Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Moveable type help

Moveable type help
loren s
Senior User
Nov 16, 2004, 09:09 PM

I asked there place forums but it seems like noone is there. So I wanted to ask here since I lknow alot of people use MT here.

Hi I was tinkering with my css and wanted a square page that is not a long tall page, but I can not control how many posts are on a front page at a time nor can I control the lenth of them.

http://www.aprilcolo.com/oh/chimp/

It is not done yet as I have fallen into this trap with the number of posts.

Note I do know that the page breaks in IE ,,, *GRRRRRRRRRRRR me hate ie*

But useing the how posts perday does not work as I need it to, I need the power to show only so many posts or only so much height and whatnot.

If not do you know of a different blog software that allows this ??

midwinter
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2004, 03:40 AM

I'm sure there's a way to do what you want in MT, but it's been so long since I've messed with it that I don't remember how. I can tell you that WordPress is worth looking at and has a FAR more responsive support community.

SLam
Nov 17, 2004, 04:39 AM

You can limit the number of posts that display on the front page by adding lastn to the MTEntries tag. For example:

<MTEntries lastn="5">
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GB | 100 GB | 10.5.1stevelam.org

loren s  (op)
Senior User
Nov 17, 2004, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by SLam:
You can limit the number of posts that display on the front page by adding lastn to the MTEntries tag. For example:

<MTEntries lastn="5">
sweet

But how does it go in ? I tred a few different way but it gets jumbled around..

Code:
<div id="center"> <div class="content"> <MTEntries> <MTEntries lastn="2"> <div class="teaser"> <$MTEntryTrackbackData$> <h3 id="a<$MTEntryID pad="1"$>"><$MTEntryTitle$></h3> <$MTEntryBody$> <MTEntryIfExtended> <p class="extended"><a href="<$MTEntryPermalink$>#more">Continue reading "<$MTEntryTitle$>"</a></p> </MTEntryIfExtended> <p class="posted">Posted by <$MTEntryAuthor$> at <a href="<$MTEntryPermalink valid_html="1"$>"><$MTEntryDate format="%X"$></a> <MTEntryIfAllowComments> | <a href="<$MTEntryPermalink archive_type="Individual"$>#comments">Comments (<$MTEntryCommentCount$>)</a> </MTEntryIfAllowComments> <MTEntryIfAllowPings> | <a href="<$MTEntryPermalink archive_type="Individual"$>#trackbacks">TrackBack (<$MTEntryTrackbackCount$>)</a> </MTEntryIfAllowPings> </p> </div> </MTEntries> </MTEntries> </div> </div>

LisaJill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2004, 11:44 AM

Just 1 MT Entries opening and closing tag pair.

Code:
<MTEntries lastn="2"> <div class="teaser"> <$MTEntryTrackbackData$> <h3 id="a<$MTEntryID pad="1"$>"><$MTEntryTitle$></h3> <$MTEntryBody$> <MTEntryIfExtended> <p class="extended"><a href="<$MTEntryPermalink$>#more">Continue reading "<$MTEntryTitle$>"</a></p> </MTEntryIfExtended> <p class="posted">Posted by <$MTEntryAuthor$> at <a href="<$MTEntryPermalink valid_html="1"$>"><$MTEntryDate format="%X"$></a> <MTEntryIfAllowComments> | <a href="<$MTEntryPermalink archive_type="Individual"$>#comments">Comments (<$MTEntryCommentCount$> )</a> </MTEntryIfAllowComments> <MTEntryIfAllowPings> | <a href="<$MTEntryPermalink archive_type="Individual"$>#trackbacks">TrackBack (<$MTEntryTrackbackCount$> )</a> </MTEntryIfAllowPings> </p> </div> </MTEntries>

loren s  (op)
Senior User
Nov 18, 2004, 01:10 AM

SWEET! that worked like a charm thankl you ! : : D:

Forum Links
Forum Rules