Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes -> iPod playlist order consistently wrong.

iTunes -> iPod playlist order consistently wrong.
Metzen
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2002, 03:12 PM

Does anyone else have this problem:

I've made a smart playlist in iTunes 3 that does the following (I'm manually updating the playlists my iPod, I can't afford to keep 5GB's of music on my 13GB iMac ):

Find songs with the following text in the comments field: "Softer Side of Life" and "Classic". Sort in iTunes 3 according to Play Count. Eject iPod, check playlist. The order is wrong.

I've found that the iPod is sorting this according to "Date Modified" instead of playcount. I take this to be a bug, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or a similar one and found a workaround.

As a last note here, the same thing follows ALL of my smart playlists, though not all of them are sorted by Date Modified, some are sorted by Date Created or Comments and one smart playlist is sorted by Bitrate(!).

I'm sure if anyone has a solution here, it'll solve the problems with the other playlist sort problems as well... Thanks in advance.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
E. F. Schumacher

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 08:41 AM

if i remember correectly (dont have my iPod with me at the moment) my playlists are all backwards - so say i have a smart playlist for my top 100, it always has the most played song at the bottom.

Anyway, my iPod seems to be broken at the moment, they extended everyone warranties from 90 days to 1year right? hope so.
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules