Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How well will World of Warcraft run on my ibook.

How well will World of Warcraft run on my ibook.
NovaFlame
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2006, 10:38 PM

1.2ghz ibook G4
512mb of ram (sometime it's going to be 1gb, when I get around to looking for a stick in stores)
32 mb vram ati mobility radeon 9200.

So far games like Command and Conquer generals ran at medium settings at 1024X768 smooth. I was able to run Doom 3 on everything low with shaders on and special effects on (it was playable). Halo runs real smooth.

So how well will this run WoW. I have no problem turning everything down.

TacoBallZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 1, 2006, 01:29 PM

I ran WoW on my mac Mini 1.4 with 512MB ram and the same 32MB 9200 ATI, but I wouldn't want to do that for very long. The 1.2G4 might be enough. Big cities with lots of textures is where you will be seeing the most problems with bad framerates.

NovaFlame  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2006, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBallZ
I ran WoW on my mac Mini 1.4 with 512MB ram and the same 32MB 9200 ATI, but I wouldn't want to do that for very long. The 1.2G4 might be enough. Big cities with lots of textures is where you will be seeing the most problems with bad framerates.
Yay well guess its everything low for me lol. Ram for my ibook is too expensive

Forum Links
Forum Rules