owned a 12" PPB a few weeks back. Awesome machine. So I am sure that you will be impressed whatever happens!

LfGrdMike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2003, 09:46 PM

This is my final decision:

I will give Apple one last day. If the powerbook is NOT updated by tommorow im going to purchase on wednesday. Their is no solid evidence that the powerbook is going to be updated tommorow however. ThinkSecret makes it sound like next week. Doesnt matter anymore either way im getting an apple, and they are great machines. I will just c what happens.

geekwagon
Senior User
Aug 18, 2003, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by LfGrdMike:
This is my final decision:

I will give Apple one last day. If the powerbook is NOT updated by tommorow im going to purchase on wednesday. Their is no solid evidence that the powerbook is going to be updated tommorow however. ThinkSecret makes it sound like next week. Doesnt matter anymore either way im getting an apple, and they are great machines. I will just c what happens.
That's a good plan. Apple is pretty good about upgrading your order to the new stuff if it comes out before they ship. And price protecting you if they come out with new models and lower the price on the old ones within 10 days of your order.

Forum Links
Forum Rules