Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Why is "Mp3 Encoders" closed?

Why is "Mp3 Encoders" closed?
Kristjan
Dec 3, 2000, 09:50 PM

Why? I'd like some more suggestions. Some threads go on forever, this one was closed after five posts without apparent reason.

------------------

iMac DVSE 400 MHz
128 Mb/13 Gb/9.0.4/X

Lukas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2000, 10:52 PM

Yes, I was quite surprised as well...

Since you have started a new topic here's some more info:

Few months ago I've been comparing following encoders: BladeEnc, MusicMatch, MPegger, mp3 Encoder and DropMP3. I have tested a file in 44kHz/16bit/stereo/128kbs/CBR.
mp3 Encoder and DropMP3 were the winners, however DropMP3 is faster and definitely more comfortable to use. mp3 encoder 0.12 is a hack using a free Macromedia SoundEdit plug-in, the quality is excellent though.

DropMP3 is very good. And it's free... Although there's one minus point -- I think there is no manual available. But you can still read the MPegger manual to figure most of it out...

And yes, DropMP3 is scriptable as well. In this case -- together with OSA Menu the possibilities seem just unlimited! (I think that for me it's right about time to start to learn some serious AppleScripting...)

------------------
Lukas

mac freak
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2000, 01:20 AM

Yeah...

Why was it closed and who closed it? Did someone "advocate piracy" or "make a slanderous remark" or something like that?

I read it over and I surely don't see any reason to close it. Hell, Ca$h never even posted to it, so there can't be any viable reason for it's closure!

------------------
Be Happy.
Be happy.

namannik
Senior User
Dec 4, 2000, 10:45 PM

The topic was transferred to the multimedia forum.

Forum Links
Forum Rules