Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Messed Up Keys on Keyboard..

Messed Up Keys on Keyboard..
frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2006, 10:26 PM

I am very fragile with my Macbook and today i noticed that when I went to use the backslash and bracket key that they were loose. The keys were wobbly and felt as if they were going to come off any moment. Has anybody else experienced an issue similar to this with their keys on their Macbook keyboard? If so what did Apple do for you? Were they able to replace the keys? Please help me. I would like to book an Applecare appointment ASAP.

frankthetank966  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2006, 10:58 PM

Someone please help I am going crazy....

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 27, 2006, 11:45 PM

I've not heard of this problem. My MacBook is fine. You should follow through with the Applecare appointment.

Chris

frankthetank966  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2006, 12:05 AM

it is extremly annoying. what do you think they will say? are the keys replaceable?

peterauch21
Nov 28, 2006, 01:42 PM

The entire keyboard is replaceable. I dont know if they would attempt to just replace two keys rather then swapping out the entire thing.

frankthetank966  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2006, 04:14 PM

How is it replaceable? thats awesome....

peterauch21
Nov 28, 2006, 04:43 PM

They replace the entire thing, wrist pad and all. There was a picture floating around some where.. Someone had a blackbook that had issues with his keyboard. The apple store tossed a white keyboard onto it until they got the black part for the replacement.

frankthetank966  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2006, 07:05 PM

LOL!!! that sucks and is kind of annoying. anyways yea they told me the same thing. they will replace the entire thing. btw does the replacment for the discoloration prevent any further discorloration?

p.s. it will take 5-7 buis. days

peterauch21
Dec 1, 2006, 05:15 PM

I've heard that the newer keyboards/wrist pads are more resiliant to discoloration.

TacoBallZ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2006, 05:14 PM

I had to exchange my first macbook after the first week due to the arrow keys being unresponsive. They just swapped out the hdd to a new macbook since I had already done a bootcamp install and had many other editing apps installed on the mac side. That was nice. But it was really frustrating trying to play doom and not being able to turn left!

Forum Links
Forum Rules