Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > DVD Data Burning Help

DVD Data Burning Help
RxGator
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2007, 04:02 PM

Hey all, I am using a MacBook Pro and when I go to burn data onto a DVD using a burn folder, the burning process completes but everytime says that verification fails and not all of my data (pictures) are on the DVD. Any ideas!?! Thanks for your time.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Dec 7, 2007, 10:25 PM

Tried different media? Different user account?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

gpeden
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 8, 2007, 11:07 AM

Hi there,

I went for a month with my new PB Pro before I realized that the DVD player on mine was broken. It read install disks and commercial movies OK, and wrote CD's. But it would not read DVD's that it wrote (failed verification), nor would it read any DVD that I'd written on other machines. It's in for repair now and I noticed on Apple's forum that there were a number of folks with bad drives in new machines.

Cheers!
Glen

RxGator  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2007, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the good information. Since there is obviously a problem with some of the MacBook Pro's DVD drives, will Apple cover the repairs on the computer or are the unlucky individuals going to have to fork over some cash?

romeosc
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by RxGator View Post
Thanks for the good information. Since there is obviously a problem with some of the MacBook Pro's DVD drives, will Apple cover the repairs on the computer or are the unlucky individuals going to have to fork over some cash?
Yes, as long as you have AppleCare and haven't dropped or abused it.

RxGator  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2007, 01:37 AM

Ouch! AppleCare is pretty expensive. I might just live with the problem. I can read and burn DVDs just fine, just only when I want to make data DVDs. Thanks all for the help!

tinkered
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 11, 2007, 03:16 AM

Is your computer less than a year old? If so, you are covered even without apple care.
17" MBP C2D 2.33/3 GB RAM/500 GB 7200 rpm/Glossy Display|-|
17" iMac CD|-|15" PB G4 1.25 GHz|-|iBook g4 1Ghz|-|Pismo

RxGator  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2007, 10:26 AM

Unfortunately I have had my computer for about 18 months.

romeosc
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2007, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by RxGator View Post
Ouch! AppleCare is pretty expensive. I might just live with the problem. I can read and burn DVDs just fine, just only when I want to make data DVDs. Thanks all for the help!

Try Toast, since you can video DVDs, it maybe speed related. Toast can burn in test mode and let you know if it works without making "coasters"!

Forum Links
Forum Rules