Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Why can't you shuffle iPod Podcasts?? or for that matter...

Why can't you shuffle iPod Podcasts?? or for that matter...
bmmp
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2006, 06:24 AM

This will forever be a mystery to me. Why can't you shuffle podcasts on iPods?
I read the book, it says it will ignore Audiobooks and Podcasts when you shuffle, but I was hoping to find an easy solution around it.

And for that matter, why can't use use the Previous and Next buttons when playing a Podcast on an iPod. It's pretty irritating. Especially for the shorter podcasts, like The Onions Daily News, it would be useful just to scroll Next and Previous between the podcasts.

And while I'm at it, why doesn't iPods automatically play the following podcast? I hope I'm just a moron and there's an easy fix for this, but this is pretty silly to not have it automatically done.

ApplCmptrDood
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 7, 2006, 11:20 PM

If you want to listen to them while in the "Shuffle Songs" mode on the iPod, just do a get info on the file (command - i) in iTunes and uncheck the "skip when shuffling" option, and you're good to go!
Apparently, I'm a sig violator. I feel honored. Oops.

ixus_123
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 18, 2007, 04:03 PM

Thanks - just what I needed

next seems to seek inside the podcast though rather than going to the next one but I'm just glad it will shuffle. Thanks
iBook G3 366mhz as a web server:
http://kieren.demon.co.uk/wordpress/

Forum Links
Forum Rules